HomeFrostburntCalendarFAQSearchUsergroupsLog inRegisterMemberlistContent
Share | 

Possible new RP server to consider (Formerly: Server suggestion: HL2RP)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jeff Belinger
Donator

PostSubject: Possible new RP server to consider (Formerly: Server suggestion: HL2RP)   Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:11 am

Well, a CW HL2RP server would be nice. I'm definitely looking for a good server like this and who better than my favorite community? I seem to remember that Nightmare is quite fond of serious RP, I can definitely see him in a role of the head of the Civil Protection in the city we would play in.

Who would be up for it?

HUEG BLAK DOODS
having good rp doesnt make one fit for staff duties, especially if said people are always playing with the same small group of people and no one else. staying in an echo chamber only makes your own words reflected back to you and whoever else is in the chamber. people applying for staff need to not only know the staff, but also how the playerbase can react to interactions between itself, the general staff base and the applicant

Last edited by Jeff Belinger on Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:21 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : change of topic)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alaska XCIII
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: Possible new RP server to consider (Formerly: Server suggestion: HL2RP)   Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:35 pm

Gross.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://steamcommunity.com/id/AlaskaXCIII
Jeff Belinger
Donator

PostSubject: Re: Possible new RP server to consider (Formerly: Server suggestion: HL2RP)   Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:20 pm

Why? it's a good gamemode for players looking forward for slowpaced and detailed, relaxed roleplay. this is more based on the setting, interactions and the general feeling of the universe than it is about self progression.

I love the PNRP, its awesome you can have some cool roleplay, but its really item collection and self upgrading based than it is based on relations with others. I'm saying the PNRP is great for players looking for intermitent RP and player progression, but isn't really good for people who don't really care about the item collection and self upgrading part (at least, its not the case anymore for me).

You can say i'm bullshitting you by saying i don't care about items, that my last character had literally all of the things a community should own as a collective for my own. Yes, I did, i worked hard on that because I played a character whose point was accumulating wealth, material possession and liquidities and being able to make a profit out of his wealth, just like when i started out renting Miners, power sources and etc.

I had fun with that character, with that kind of RP, now i want player interaction RP. I Retired the character Jeff Belinger for a few reasons: Because he was great at what he did while he lasted, he was rather mono-dimensional and was gathering a much larger ego than the largest building on any map we have in the roster.

Way to derail my own thread i suppose, but this is to explain my point: I would like to see, from this community, a different kind of Roleplaying game server. James is the best developper for PNRP and we have nearly the monopoly on the playerbase. But being good at one thing and that one thing only doesnt make for a diverse community.

I understand a Clockwork Roleplay server cant really be tingled with as much as the PNRP based could be because it is own by Cloudsixteen. The frostburnt Community was founded by the best ULA coder/developper I have ever seen in the couple of servers I have played on. Nightmare is a near flawless roleplayer, and very dedicated to his character trope. Alaska, You, of all people, inspire respect, at least from me.

I don't see why we couldn't go for opening a new server, maybe not a CW RP, maybe not a DarkRP, because those obviously suck and get clogged with retards, minges, trolls and powergamers of varying degrees.

What kind of RP server could we possibly open in the case that we could?

I'm changing the topic of this thread to the new topic "Possible new RP server to consider".

I want to know who agrees, who disagrees, how and where in the realm of possibilities this is and who could potentially take care of this server.

Let the debate begin

HUEG BLAK DOODS
having good rp doesnt make one fit for staff duties, especially if said people are always playing with the same small group of people and no one else. staying in an echo chamber only makes your own words reflected back to you and whoever else is in the chamber. people applying for staff need to not only know the staff, but also how the playerbase can react to interactions between itself, the general staff base and the applicant
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Validtarget
Ban

PostSubject: Re: Possible new RP server to consider (Formerly: Server suggestion: HL2RP)   Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:42 pm

Jeff Belinger wrote:
James is the best developper for PNRP and we have nearly the monopoly on the playerbase. But being good at one thing and that one thing only doesnt make for a diverse community.
He is good at lua coding, that isn't just for pnrp. He chooses to use his lua coding skillz to improve his server yes, but that doesn't mean it is the only thing he can do with it.

