HomeFrostburntCalendarFAQSearchUsergroupsLog inRegisterMemberlistContent
Share | 

All hands on deck, we're docking this shipment of ideas right into Frostburnt Harbor.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: All hands on deck, we're docking this shipment of ideas right into Frostburnt Harbor.   Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:18 pm

Alright here ya go.

Some items:
Electric rod: A fuel for electrical weapons and other things, has 20 charges, can be looted or crafted from a Pulse Assembly Station [10 10 20]
Shattercore: Acquired from an Indignation, a core used in very powerful devices.
Shatterhaze core: A supercore that can fold and split space when used correctly.(Endgame item.) Crafted on a Pulse Assembly Station. [1000 750 1400, Four Shattercores, One Fusion Core, 20 electronic boards]
Jump Plates: A set of two-way teleport plates. It's one item, left click to place one of the plates and right click to place the other. [350, 700, 950, Two Shatterhaze Cores, 5 electronic boards]
|||||||||||
Races: (Choose race in character creation, race change cost is same as class change (first one is free for existing characters), each race comes with a series of player models that belong to that race like we have now, of course this can be expanded in PAC3 for anyone.
____
Humans- How they are now.

-Takes some damage from electrical attacks along with a 6 second burn.
____
Mechanical- Robots, cyborgs, andriods, all the things that go beep boop.

-Resists radstorms naturally.
-Loses 5hp per second in water from circuit failures and such.
-Takes 80% damage from regular bullets.
-Takes 120% damage from pulse shots.
-Takes 150% damage from electrical attacks along with 3 second aim disorientation.
-Uses tiny fuel tank as "food", drops commonly like food and water. Both races can inventory them, but each race can only use their own fuel supply.
-Can't wear armor, armor is replaced by the following:
-Each mechanical being has three module slots in which they may wear three of the following modules(Modules are invisible):
--Basic armor module: Some extra scrap metal slapped together, for mechanicals new to the wasteland. Crafted by engineers in the upgrades tab. [200 150 175]
--Advanced armor module: For the mechanical looking for serious protection. Built by engineers on workbench. [400 300 225, Five servos]
--Superior armor module: Bullets? Fuck'em. Axes? Fuck'em. This top of the line armor is built to last through a gamma ray burst. Alright maybe not that, but it can withstand a nice chunk of damage from all sources except fire.[50 50 50, Conglomerate armor, 5 Servos, 3 electronic boards]
--Aquatic module: This module disables the loss of damage in water. Made by scientists in the upgrades tab. [200 225 400]
--Upward Propulsion module: This module gives a megajump, allowing higher places to be reached. Constructed by scientists in the Pulse Assembly Station. (Fall damage applies, advised to only jump to higher locations.) [500 650 450, 5 servos, 5 electronic boards]
--Fall negation module: Disables fall damage using automated pulse [things] attached to your feet. Made by scientists from a Pulse Assembly Station. [250 350 300, 5 servos, 2 electronic boards, Uses 2 pulse ammo each fall that would have given damage]
--Pulse Harpoon Module: A visible shoulder turret that shoots harpoons of pulse matter extracted from pulse batteries as ammo. Each "harpoon" takes three pulse ammo and does devastating damage. Four harpoons can be fired before a reload is required. [550 400 350, 6 servos, 1 electronic board, 1 HUD projector display thing]
--Electric Harpoon Module: A visible shoulder turret that pelts your enemies with electric harpoons. Each harpoon uses a charge of the rod's contents and does devastating damage. Four harpoons can be fired before a reload is required. [550 400 350, 6 servos, 1 electronic board, 1 HUD projector display thing]
--Electromagnetic Shield Field(lel): Creates a sphere around the user that sucks up 200 electrical damage before requiring a 10 second recharge from one whole electric rod. [250 550 620, 5 electronic boards, 2 servos]
--Radar module: Only a wastelander mechanical may equip this module. Combined with the wastelander radars and a fusion core, this radar can be brought anywhere and uses it's fusion core as a power source. [400 550 600, 2 electronic boards, 1 HUD projector display (forgot the exact name)]
||||||||||
NPCs:
___
Feeble Mechanical Construct: The zombie of robots, all stats equivalent to zombies. (Drops: Servo 5%)
___
Automated Sentry Bot: Floats around using pulse tech(can't hover too high up, only enough to get over minor obstructions). Uses regular bullets in an automatic short range turret. Has a red tint. Faster than the Recon Bot. (Drops: Servo 10%, electronic board 4%, Medium Cal 10%)
___
Automated Recon Bot: Looks almost the same as the Sentry bot, uses pulse bullets in a semiautomatic medium range turret. Has a blue tint. More accurate than the Sentry Bot. (Drops: Servo 10%, Electronic Board 4%, Pulse Battery 10%)
___
Hunk'a'Junk: Slow and sturdy, this robot has 250hp and uses makeshift lightning as it's attack, firing large and unaccurate bolts of electricity at medium range. Wherever the lightning strikes, minor electrical damage is dealt as if there's an explosion radius. (Drops: Servo 10%, electric rod 10%)
___
Indignation: A special and very dangerous experiment by Conglomerate forces sent down in a seperate pod. This is the mechanical equivalent to the antlion guard and the juggernaut. This insanely strong and very smart AI is designed to search for survivors and kill them. Using a strong electrical beam as it's primary attack and rockets as a secondary attack. It's been reprogrammed to think that the survivors had caused the terrible experiments it had been put through, so this machine hates everything but it really really hates you. 500hp, long range advised. [Drops: Servo 20%, electric rod 50%, Shattercore 10% (Not shatterhaze core), electronic board 15%, Tutorial AI voice upgrade 2% hue, Beam Capacitor 4%, Electronic Multitool 5%]
|||||||||||
Weapons:
Electric Beam Gun (Name change required...): Shoots a continuous high-powered beam of electricity, sucks up dem electric rods for complete devastation of what ever is in front of you. Held like a physgun. Shoots a concentrated beam and has a very small arc/spread. Crafted on the Pulse Assembly Station. [600 850 1050, 3 servos, 6 electronic boards, 1 Shatterhaze Core, 1 Beam Capacitor]
___
Electric Shotgun: Horde of antlions have you cornered? Want to clear out those lined up street zombies in style? This gun will blast electricity in front of you with a spread of 90 whole degrees! Though the range is very short, it can save your life if you're in a tight spot. Created on the Pulse Assembly Station. [350 420 540]
___
Pulse SMG: Need a faster rate of fire than the pulse LMG can offer? This little fucker will chew through your pulse batteries as though they grow on trees. Though their speed is quick, they do more damage than the vector... damage actually worth using the gun... parts from customizable weaponry can be attached. Constructed on the Pulse Assembly Station. [240 400 300, 1 servo, 1 pulse core]
___
Flamethrower: Do I really need to explain this one? Yes? Okay... This monster will spew hellfire upon your foes at short range. Combine with the radiation suit for higher motivation to burn things. Crafted by engineers on the CNC mill. Uses gas cans as ammo. [530 300 410, 1 servo]

