Share | 

rp_pripyat Finally released (Download)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bizzclaw
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: rp_pripyat Finally released (Download)   Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:47 pm

As some of you may or may not already know, rp_pripyat has been released and it is our new default map. The map is breathtaking and perfectly captures what he server is meant to feel like, and I still haven't gotten the hang of the map despite building the NPC spawns for it.
We have Pak Ratted the map and got it all ready to go for postnuke, you'll downlaod it off the server or from here if that's taking a bit of time.

Spoiler:

Normally we don't make such a big deal about maps, but this map is amazing and I've been waiting for it for a long time, I hope you guys find it just as appealing as i do.  

Download Map
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ie3d3pldvzhyxac/rp_pripyat_p.rar

Extract the rp_pripyat_p.bsp file to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\GarrysMod\garrysmod\maps

Gallery:
Spoiler:

Map was made by Dave-Brown from the TacoNBanana RolePlay Community. Thanks Dave!

Last edited by Bizzclaw on Thu May 15, 2014 3:26 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frostburnt.com/
Jeff Belinger

PostSubject: Re: rp_pripyat Finally released (Download)   Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:17 am

Very solid and awesome map. It honestly fills the bill for everything I want in a map:
-Large and expansive surface with lots to explore
-A spawn area that's actually usable as an amazing trade hub
-water sources in interesting places
-Lots of buildings to make bases with
-great ressources spawn emplacements

And people wanted to change the map last night because we were on it for more than 3 hours. People don't know a good map when it hits them in the face

HUEG BLAK DOODS
having good rp doesnt make one fit for staff duties, especially if said people are always playing with the same small group of people and no one else. staying in an echo chamber only makes your own words reflected back to you and whoever else is in the chamber. people applying for staff need to not only know the staff, but also how the playerbase can react to interactions between itself, the general staff base and the applicant
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bizzclaw
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: rp_pripyat Finally released (Download)   Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:19 am

we've made the resource count extremely high on this map but I think it works well considering well I think considering it's still fairly difficult to find resources, but not hard enough to the point where people whine about a map change.

People just want to change the map because they still prefer a map where they can get better resources because they can see them across the map. I think it's sick honestly and people need to understand that it's not mean to be a cakewalk, it's meant to be an interactive breathing and living wasteland. The players think they're the enter of the world but I'm going to try and change that.

We're adding a lot of new monster to the wasteland and they're getting more and more complex by the hour. right now I'm working on a system for them to be "hungry" and when they attack and kill another NPC it replenishes their hunger. If they encounter a player with high hunger they'll look at them and look threatening (Scorpions will snap their claws, Dogs will growl), only attacking if the player gets too close or attacks it. If the npc is hungry however, they will target the player when they notice them. It sounds complex but it's actually really easy... all I have to do is make the NPCs attack and interact with each other..
Back to top Go down
Validtarget
Ban

PostSubject: Re: rp_pripyat Finally released (Download)   Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:55 pm

Ahhhhh that map looks baller.

When I see this if I try to join the server, it comes as a relief to me. Relief of not being afraid of being framed for tons of shit I didn't do. Relief for not being afraid of messing up a rule. Relief for not having to deal with the admins of Frostburnt. And relief to go to a server where my shots kill stuff, people don't hate me for no reason, and where I can do whatever I want and be treated like a normal person, not a rat held under a microscope under so much pressure to not mess up.

User has been permanatly banned from these forums for the reason "Doesn't want to be here" by Bizzclaw - Honestly I should of banned you a long time ago. And you say you're tired of being treated like "A rat under a microscope"? Sorry, but you've duped, exploited and RDM'd. What did you expect?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tactical Bacon

PostSubject: Re: rp_pripyat Finally released (Download)   Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:32 pm

I wonder if you were to equip juggernaut armor or travel in groups it could possibly scare said doges or radscorpions away, even if they're pretty hungry. Would kinda thin out the rambos of the wasteland if the doges/radscorpions are dangerous enough.

Never pet a burning dog.

Feels fuckin' good to kill I guess.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bizzclaw
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: rp_pripyat Finally released (Download)   Tue May 13, 2014 1:51 pm

Back to top Go down

rp_pripyat Finally released (Download)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1