HomeFrostburntCalendarFAQSearchUsergroupsLog inRegisterMemberlistContent
Share | 

The State of Alaska (Oh, puns.)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Alaska XCIII
Retiree

PostSubject: The State of Alaska (Oh, puns.)   Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:41 pm

As I'm sure some of you are aware, I have been anxious to move out of my house for quite some time. My parents are incredibly strict and insist on regulating everything I do (even though I'm 20, mind you). I haven't been on the teamspeak in 3 or so days, and within that time I have landed the job I've been trying to get for over a week now, and have found a prospective apartment to move into where rent will be roughly $140 a month, and I won't be paying utilities. The only downside (for the server) in this situation is that I will be sharing this apartment with 3 of my friends and working full time, meaning I will not be on the teamspeak as much as I could be otherwise.

I'm not going to leave the Foundation, but I do think this is something that I need to do, and if it means I can't co-own or admin on the server, then so be it. Hopefully you guys understand.

I'll still try to get on the server as much as possible, and I'll still play Killing Floor and Counter Strike and things like that with you guys, I just won't be available nearly as much as I have been.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://steamcommunity.com/id/AlaskaXCIII
Mushroom
1st Forum Overlord
1st Forum Overlord

PostSubject: Re: The State of Alaska (Oh, puns.)   Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:54 pm

Good luck in your new life Alaska! Also great choice living with friends, that usually works better for everyone.

StormySunrise

PostSubject: Re: The State of Alaska (Oh, puns.)   Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:11 pm

Good man. moving up in life.

117'th Legion Remnant

99% Caustic Chloride Mustard Gas Toxic 24/7
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alaska XCIII
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: The State of Alaska (Oh, puns.)   Wed May 07, 2014 1:24 am

So, as I expressed to a few of you earlier tonight, I am turning in my adminship.
I can't do it any longer, nor do I wish to.

I'm just too old to be on a community of kids that are anywhere from 3 to 10 years younger than I am. I'm too old to spend all day playing on the computer. I'm too old to break up fights between kids.
I'm too busy to be on here 24/7 like I used to be. I have a job, I'm about to move in to my new apartment, and I'm just trying to make my early 20's memorable. I don't want to remember my young adulthood as one that was spent on the computer in a dark room by myself, day in and day out.

I've been contemplating doing this for a few months now, and it's about time I actually do something I said I'm going to do.

I'm no longer responsible for the PostNuke, or anyone in the Frostburnt Community.

It's been really fun this past year and a half, it really has. Working my way up the ranks from the bottom was a challenging task, and one that I was pretty proud of. Frostburnt's PostNukeRP server was one of the very first Garry's Mod servers I ever played. I had only owned GMod for a month or so when I first played here. I didn't even have a mic at first. I've had tons of fun and made some friends and a lot of memories, but it's time for me to stop.
Think of it as retirement. I'm just going to get on the Teamspeak occasionally and play things like Counter Strike, Smite, and Civ V, but that's it. Strictly casual gaming for me from now on.

Thank for understanding.

~ Alaska XCIII, (former) Co-Owner of Frostburnt Foundation

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://steamcommunity.com/id/AlaskaXCIII
Patrick McPatterson

PostSubject: Re: The State of Alaska (Oh, puns.)   Wed May 07, 2014 2:34 pm

Just want to say I love you bro. Good luck in whatever you are doing and I hope to talk to you soon. You have been a constant source of fun and shenanigans in my life for the last year or so and have become a great friend of mine. I cherished every minute of it.

Godspeed you magnificent bastard:

Validtarget
Ban

PostSubject: Re: The State of Alaska (Oh, puns.)   Wed May 07, 2014 3:27 pm

Never again am I clicking what Patty puts in a spoiler,

When I see this if I try to join the server, it comes as a relief to me. Relief of not being afraid of being framed for tons of shit I didn't do. Relief for not being afraid of messing up a rule. Relief for not having to deal with the admins of Frostburnt. And relief to go to a server where my shots kill stuff, people don't hate me for no reason, and where I can do whatever I want and be treated like a normal person, not a rat held under a microscope under so much pressure to not mess up.

User has been permanatly banned from these forums for the reason "Doesn't want to be here" by Bizzclaw - Honestly I should of banned you a long time ago. And you say you're tired of being treated like "A rat under a microscope"? Sorry, but you've duped, exploited and RDM'd. What did you expect?
Back to top Go down
View user profile

The State of Alaska (Oh, puns.)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1