|=--------------------------------------------------=|

These ideas are unfinished, there SHOULD be more races, more modules, more things to add to humans to give them a few extra gadgets, more things to add to the pulse assembly station, scientist vehicles, but I'm done typing and thinking as I have been for the past two hours and I want to play gmod now. BLEH.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tactical Bacon

PostSubject: Re: All hands on deck, we're docking this shipment of ideas right into Frostburnt Harbor.   Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:02 pm

If the Indigation was in the game I would like give up... lol

Maybe we would need something like the Ion weapons from Star Wars to be more effective against robots, but would literally do nothing to humans.

Never pet a burning dog.

Feels fuckin' good to kill I guess.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: All hands on deck, we're docking this shipment of ideas right into Frostburnt Harbor.   Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:09 pm

It's been a while since I've seen the movies so I'm not sure which ones the Ion weapons are, but that's why I brought electrical weapons into the idea. The ones I've listed are only a start, if the ideas are brought into the game I'll have to pump out more weapon ideas. Electricity would burn the humans a bit, like I said up there...somewhere in that labyrinth of words...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jeff Belinger

PostSubject: Re: All hands on deck, we're docking this shipment of ideas right into Frostburnt Harbor.   Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:10 pm

im sorry 27, but...

HUEG BLAK DOODS
having good rp doesnt make one fit for staff duties, especially if said people are always playing with the same small group of people and no one else. staying in an echo chamber only makes your own words reflected back to you and whoever else is in the chamber. people applying for staff need to not only know the staff, but also how the playerbase can react to interactions between itself, the general staff base and the applicant
Back to top Go down
View user profile
:F|F: Arisen Demon
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: All hands on deck, we're docking this shipment of ideas right into Frostburnt Harbor.   Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:02 am

How I felt after reading about the Indignation:

View user profile
Bizzclaw
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: All hands on deck, we're docking this shipment of ideas right into Frostburnt Harbor.   Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:34 am

I do want to add more weapons and more conglomerate enemies, I've already started that by bringing back the combine guard (I think I'm going to re-code it though since it's somewhat tarded) I was also thinking of adding more weapons that are energy based, but... this stuff - your suggestions, are outside of my scope. Albeit I could probably figure out how to code it, but getting it to save to the database properly and getting models/animations and spending the amount of time on this.. well I don't have time to do it xD cool ideas though, maybe I'll use some of these in the far future. Maybe.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frostburnt.com/
Alaska XCIII
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

PostSubject: Re: All hands on deck, we're docking this shipment of ideas right into Frostburnt Harbor.   Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:34 am

I actually know of an electric shotgun that can be used.

