Share | 

Changes.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bizzclaw
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Changes.    Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:10 pm

So after I set up the TTT server and played on it, I noticed something... Now like Postnuke, TTT is using using Customizable weaponry. Now before I put CSTM on TTT I played on it and it ran fine, but now after adding it I noticed something - the same kind of bad FPS we get on Postnuke. Now granted, it's not as bad considering TTT maps are smaller and there's less entities and things going on in TTT, but the frame-rate reduction was certainly noticeable.

So now I feel it's time for some change, I don't know about you guys, but I'm tired of getting low FPS on Postnuke, so we're going to stop using customizable weaponry I did a vote a long time ago about whether or not we should switch to FAS-2.0 Weapons and it won, now I said that we'd probably not sue it for a good amount of time. That time has come.

Below is the current table of conversions because a lot of the current weapons in postnuke need to be replaced, let me know what you guys think of these conversions

G36A1 ------------ G36C (5.56x45MM)
UMP45------------ Sako RK-95(7.62x39MM)
TDI VECTOR------- MP5K(9x19MM)
Desert Eagle------- Desert Eagle(.44)
SIG 550------------SG 550(5.56x45MM)
SIG 552------------SG 552(5.56x45MM)
XM8 ---------------IMI Galil(5.56x45MM)
XM1014------------Refunded into Remington870(12Guage)
M3-----------------Remington870(12Guage)
Spas12-------------KS-23(12Guage)
Saiga---------------Refunded into KS-23
MP5K---------------MP5A5(9x19MM)
Famas--------------Famas(5.56x45MM)
M249---------------M249(5.56x45MM)
M60----------------M60(7.62x51MM)
P228---------------P226(9x19MM)
M14EBR------------M14(7.62x51MM)
M98B--------------M85(.50BMG)
Glock18------------OTS-33(9x19MM)
FiveSeven---------Glock20(9x19MM) - (not fully auto)
Mac10-------------Mac11(.45ACP)
DualElites----------Refunded to Ots33
L1A1--------------SKS(7.62x39MM)
G3A3-------------G3A3(7.62x51MM)
BIZON------------Bizon(9x19MM)
M1911------------M1911(.45ACP)
626---------------Raging Bull(.44)
AWP--------------m24(7.62x51MM)
M4----------------M4(5.56x45MM)
------------------Toz24(12Guage)

EDIT:
We'll also be using a new more realistic ammo system with calibers, current conversions include

Medium Cal(smg1) ---->5.56x45MM
High Cal(357) ----------->7.62x51MM
Low Cal(pistol)----------->9x19MM
Buckshot---------------->12G
------------------------->7.62x39MM
------------------------->.44
------------------------->.50AE
------------------------->.50BMG
------------------------->23x75MMR
Pulse Ammo (No Change)
40MMHE (No Change)

Ones in "no change" Means that I'm going to use the same model from our current pack, but on the new FAS base. However, this means no attachments. No change to the pulse weaponry as well.

What do you guys think of this?

Current Progress (Will Be Updated with more work)
Workload Key
! = Alot of Effort
#=Medium Effort
>=No Effort really needed
<=Not much effort, but tedious to do.

Unfinished:
-Replace Attachments - <
-Replace Ammo - <
-Replace Weapons - <
-Make Attachments save (May Happen Later) - !
-Fix issue with non drawing view model when the weapon is empty - !
-Set up download - >
^About this issue I may have some issues with it because it's an issue with FA:S-2.0 Weapons themselves, I tried to find out hat it was by talking to spy, but...
Code:

12:19 PM - :F|F: Bizzclaw: Are you not supposed to be able t switch to he weapon if you have no ammunition in the reserve or magazine?
12:19 PM - Spy: fuck if I know
12:19 PM - Spy: stop asking
Gunna have to fix this myself xD

-Create refund items for unused items (some weapons and attachments) >

Finished:
-Redo the Ammo saving system to allow custom ammo types - !
-Re Add weapon bashing - !
-Fix up the UI - #
-Stance changes for ADS/HIP - #
-Found working World models for weapons - #

Last edited by Bizzclaw on Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:08 pm; edited 14 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frostburnt.com/ Online
Tactical Bacon

PostSubject: Re: Changes.    Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:22 pm

This is going to be changed to the FA:S weapons, correct?

Never pet a burning dog.

Feels fuckin' good to kill I guess.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
[Sea]Rice RP

PostSubject: Re: Changes.    Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:28 pm

Woot!, I've been waiting for this change. What will happen to the guns that are in our inventory that are not part of the FA:S Weapon Pack?

View user profile
Bizzclaw
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Changes.    Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:12 pm

Tactical Bacon wrote:
Tactical Bacon wrote:

This is going to be changed to the FA:S weapons, correct?
Yeah, sorry I forgot to make that more clear, I updated the post to reflect that.

Rice RP wrote:

Woot!, I've been waiting for this change. What will happen to the guns that are in our inventory that are not part of the FA:S Weapon Pack?
The table above shows what your weapons will be converted into.

Oh and one more thing, I've been able to make the weapon bashing from Customizable weaponry and integrate it in to FAS! Yay weapon bashing Very Happy

EDIT:
With this update ammo in magazines will no longer be lost on map changes/restarts/crashes, it will empty in to your reserve.

