HomeFrostburntCalendarFAQSearchUsergroupsLog inRegisterMemberlistContent
Share | 

Connection always times out

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Neil K

PostSubject: Connection always times out   Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:33 pm

Whenever I attempt to join now it's frozen on "Retrieving server info..." for about 5 minutes and it then goes to getting the workshop addons, frozen. I have all the frostburnt content on the workshop, and I've connected to the server before, dont think I haven't. Any idea how to fix this?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Raditicus

PostSubject: Re: Connection always times out   Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:40 pm

No idea, but people are working on it. I have the same issue.

View user profile
Bizzclaw
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Connection always times out   Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:39 am

This is an annoying issue, it only sporadically effects a few people and It's very difficult to fix this since we've practically hit the non workshop file download limit and the issue is caused by failure in acquiring files from the steam workshop, which we use to extend that limit. I may attempt to organize workshop files in the future, but I fear it won't make much of a difference. I'm very sorry that I'm not able to assist you guys, but this issue is an issue with garrysmod and the steam servers in regards to file transfers. I couldn't fix it, even if I knew how too.

If I ever find out a way to fix it by finding enough room to pack the content into a non workshop form, thus allowing me  to remove the issue that causes this for some people I'll get in contact with you all and let you know.

and yes I may have copied and pasted this from James King's "My Story" Thread. I may move this issue up on priorities because this is getting ridiculous, I've already been going through the content recently and removing things we don't need, but it's really annoying getting content in order.

I'll let all of you know if I find a way to get around this, but until then keep trying to connect to the server and give me some details about what's been causing it.

EDIT:
I think I have an idea, going to swap out the SIN NPCs and the vehicles, the SIN NPCS are smaller in file size but have the same number of files as the vehicles, if I remove the SIN NPCs from the fast download and replace them with the vehicles, I'll be able to take the vehicles off of the workshop which is what I'm fairly certain is what's causing this issue. Once the change is applied I'll let you all know and you can try connecting again. Thank you for your patience.

EDIT: Try Connecting now
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frostburnt.com/

Connection always times out
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1