When I see this if I try to join the server, it comes as a relief to me. Relief of not being afraid of being framed for tons of shit I didn't do. Relief for not being afraid of messing up a rule. Relief for not having to deal with the admins of Frostburnt. And relief to go to a server where my shots kill stuff, people don't hate me for no reason, and where I can do whatever I want and be treated like a normal person, not a rat held under a microscope under so much pressure to not mess up.

User has been permanatly banned from these forums for the reason "Doesn't want to be here" by Bizzclaw - Honestly I should of banned you a long time ago. And you say you're tired of being treated like "A rat under a microscope"? Sorry, but you've duped, exploited and RDM'd. What did you expect?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alaska XCIII
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: Possible new RP server to consider (Formerly: Server suggestion: HL2RP)   Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:46 pm

I can guarantee you that Frostburnt will not have a HL2RP server in the future. As for another server, who knows.

[comments have been deleted due to unnecessary flaming/trolling/being complete idiots/acting like 5 year olds/whatever you want to call it to make yourself feel better]

Last edited by Alaska XCIII on Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Validtarget
Ban

PostSubject: Re: Possible new RP server to consider (Formerly: Server suggestion: HL2RP)   Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:50 pm

Man I had a comeback prepared and everything.
Anyways I think more of a fast paced server my be good, I personally like DarkRp because of that and a serious DarkRp server could attract alot of attention, since I personally have not found a good one. All have either badmins or terrible addons.

When I see this if I try to join the server, it comes as a relief to me. Relief of not being afraid of being framed for tons of shit I didn't do. Relief for not being afraid of messing up a rule. Relief for not having to deal with the admins of Frostburnt. And relief to go to a server where my shots kill stuff, people don't hate me for no reason, and where I can do whatever I want and be treated like a normal person, not a rat held under a microscope under so much pressure to not mess up.

User has been permanatly banned from these forums for the reason "Doesn't want to be here" by Bizzclaw - Honestly I should of banned you a long time ago. And you say you're tired of being treated like "A rat under a microscope"? Sorry, but you've duped, exploited and RDM'd. What did you expect?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jeff Belinger
Donator

PostSubject: Re: Possible new RP server to consider (Formerly: Server suggestion: HL2RP)   Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:51 pm

Really? no one else has an opinion? come on, it's not like you get banned if you post your opinion.

HUEG BLAK DOODS
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Validtarget
Ban

PostSubject: Re: Possible new RP server to consider (Formerly: Server suggestion: HL2RP)   Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:49 pm

Jeff Belinger wrote:
it's not like you get banned if you post your opinion.
Hue Hue

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bizzclaw
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Possible new RP server to consider (Formerly: Server suggestion: HL2RP)   Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:41 am

I've got way to many things I'm working on right now between new melee weapons, tutorial system, I'm getting paid to work on a gamemode from scratch and I've been doing some coderhire jobs too. I don't have the time or patience for another RP server right now, it's more dedication than any other server and quite honestly the only roleplay server I'll probably ever be serious about is Postnuke. This probably won't be a thing, but I appreciate the idea. It's good that you'r putting your opinions out there and we value them, but it's just that despite all I can do I'm only one person. I may be an exceptional dev for gmod, but being one person can only get you so far. Stick around though, there's some things in store for the future of Frostburnt that everyone will certainty be able to look forward too, I'm not going to say to much until it's set in stone, but I'm sure everyone will be glad to hear about it when it happens. That's all I'll say for now, but just keep an eye on our forums for now. Thank you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frostburnt.com/
Jeff Belinger
Donator

PostSubject: Re: Possible new RP server to consider (Formerly: Server suggestion: HL2RP)   Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:21 pm

