HomeFrostburntCalendarFAQSearchUsergroupsLog inRegisterMemberlistContent
Share | 

Emplacement Gun aiming issue

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
jsshinoda

PostSubject: Emplacement Gun aiming issue   Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:26 pm

I realized the Emplacement gun aims off than where you aim, which is REALLY REALLY irritating because I like to be able to not waste my ammo and shoot on the dot.

If I had to give a solution, I'd say change the aiming system so it doesn't aim in the direction you are looking towards, but it aims at the spot your mouse is on. So let's say you are looking forward, the emplacement gun wouldn't look forward, it'd tilt to the left or right to look at the pole your mouse is aiming on.

If it's possible to change it to make it aim more properly, that'd be great. If not then I understand, because if I am correct bizz you said you can't change HL2 source items due to the fact that it's the COMPANY's source and you have no rights over it. If you want though, I can look for another addon about turrets.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=213515639 These seem to work extreme well and they have great aim, maybe not so much of accuracy. Maybe you can use the first turret for 5.56x45 ammo and the second for 7.62x51 ammo. Plus apparently you can use multiples of these turrets at once. If you had to add them, I'd say redesign them so you can only use the top part but you can toggle the bottom part of the stand off and on. Apparently the stand and the gun are two different props just welded together.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Validtarget
Ban

PostSubject: Re: Emplacement Gun aiming issue   Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:59 pm

If you use the suit zoom button (can be bound in Gmod controls) it gives you a little bit of a reticle to aim down. Also I believe the emplacement turret is made that way for the purpose of not being extremely op.

When I see this if I try to join the server, it comes as a relief to me. Relief of not being afraid of being framed for tons of shit I didn't do. Relief for not being afraid of messing up a rule. Relief for not having to deal with the admins of Frostburnt. And relief to go to a server where my shots kill stuff, people don't hate me for no reason, and where I can do whatever I want and be treated like a normal person, not a rat held under a microscope under so much pressure to not mess up.

User has been permanatly banned from these forums for the reason "Doesn't want to be here" by Bizzclaw - Honestly I should of banned you a long time ago. And you say you're tired of being treated like "A rat under a microscope"? Sorry, but you've duped, exploited and RDM'd. What did you expect?
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Emplacement Gun aiming issue
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1