Last issue I have is the weapon view models don't show up if you have 0 ammo in the mag and reserve, trying to figure it out now.

BUMP: I've changed the description to show the ammo types weapons will use and what my current progress is on this.
Back to top Go down
Validtarget
Ban

PostSubject: Re: Changes.    Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:21 pm

Ima rock the OTS-33 Pernach like it's nobody's buisness.

When I see this if I try to join the server, it comes as a relief to me. Relief of not being afraid of being framed for tons of shit I didn't do. Relief for not being afraid of messing up a rule. Relief for not having to deal with the admins of Frostburnt. And relief to go to a server where my shots kill stuff, people don't hate me for no reason, and where I can do whatever I want and be treated like a normal person, not a rat held under a microscope under so much pressure to not mess up.

User has been permanatly banned from these forums for the reason "Doesn't want to be here" by Bizzclaw - Honestly I should of banned you a long time ago. And you say you're tired of being treated like "A rat under a microscope"? Sorry, but you've duped, exploited and RDM'd. What did you expect?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tactical Bacon

PostSubject: Re: Changes.    Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:24 pm

Dude the AK47...
My baby

Never pet a burning dog.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jeff Belinger

PostSubject: Re: Changes.    Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:54 pm

dat SKS gonna be my new hunting rifle, this weapons IS using clips Bacon, its using actual clips!!!!

HUEG BLAK DOODS
having good rp doesnt make one fit for staff duties, especially if said people are always playing with the same small group of people and no one else. staying in an echo chamber only makes your own words reflected back to you and whoever else is in the chamber. people applying for staff need to not only know the staff, but also how the playerbase can react to interactions between itself, the general staff base and the applicant
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Validtarget
Ban

PostSubject: Re: Changes.    Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:52 am

But dat shiety dmg doe

When I see this if I try to join the server, it comes as a relief to me. Relief of not being afraid of being framed for tons of shit I didn't do. Relief for not being afraid of messing up a rule. Relief for not having to deal with the admins of Frostburnt. And relief to go to a server where my shots kill stuff, people don't hate me for no reason, and where I can do whatever I want and be treated like a normal person, not a rat held under a microscope under so much pressure to not mess up.

User has been permanatly banned from these forums for the reason "Doesn't want to be here" by Bizzclaw - Honestly I should of banned you a long time ago. And you say you're tired of being treated like "A rat under a microscope"? Sorry, but you've duped, exploited and RDM'd. What did you expect?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Malcom

PostSubject: Re: Changes.    Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:12 am

some of ammos will be waste i guess

Sakuya dance
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jeff Belinger

PostSubject: Re: Changes.    Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:14 am

Validtarget wrote:
But dat shiety dmg doe
HUNTING rifle, not assault rifle mind you. i would use that as a varmint gun most likely, so if i were to shoot you with it, you know you're just pestering me

HUEG BLAK DOODS
having good rp doesnt make one fit for staff duties, especially if said people are always playing with the same small group of people and no one else. staying in an echo chamber only makes your own words reflected back to you and whoever else is in the chamber. people applying for staff need to not only know the staff, but also how the playerbase can react to interactions between itself, the general staff base and the applicant
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tactical Bacon

PostSubject: Re: Changes.    Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:08 am

34 damage is good enough for a marksmen rifle. Just learn how to get headshots and you'll be more effective than me with a AK47.

Never pet a burning dog.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jeff Belinger

PostSubject: Re: Changes.    Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:53 am

Tactical Bacon wrote:
34 damage is good enough for a marksmen rifle. Just learn how to get headshots and you'll be more effective than me with a AK47.
I am more of a marksman than i am an infantryman. I was pretty decent with the AWP when i was part of the Trojan Republic's recon team 1.

HUEG BLAK DOODS
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Validtarget
Ban

PostSubject: Re: Changes.    Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:27 pm

Jeff Belinger wrote:
Validtarget wrote:
But dat shiety dmg doe
i would use that as a varmint gun most likely, so if i were to shoot you with it, you know you're just pestering me
Well I guess I know what Im getting shot with alot

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Malcom

PostSubject: Re: Changes.    Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:46 pm

im awating for the gun stats rebalance

Sakuya dance
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bizzclaw
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Changes.    Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:04 pm

if you have any recommendations about what the damage should be for the weapons, go ahead and say so.

Edited the weapons by the way, can't keep as many as I thought we could since the View models are reveres and FAS's view model system is unique and doesn't support flipped view models. go ahead and see what's being refunded.

EDIT:
New vector replacement
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Validtarget
Ban

PostSubject: Re: Changes.    Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:48 pm

As long as my Pernach remains I can do with anything.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Malcom

PostSubject: Re: Changes.    Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:14 am

what i want is just differ from the differ one
damage, RPM, accuracy, recoil etc

i like that vector replacement

Sakuya dance
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tactical Bacon

PostSubject: Re: Changes.    Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:43 am

Yeah, the recoils pretty light and the spreads kinda stupid for all the weapons, it makes machine guns practically useless at longer ranges. But Jamz will probably edit them.

Never pet a burning dog.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Malcom

PostSubject: Re: Changes.    Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:15 am

i meant
weapons need to have different recoil and damage each of them

about the machinegun
i recommande you to use attachment

Sakuya dance
Back to top Go down