HomeFrostburntCalendarFAQSearchUsergroupsLog inRegisterMemberlistContent
Share | 

[Accepted]Moderator Application (Shinoda)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
jsshinoda

PostSubject: [Accepted]Moderator Application (Shinoda)   Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:33 pm

Bear in mind I am doing my format differently, as I do not want to 'follow the herd' or be a sheeple, I want to do a resume design of my own, because that's what an application is. I will also make my resume short and sweet, I don't want to bore you nor do I enjoy going on about myself over excessively

Name: Johnathan S. Shinoda
Username: jsshinoda (whiteclaw)
Roleplaying name: Shinoda

Amount of time played on the server: I am unsure, I've been on the server on and off, but I know I've been around for a good deal of time

What I like to do and who I am:
I am merely just an ordinary guy who enjoys helping people, I like doing nice things, drawing, I will admin I show off a bit, and I also enjoy spending time with my girlfriend, a lot. One of the things I mostly do on FrostBurnt Postnuke RP is helping people, no matter what. If you are a man (or woman, transgender, hermaphrodite, unicorn, I don't discriminate) of good heart, I will not stand aside idly and do nothing, I will do my best to help you in your time of needs with the limited resources I have. I also enjoy games a lot as you can tell. I also enjoy giving speeches, spreading my ideals of world tolerance (not peace, there is a difference) and just my opinions on situations.

Pros and Cons:
I will be very modest about myself, as I do not enjoy lying nor do I like to do anything dishonorable or disrespectful. The pros of me are I enjoy helping people, I am very patient with people if I am prepared, if something happens very suddenly I will admit I curse and I give quite a reaction to sudden events. I like helping, doing my best to deal with a situation and I am very literate with my words. I can design logos, so far mine are simple but if I was given time I know I can do better. I am also creative, love giving ideas, and I also help teach players the basics to the game along the way. I also like helping people in every way, I have given people makeshift forms of therapy where I would just simply talk to them, give them someone to anchor to, and give my opinions or advice which they can follow if they want. My cons are I do curse and get angered, I don't handle people who are assholes very well, I am strict when it comes to banning or dealing with rulebreakers as I believe if you agree to the rules, then you should follow them or you shouldn't have joined the server anyways. I am more understandable with those who harmlessly break rules as some people are unable to have the time to read it all, but I am ruthless when it comes to those breaking rules that can harm others. People come first before me, I simply do not wage war or do things for myself if it puts others in harms way, especially when they never ask for it.

I do have a mic but I usually have everything on mute because most of my family members are sleeping most of the time and I'm not a quiet person. My headphones are usually broken, I will notify people if I am able to use them and I plan on getting a new pair as soon as possible. I hope this does not deter my chances of becoming a moderator

Me and Roleplaying:
I... do not enjoy hardcore roleplay, I will admit I do roleplay every now and then but it'd be something not so big. Like I'd be reading a book while sitting in front of someone's house and guarding it, I'll threaten and shoot someone if they are making threats about my friend being part of some random faction, but I don't enjoy pretending, like pretending to carry someone upstairs. I like to still play the game, while actually doing something in physical yet virtual actions. I do roleplay and if needed be I will actually roleplay.

My Feats:
I know that I have to show something to prove I am of a worthy person to become moderator, so...
-I am a current co-owner of ToshiroZRP, I can show you later on.
-I am used to be a head admin for a minecraft server way back when called Legendary PVP but I will admit it's not that much of a feat.
-I have helped and attempted to give people therapy if that makes sense, I simply talk to them, giving them someone they can rely on without giving secrets. I will admit I am not an actual therapist so I can only do so much but I am not that bad when it comes to talking with people in need.
-I am always calm and optimistic along with being patient, most of the time. I have been angered easily from time to time but like I said, usually from moments so sudden that I couldn't have been prepared for it.

What would I do if I was moderator:
I'd do what every moderator should do, I'd moderate, work, clean up RDMers and rule breakers. Would I be on often? Yes, unless I say otherwise.

Why do I want to be a moderator if I am already a co-owner:
It's merely because when I come onto this server, I enjoy coming here for a break, but also there are moments where I wish I could help others. Where I wish I could ban that RDMer or kick someone breaking the rules, yet sometimes people aren't around. Besides with more people to help at hand, it'll give others the ability to have breaks.

People who can vouch for me:
I've known situations where whoever is reading this, you may not know me, but others do. Staff members I've come in contact whether: Duncan, Chess, 'Poet' (the girl with no name), Yuno (Grace), Bizzclaw, Vano (Alexi), Rebecca, and Bacon. Also, Bizzclaw if you are reading this I am sorry for all of the bothering issues I've bothered you with and irritated you with.

What is RDM, NLR, Prop Abuse, etc.:
I will say all the ones I do know about.
Prop Climbing, Killing, blocking, and minging: Climbing is using the props to make pathways up to an open window in another person's base, placing props on a base that isn't yours. Killing is using a prop to basically kill someone, which is unrealistic and shouldn't be allowed what so ever. Blocking, using a prop to block someone's pathway or barricading them inside a building or blocking them out allowing no way inside. Minging, I have never been sure of but I always believed its the use of a phsygun to throw a prop, which from what I have seen is through a hack or a bind.
RDM: Random DeathMatch, in which you kill someone for no apparent VIABLE reason, 'wanting their stuff' isn't a viable reason while 'they took my stuff' is.
NLR: I am pretty sure this is on the server, it means New Life Rule, where you can't remember anything from your previous life. So you can't just kill the man who murdered you because realistically you shouldn't be able to remember things from your previous life.
Meta: Telling inside game stuff on OOC, or using that information to your benefits inside game.

I want you to understand that I am not being lazy, I am merely just making it less boring, I have read and checked applications before and I know how stolid of an activity it can be. So instead if there is anything I can tell you, please add me on steam and message me, I will get to you as soon as I can. I will be honest about what I say too, you may not be able to believe this but I will be honest about everything I say. If you do not accept my application I understand, I just thought it'd be nice if I had the ability to help people even more.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jsshinoda

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted]Moderator Application (Shinoda)   Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:38 pm

I am so sorry, I just realized I did more than most, sorry you'd have to read so much. You can just skip over most of it if you want.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Patrick McPatterson

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted]Moderator Application (Shinoda)   Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:42 pm

I agree about hating to pretend and do all that weird shit in RP, I really don't hardcore RP either. To me RP is a chance to actually be who I am instead of pretend to be somebody else.

Anyway I say you at least deserve a chance, although I don't know you too well.
+1 from me

Also just a side note, seeing how you put you curse and get angry, everybody does just don't do stuff like THIS
If you need some nice cheap headphones these are always a good choice

Last edited by Patrick McPatterson on Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gnomp
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted]Moderator Application (Shinoda)   Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:52 pm

I second this motion, plus one from me.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
FUBAR PAYTON
The one who went out with a bang

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted]Moderator Application (Shinoda)   Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:46 am

TL:DR +1

Retiree

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted]Moderator Application (Shinoda)   Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:09 am

+1 from me.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://steamcommunity.com/id/AlaskaXCIII
Mr Bacon121

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted]Moderator Application (Shinoda)   Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:25 pm

+1 but deep fried in sexy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chess
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted]Moderator Application (Shinoda)   Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:30 pm

Plus Juan. He's pretty active. Needs some experience behind his belt, but the best way to get it is with practice.

XennonKalosh

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted]Moderator Application (Shinoda)   Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:01 pm

Patrick McPatterson wrote:

Also just a side note, seeing how you put you curse and get angry, everybody does just don't do stuff like THIS

Lol, yeah... That's the kind of shit that you get sincerely shunned about.

Also, I've seen him a decent amount on the server. Always seems to play by the rules.

+1  afro 

"She ate the condom."
       - Nightmare, March 2014

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bizzclaw
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted]Moderator Application (Shinoda)   Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:19 am

How about this; Get on the teamspeak and talk to me and I'll see whether you'd make a good moderator. Just join our teamspeak 3 server at frostburnt.ts.nfoservers.com and poke me if I'm on. I'f I'm not on, you can go to various channels and get to know people, or wait in our channel established called "The Reserve".

Think of it as an interview.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frostburnt.com/
AEixilimar
Ban

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted]Moderator Application (Shinoda)   Sun Jun 29, 2014 2:44 pm

I have had some issues with this player mostly complaining but that is about it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RedCloud

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted]Moderator Application (Shinoda)   Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:52 pm

shinoda would make an excellent mod, +1

Bizzclaw
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted]Moderator Application (Shinoda)   Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:01 pm

[Accepted]
Giving this guy a week of trial moderator, after which we will decided whether or not he should keep his rank. Welcome to the team.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frostburnt.com/

[Accepted]Moderator Application (Shinoda)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1