HomeFrostburntCalendarFAQSearchUsergroupsLog inRegisterMemberlistContent
Share | 

Advanced duplicator: Out with the new, in with the old.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bizzclaw
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Advanced duplicator: Out with the new, in with the old.   Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:07 pm

So as many of you know, we've removed advanced duplicator 2 from the server, but we've decided that there needs to be at least some way for people to save stuff, so we're going to try and use the old advanced duplicator. Now I haven't used this version in years, but it still works. Anyways, one of the interesting things about Advanced duplicator is that all of the dupes are saved on the server as opposed to the client, meaning that in order to get a dupe you've made in the past, you must save and upload all dupes. This also means that we can limit dupes to ones that have just been made on the server, meaning that you can't bring dupes from out of the server which may have items it's not supposed too, such as wire explosives. Anyways, here's the thing, we can disable uploading and force people to make everything on the server. This means that I could probably give every player on the server access to advanced duplicator since it couldn't be abused.

Another thing, I can actually take the dupe files and drop them in to the server's directory remotely, so if you have a base you've built and want to keep it, I will make a section on the forums called "Advanced Dupe Upload requests". Here you will be able to submit a picture for your advanced duplication. And admin will claim it and ask you to PM him/her the file. We will then review it and then put it in your advanced duplicator directory.

Oh and another thing, I don't know if you can use dupes you've made with AD2, you may be able to, you may not. Try it and we'll find out. If it doesn't then you can just easily get AD2 and AD1 in your single player, paste the files with AD2, and then save it with AD1 and submit your request.

Post your opinions below. Thank you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frostburnt.com/

Advanced duplicator: Out with the new, in with the old.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General :: Announcements-
Jump to: