HomeFrostburntCalendarFAQSearchUsergroupsLog inRegisterMemberlistContent
Share | 

[Accepted]Moderator Application: Red Cloud

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
RedCloud

PostSubject: [Accepted]Moderator Application: Red Cloud   Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:55 am

In-game Name: Red Cloud

Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198021921735

Have you donated: Not yet, but planning to

Where are you from/time zone: U.S.A. EST

How long have you played: approximately 6 months

How did you hear about FF: Whenever I had chosen the PostNukeRP subsection to connect to TBU, I always noticed another PNRP Server. So when TBU eventually died, I migrated over to see what this one was all about.

How old are you: 15, going 16 in august

Do you have a microphone: yes

Do you know any of our Moderators/Admins: Shinoda, Brigadier General Bacon, Gnomp, Kalosh, Duncan, Ice Frost
Have you played on any of our other servers: I have not

Why you wish to be Moderator: It may be partly just a status symbol, but I sincerely want to help protect the server from lucky noobs who jump into a resource pile, find a bottle shank and go to town on someone else thinking this is a pvp game. I don't just want to ban them as well, as pnrp is a very complex game to get used to. I believe people like that are just clueless, and really don't intend to harm others, but do so out of misconception. The only reason I feel that I didn't do the same when I joined was because I played on TBU for about a year beforehand, which has most of the same basic rules as Frostburnt. Of course if the case was blatant RDM, I would ban the party and reimburse the victim, but not before telling them the actual rules of the game to the offender before banning them. If they tell me to piss off and blow it out my ass and that "this is a survival game there are no rules" as some brave activists from the Minges for the Ethical Treatment Mingkind on TBU had said to me before, then I would promptly ban them for the days needed and start counting the seconds before someone yells rdm in ooc after they're unbanned. But if it was someone who knew why they were being banned and promised to read the rules after their ban was finished, I would know that that player is reasonable and will not try to break the rules again after their ban is done. I feel this is a lot more efficient in maintaining a newer player base, instead of banning people outright without telling them why what they did was wrong. Propblockers, flamers and general minges on the other hand are usually just trolls from what I've encountered, and most of the time can not be told what the rules are because they're there just to cause grief and not play.

What can you offer for us as a Moderator: I feel like I have enough experience with this server's set of rules partaking to raids, legal kills and so on to be able to carry them out efficiently and to be fair to all parties associated. I don't believe I have ever had a bad encounter or have been in a bad situation with an admin or mod, as I know the rules very well and know what is legal and what is not legal. I've also been told by some I am a natural diplomat, and find it easy to make peace between two parties, and feel like I can implement that into Moderatorship to be able to think of creative ways to get the least amount of people banned, or guarantee that the person being banned will not break the rules again. Overall, I feel like I can better the general experience of the game, and make people feel like they're at least safe from propkillers and rdmers.

Anything else you want to add: I am a very strong believer in "wasteland not safeland." sure, it sucks a plenty when you get raided and get a bunch of good shit you worked for taken and shoved into another guy's trunk to probably be used against you later that day, but there wouldn't be any fun to the game if it wasn't for moments like that. Moments like that aren't an excuse to shout rdm, asshole, cunt and douchebag while whining about how many series of binary you lost.
I want to help protect the server against non-rp related offenses, but I also want to reinforce the fact that the wasteland is a tough, brutal place. Sure, I've killed the semi-noob trying to take from the same resource pile as me, as well as the one who bravely defied the oppressive regime of the "cross this and you're dead" sign, but if players can't even handle that, then they are in no shape for the true brutes of Frostburnt. I feel like situations like that add to the overall experience to the game; that sure you're safe from the random death matches, but never from the legal death matches.

Last edited by RedCloud on Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:23 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aesop
Server-Operator
Server-Operator

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted]Moderator Application: Red Cloud   Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:05 am

+1 for application longer than a sentence.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
XennonKalosh

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted]Moderator Application: Red Cloud   Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:22 pm

Wow, didn't put me as a known admin/mod...

"She ate the condom."
       - Nightmare, March 2014

Back to top Go down
View user profile
RedCloud

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted]Moderator Application: Red Cloud   Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:00 pm

XennonKalosh wrote:
Wow, didn't put me as a known admin/mod...
happy now m8?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FUBAR PAYTON
The one who went out with a bang

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted]Moderator Application: Red Cloud   Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:23 pm

10/10 replacement for Mad Max lleellelelle +1

Supreme Forum Overlord
Supreme Forum Overlord

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted]Moderator Application: Red Cloud   Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:19 pm

gr8 b8 m8 i r8 8/8 +1

Last edited by Coront on Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
laithqakeesh

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted]Moderator Application: Red Cloud   Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:29 pm

+1 he kidnapped me but his methods were very efficient
Also for a pretty good application unlike some applications ive seen that go like: i want to be moderator because i will ummmmm ban people who propkill
Also seen him help out loads of new players
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ice Frost

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted]Moderator Application: Red Cloud   Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:49 pm

Good player, very active, never seen in trouble. +1

EX-Staff Member, I was demoted because I choose over anime and reading light novels than to play Fallout Decay for a long time, in other words, being inactive for all eternity that's the reason, folks!
See how many anime I finish!
See how many Light Novel I finish!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
:F|F: TheDuncanPro
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted]Moderator Application: Red Cloud   Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:57 pm

Ukrainian PNRP community +1
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bizzclaw
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted]Moderator Application: Red Cloud   Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:15 pm

Red Cloud wrote:

there wouldn't be any fun to the game if it wasn't for moments like that. Moments like that aren't an excuse to shout rdm, asshole, cunt and douchebag while whining about how many series of binary you lost.
I strongly agree with you there, and one of the biggest things I've been looking for in new moderators are people who can make a good call on when deaths where legitimate or not. I've never has any issues with you before either, and I also came from TBU, so I know what you mean. there. Quite frankly I don't see why I shouldn't give you a shot at it, I really like your application and you're a pretty cool guy.

I'll see how you do.
Join our teamspeak and I'll get yo set up with things.

[Accepted]

P.S.
SORRY ABOUT THAT SUPER MUTANT!
(Hopefully this will make up for that? ^^Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frostburnt.com/
Alaska XCIII
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted]Moderator Application: Red Cloud   Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:55 am

I agree. You seem really chill from what I've seen, and you have a pretty level head on you. You also don't take things too seriously, which is a great quality.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://steamcommunity.com/id/AlaskaXCIII
Validtarget
Ban

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted]Moderator Application: Red Cloud   Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:32 pm

Alaska XCIII wrote:
You also don't take things too seriously, which is a great quality.
Hey I don't take stuff seriously! Can I be an admin tooo?

When I see this if I try to join the server, it comes as a relief to me. Relief of not being afraid of being framed for tons of shit I didn't do. Relief for not being afraid of messing up a rule. Relief for not having to deal with the admins of Frostburnt. And relief to go to a server where my shots kill stuff, people don't hate me for no reason, and where I can do whatever I want and be treated like a normal person, not a rat held under a microscope under so much pressure to not mess up.

User has been permanatly banned from these forums for the reason "Doesn't want to be here" by Bizzclaw - Honestly I should of banned you a long time ago. And you say you're tired of being treated like "A rat under a microscope"? Sorry, but you've duped, exploited and RDM'd. What did you expect?
Back to top Go down
View user profile

[Accepted]Moderator Application: Red Cloud
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1