HomeFrostburntCalendarFAQSearchUsergroupsLog inRegisterMemberlistContent
Share | 

Other Species Pac3 Outfits

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Not a dog

PostSubject: Other Species Pac3 Outfits   Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:53 pm

Hello everyone I'm here today to protest my opinion for Species pac3 Outfits other than the plain human species I think this will enhance the roleplay experience for the individual and others. For example here is a little short roleplay scenario, I was roleplaying as a tamed Young Yao Guai before a radiation storm. In this scenario "bulldog" a player was approaching me at the time.
A Tamed Yao Guai sniffs bulldog.
There is a dreading feeling that comes over you. A familiar terror...
This is a roleplay server, please respect other people's roleplay.
A Tamed Yao Guai sniffs the air and makes a alert roar.
And I know this will leave a lot of loop holes for people who just want to ruin other's fun to come in but this can be easily stopped by warning and removing the pac outfit of the player who isn't roleplaying as his or her species correctly such as a Tamed Dog talking; for example if he or she was trying to get someone's attention roleplaying as a dog they can type /me nudges [player] with his nose and barks or whimpers. Instead of saying Hey "YO come follow me". For that won't be roleplaying as a dog properly.
You may be wondering what this may do in combat but I think that if your a dog of a owner and the owner's home is being attacked the dog can only use melee weapons but the melee weapons do not show, This means that roleplaying as a different species gives you a negative advantage in combat but it is a consequence a player can make if they really want to take a step into this new roleplay experience. Think of it this way. Imagine being in a shop there being a scorpion in a cage being sold, Or maybye a roaming dog looking for it's owner, Or Perhaps a baby mirelurk lost from home, or a young yao guai tamed by a group of people. I just want to improve the roleplay for me and others.

I am sorry for any grammar errors I was very tired.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vintovka
Ban

PostSubject: Re: Other Species Pac3 Outfits   Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:00 pm

I saw the speech you were giving on the server and I will support this I think it is a very good idea!
I hope I get a doggy! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DCastiel

PostSubject: Re: Other Species Pac3 Outfits   Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:02 pm

+Support makes RP more fun and likable.  Very Happy Smile 

Mandutrix

PostSubject: Re: Other Species Pac3 Outfits   Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:03 pm

I Played on a server with this present, and i believe it is a very good idea, especially in RP aspects. I know i haven't been a member of the community for very long, put i plan on staying, and would like to see this implemented.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Not a dog

PostSubject: Re: Other Species Pac3 Outfits   Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:12 pm

By the way for the admins who think I am +Supporting Myself I Am not mandutrix is Mikahil in game and Dcastiel is chains and vintovka is vintovka.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tactical Bacon

PostSubject: Re: Other Species Pac3 Outfits   Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:00 pm

If the PAC size is small enough, NPCs won't be able to hit the player. I dunno if this applies for Bizzclaw's entities, but in one case zombies weren't able to hit a person because they were smaller than they should have. This was before we had actual PAC rules in the MOTD. Only time I've seen something like that.

Never pet a burning dog.

Feels fuckin' good to kill I guess.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bizzclaw
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Other Species Pac3 Outfits   Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:02 pm

Here's the thing, while the PostnukeRP Enhanced server is meant to be an RP server, it is not really the same kind of RP you're used too. We don't pretend things and we don't like forcing other people to pretend. It's a living wasteland full of mutants, radiations, hunger, sickness and survival. It's not like those "serious rp" servers where you stand around and talk for an hour and then roll a pair of dice to determine the outcome of a situation. This sort of thing is highly distasteful to me, and I've never been a fan of it. As such, it is generally preferred that if you are playing the game, you are a human wastelander in an apocalypse. We do allow admins to take on the role of non-humans, but that is because they can be trusted not to abuse their altered physique. If we allowed players to alter their hitboxes and models in this way, it can cause many issues and require even more administrating. We've already gone through a rules fiasco in pac before, and I think our current rules are a careful balance based on a lot of experience from administrating it.

So what am I trying to say?
Basically PAC is there for the responsible members of the community who wish to make themselves look a bit more personalized. It ties in to what I said earlier about how we don't like to pretend, and basically it's not meant for you to alter your self in a way that is anything but aesthetic.

TL;DR: Pac is for decorations only.
[Suggestion Declined]
also this is in the wrong section.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frostburnt.com/

Other Species Pac3 Outfits
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1