HomeFrostburntCalendarFAQSearchUsergroupsLog inRegisterMemberlistContent
Share | 

[Denied] Jeff Belinger's Mod Application

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jeff Belinger

PostSubject: [Denied] Jeff Belinger's Mod Application   Fri May 09, 2014 1:32 am

In-game Name: Jeff Belinger

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:9204571

Have you donated: I have donated over 100$+ to this server.

Where are you from/time zone:

How long have you played: since mid July 2013

How did you hear about FF: Server hopping

How old are you: 21

Do you have a microphone: Yes

Do you know any of our Moderators/Admins: The list is long,

Have you played on any of our other servers: I have played a bit on the TTT server when it was populated and played a bit on the Minecraft server, the new one Aesop owns

Why you wish to be Moderator: I wish to contribute. All of the staff knows that I have a burning passion for the community. I wish to make up for my recent actions and words. I have seen many of my friends become moderator and even admins and it saddens I cant climb the ladder as they do, it irritates me, it makes me feel useless, valueless and weightless, giving me a feeling of inferiority when I have to look up from down below my friends, makes me feel small. You all know me, I'm as serious a player as can be, I love to roleplay given the chance to do so and am on very often. With all my good sides comes my very obvious bad sides.

I don't take it well when others sling crap at my friends or my own work. I don't mind constructive criticism, hell, its what I did when I first joined the server and its exactly what it is: constructive. I have a very hard time when people complain by saying "its crap" or "too hard" or "it sucks". Sure, ok, but I'd like to take down some notes on what exactly is wrong and how we could improve on that. This is where I get angry, because some people can't back their reasoning behind why X sucks.

I have had a talk with some folks and I've learned my lesson, as much as it irrates me others can still employ some words without impunity. If I'm not given the chance to learn, i won't EVER be able to learn. I want to learn how not to take affronts to the server as badly as I currently do. I want to learn how I can turn from That Guy in the corner being hostile to new players to This Guy who's helpful and knows his way around both the game mode, rules, regulars and staff. I've brought great monetary contribution to this server, but I think it's time for my to get into the dirty work.

What can you offer for us as an Moderator: I can offer the server Time, Will, Passion, Faith and Loyalty and the Desire to Learn. This is what I can offer as an individual, Also, I can serve a dual purpose for players who speak French as it is my first language. This means I can deal with a small part of North America who speaks primarily french and a small part of the European players.

Anything else you want to add: I want to make up for my recent mistakes. Allow me to make amends and fix my faux-pas. All I desire is to give back onto the community who gave me several hundreds of hours of entertainment.

HUEG BLAK DOODS
having good rp doesnt make one fit for staff duties, especially if said people are always playing with the same small group of people and no one else. staying in an echo chamber only makes your own words reflected back to you and whoever else is in the chamber. people applying for staff need to not only know the staff, but also how the playerbase can react to interactions between itself, the general staff base and the applicant
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mushroom
1st Forum Overlord
1st Forum Overlord

PostSubject: Re: [Denied] Jeff Belinger's Mod Application   Fri May 09, 2014 12:55 pm

I'm going to let some people post on this to see what they think, However your chances are very low so don't get your hopes up.

You do alot for the server and we appreciate that, but your passion is a bit to much for people to handle. More then a few players have problems with you and even some of the staff, well at least the old staff. Also, you already had an app that was denied. I'll see what people say but just remember that this is almost differently no. But who knows.

Jeff Belinger

PostSubject: Re: [Denied] Jeff Belinger's Mod Application   Fri May 09, 2014 2:07 pm

look, that old app is exactly what it is: old.
Also, I have invested a lot into you guys, why cant you guys invest a bit in me.

All I ask is to be given a chance to make amends.

its honestly that or I will have to leave and burn all ties to all my friends on a permanent basis because I cant stand being belittled and taken as inferior anymore.

if you cant give back onto me what I have given onto you folks, You wouldn't have been worth calling you "friends", because you obviously arent

HUEG BLAK DOODS
having good rp doesnt make one fit for staff duties, especially if said people are always playing with the same small group of people and no one else. staying in an echo chamber only makes your own words reflected back to you and whoever else is in the chamber. people applying for staff need to not only know the staff, but also how the playerbase can react to interactions between itself, the general staff base and the applicant
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ice Frost

PostSubject: Re: [Denied] Jeff Belinger's Mod Application   Fri May 09, 2014 2:08 pm

I think he should be given a chance. +1
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FUBAR PAYTON
The one who went out with a bang

PostSubject: Re: [Denied] Jeff Belinger's Mod Application   Fri May 09, 2014 2:18 pm

Nah -1

PostSubject: Re: [Denied] Jeff Belinger's Mod Application   Fri May 09, 2014 2:35 pm

Jeff Belinger wrote:
look, that old app is exactly what it is: old.
Also, I have invested a lot into you guys, why cant you guys invest a bit in me.

All I ask is to be given a chance to make amends.

its honestly that or I will have to leave and burn all ties to all my friends on a permanent basis because I cant stand being belittled and taken as inferior anymore.

if you cant give back onto me what I have given onto you folks, You wouldn't have been worth calling you "friends", because you obviously arent
You're really going to say that after all of the chances that you're been given?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mushroom
1st Forum Overlord
1st Forum Overlord

PostSubject: Re: [Denied] Jeff Belinger's Mod Application   Fri May 09, 2014 2:42 pm

Jeff Belinger wrote:

We don't see other players as little or inferior, that's one of our jobs as staff, we look at our players with the same respect as our admins. If you see yourself a inferior just because you are not a staff member, then when you are a staff you will look at normal players as inferior. As Alaska once said.

Alaska wrote:
Poor attitudes make poor moderators.

Jeff, feel free to stay but you are not staff material.

[Denied/Locked]

[Denied] Jeff Belinger's Mod Application
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1