Some of these ideas can be used (although they will differ from 27's post).
I'll make a list of the possible things and put them in a post in a few minutes.

PostSubject: Re: All hands on deck, we're docking this shipment of ideas right into Frostburnt Harbor.   Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:41 am

Alaska XCIII wrote:
I actually know of an electric shotgun that can be used.

Some of these ideas can be used (although they will differ from 27's post).
I'll make a list of the possible things and put them in a post in a few minutes.

The only thing that I didn't think of myself was the laser beam gun thing, which I saw in that Meta construct 1 server in the weapons tab. Not sure which one it is, I can't join that server anymore because of a "bad nickname".

That and the flamethrower, which is a common idea and is probably lost in the suggestions a few times. Thanks for considering some of them though!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bizzclaw
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: All hands on deck, we're docking this shipment of ideas right into Frostburnt Harbor.   Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:51 am

I actually want to add that weapons. It shoots a green laser right?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frostburnt.com/

PostSubject: Re: All hands on deck, we're docking this shipment of ideas right into Frostburnt Harbor.   Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:20 pm

Bizzclaw wrote:
I actually want to add that weapons. It shoots a green laser right?

I forgot, it may have. All I remember was that it was one hell of a laser... and went vVRR-BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR or something. Let's just make it simple and agree that we're talking about the same laser.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alaska XCIII
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

PostSubject: Re: All hands on deck, we're docking this shipment of ideas right into Frostburnt Harbor.   Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:20 pm

Here we go, the list of usable objects are as follows:

The Electromagnetic Shell-less Slugless Shotgun (or the EM-S3)
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=118997834&searchtext=
It literally is just a shotgun that has wires coming out of it that launches pure energy particles. It's pretty badass.

SuperSolenoid Rivet Gun (Not a fan of the name on this one)
It's a semi-automatic rifle that launches superheated rivets. Not too powerful, but not underpowered either. Insanely accurate, definitely a marksman's rifle.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=116617075&searchtext=

I know there's only two things on the list, I'll update it later when I find what I was looking for.

Ban

PostSubject: Re: All hands on deck, we're docking this shipment of ideas right into Frostburnt Harbor.   Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:12 pm

Alaska XCIII wrote:

SuperSolenoid Rivet Gun (Not a fan of the name on this one)
It's a semi-automatic rifle that launches superheated rivets. Not too powerful, but not underpowered either. Insanely accurate, definitely a marksman's rifle.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=116617075&searchtext=

Time to go all Bioshock in dis beech

When I see this if I try to join the server, it comes as a relief to me. Relief of not being afraid of being framed for tons of shit I didn't do. Relief for not being afraid of messing up a rule. Relief for not having to deal with the admins of Frostburnt. And relief to go to a server where my shots kill stuff, people don't hate me for no reason, and where I can do whatever I want and be treated like a normal person, not a rat held under a microscope under so much pressure to not mess up.

User has been permanatly banned from these forums for the reason "Doesn't want to be here" by Bizzclaw - Honestly I should of banned you a long time ago. And you say you're tired of being treated like "A rat under a microscope"? Sorry, but you've duped, exploited and RDM'd. What did you expect?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jeff Belinger

PostSubject: Re: All hands on deck, we're docking this shipment of ideas right into Frostburnt Harbor.   Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:06 pm

Tried the weapons, god they are nice, but strong as fuck.

The shotgun in particular has a huge range and really tight spread.

The rivet gun has huge magazine capacity and fires way fast

HUEG BLAK DOODS
having good rp doesnt make one fit for staff duties, especially if said people are always playing with the same small group of people and no one else. staying in an echo chamber only makes your own words reflected back to you and whoever else is in the chamber. people applying for staff need to not only know the staff, but also how the playerbase can react to interactions between itself, the general staff base and the applicant
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alaska XCIII
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

PostSubject: Re: All hands on deck, we're docking this shipment of ideas right into Frostburnt Harbor.   Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:33 pm

We can edit all of that stuff

PostSubject: Re: All hands on deck, we're docking this shipment of ideas right into Frostburnt Harbor.   Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:21 pm

Laser weponz? lectric weponz? Pulse slugs? big ol rivet guns? its like a WHOOOOOOLLLEEE NEEEWWW GAAAME!

117'th Legion Remnant

99% Caustic Chloride Mustard Gas Toxic 24/7
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: All hands on deck, we're docking this shipment of ideas right into Frostburnt Harbor.   Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:13 pm

StormySunrise wrote:
Laser weponz? lectric weponz? Pulse slugs? big ol rivet guns? its like a WHOOOOOOLLLEEE NEEEWWW GAAAME!

Change must occur at some point for all things.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

All hands on deck, we're docking this shipment of ideas right into Frostburnt Harbor.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1