Bizzclaw wrote:
I've got way to many things I'm working on right now between new melee weapons, tutorial system, I'm getting paid to work on a gamemode from scratch and I've been doing some coderhire jobs too. I don't have the time or patience for another RP server right now, it's more dedication than any other server and quite honestly the only roleplay server I'll probably ever be serious about is Postnuke. This probably  won't be a thing, but I appreciate the idea. It's good that you'r putting your opinions out there and we value them, but it's just that despite all I can do I'm only one person. I may be an exceptional dev for gmod, but being one person can only get you so far. Stick around though, there's some things in store for the future of Frostburnt that everyone will certainty be able to look forward too, I'm not going to say to much until it's set in stone, but I'm sure everyone will be glad to hear about it when it happens. That's all I'll say for now, but just keep an eye on our forums for now. Thank you.

James, I think you can tell that i'm being truthful when i say that you are a saint among coders for bearing with all the shit you have to put up with and to be honest, I wasn't thinking of you specifically when i was speaking of having another server. you literally remade the PNRP nearly from scratch. If we take out all the things you added or modified on your own from the original TBU content, what is left? bones crushed in fine powder. that's what. I was thinking of maybe Alaskaboose or Bleeeeeeck, or maybe even Nightmare if he feels like it.

I can see Ameno go for a sandbox/PAC3 workshop for those learning to pac3, wanting to goof off, fix their pac or just relax with the PlayX plugin for donators.

Alaska I would see him go for Semi-Serious roleplay DarkRP (with pac3?), that is, if he doesnt have any computer issues and is fine with it.

As for Nightmare, if he has the desire to grace us with a server of his own choosing, obviously a serious RP server because we all know Nightmare is one, if not our finest RPer in the community.

Or maybe someone that I didnt mention has the time, ressources and expertise to make a new server?

HUEG BLAK DOODS
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tactical Bacon

PostSubject: Re: Possible new RP server to consider (Formerly: Server suggestion: HL2RP)   Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:36 pm

I don't really think that a bland DarkRP server would take much effort to make.
But it needs to be speeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeecial.

If Alaska makes me SOOPER DOOPER VEE I PEE ADMUN on it I guess I'll take over administrating rules or whatever since I aboosed on his Stranded server a lot. I want to aboose

Never pet a burning dog.

Feels fuckin' good to kill I guess.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jeff Belinger
Donator

PostSubject: Re: Possible new RP server to consider (Formerly: Server suggestion: HL2RP)   Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:41 am

Obviously it needs to have the "crême de la crême" of all mods. what community doesnt have a DarkRP. true that 98.67% of the DarkRPs in existence sucks and are clones of each other, we, can do better because we are obviously a superior community in terms of everything.

Also, i can see Nightmare have his fun in this. so much fun at this.

HUEG BLAK DOODS
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alaska XCIII
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: Possible new RP server to consider (Formerly: Server suggestion: HL2RP)   Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:19 am

Bekkin is always number wun sooper vee eye pee admin

Back to top Go down
Jeff Belinger
Donator

PostSubject: Re: Possible new RP server to consider (Formerly: Server suggestion: HL2RP)   Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:21 pm

Ok, but would it be a considerable to have a DarkRP. I'm ready to put some of my time into it to help out. I think you all know i'm dying to help out any way i can. If Bacon is made to own the DarkRP server, in the case we could have one and would be made owner of it, I'm ready filter through all the crap in the Gmod Workshop to find things we could use for the server.

HUEG BLAK DOODS
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mushroom
1st Forum Overlord
1st Forum Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Possible new RP server to consider (Formerly: Server suggestion: HL2RP)   Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:30 pm

Well, I think we just got a TTT...

Jeff Belinger
Donator

PostSubject: Re: Possible new RP server to consider (Formerly: Server suggestion: HL2RP)   Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:26 pm

Mushroom wrote:
Well, I think we just got a TTT...

yes, this thread was made before the TTT server was officially opened
I was not aware this was going to happen.
Timing and coincidences.

HUEG BLAK DOODS
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Possible new RP server to consider (Formerly: Server suggestion: HL2RP)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1