Share | 

Why so Fallout, Bizzclaw?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bizz
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Why so Fallout, Bizzclaw?   Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:26 pm

A few people are wondering why I'm choosing to make this gamemode more "fallout-ish" by adding mutants that are using models and sounds from the Fallout franchise.It's a good question, but I feel like i'm being scrutinized for it because we are becoming very close to fallout, which in my honest opinion isn't all that bad, but whether or not it will happen is on the fence. While it is true that I am a big fan of the Fallout Series, and that postnuke takes a lot of inspiration from it, these are actually not the reasons for the use of these models and sounds.

The answer lies in the lack of anything else of substantial quality. I have a plethora of extremely high quality fallout models with complete animations and sounds, heck some of them even have bodycaps so I can give them dynamic gore, hence ghouls and the in progress mole rats. It's not just running and attacking animations, it's the little animations like searching, pawing the ground, growling at an enemy, snapping it claws or bearing it's teeth. Heck they even have power attacks and animations for doing special attacks while moving, making things very interesting.

I cannot find any other mutant or other wise most apocalyptic enemy models that I could use anywhere else. Sure you may be thinking of other games that have monsters, but if you don't already know this, well, it's incredibly difficult, if not mostly impossible to port this content with animations into Garrysmod. Yes you may have seem some MODELS from other games, so Have I, but they do not have animations, they simply T-Pose, and there's no way I'm going to manually make them. That's not my job, I do enough, and it takes a very long time to do that. Also I'm not using zombies. I'm done with zombies, they're too generic and boring to fight for me. The only reason I have ghouls spawning still is because of their awesome gore system, but in an upcoming update, ghouls will only be spawning in buildings or underground anyways. The various mutants from fallout are excellently modeled and their animations are perfect. I couldn't find anything better, and believe me, I've searched.

As far as the music from Fallout 3 goes, I can see what you mean if you say that makes it feel like fallout, and you'd be right. However, if you where around when I first added dynamic music, you'd know that for the very first music it was also using music from STALKER by Alexy Omelchuck and MoozE. I however, did a vote on the full server on whether or not I should default the music to music from fallout 3, and it won with overwhelming majority. That's the reason for the fallout music. I've actually considered getting together some tracks to change it too, but for now due to the upgrade to the music system, you can use any music that suits your tastes. Just follow the guide.

I've actually heavily considered making the server officially integrated into the lore of fallout, and I've almost done it several times. Some reasons for this are that there's already tons of fallout esque servers, and they somehow manage to get tons of players, despite it being a reskinned DarkRP on cscdesert with no police jobs and free RDM allowed. I knew that if I labeled my server with "Fallout" those players would flock to it, because postnukerp enhanced upholds the values of post apocalyptic survival in a very similar way as fallout, as in, the survival and post apocalyptic elements are ACTUALLY there. Another reason I've considered it is because I really like fallout, and we're already very close to fallout. Still, despite these points, we don't really need more players. Recently the server's been filling up more than I'd ever expected, and I like the little story I came up with. Being part of my own lore gives me a lot more freedom over the world and content I can make. Also if we became a FalloutRP server, I'd have to rename all of the groups ripping off fallout factions as I would not deem them lore friendly.

Anyways, If anyone somehow magically manages to find models of mutants of comparable quality to the ones we use, feel free to let me know. Also, if you find STALKER models, don't bother. I've already tried getting those working, and they're useless. their walking animations are incredibly bad and do not sync up properly with their speed no matter what and they have moving while attacking animations, on top of many other annoying problems. Also I can't use models from left 4 dead or mods from left 4 dead because they use mostly gestures to move. gestures are currently broken for nextbots.

TL;DR: There's no better content better.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frostburnt.com/
jsshinoda

PostSubject: Re: Why so Fallout, Bizzclaw?   Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:00 am

What if.... someone was able to animate models for you? I'll take it you'd then use other models?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Patrick McPatterson

PostSubject: Re: Why so Fallout, Bizzclaw?   Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:25 am

Bizzclaw wrote:
I've actually heavily considered making the server officially integrated into the lore of fallout

Pls no. Fallout is SOOOO overused and watered down it's just bland to even think about it. I don't mind using SOME NPCs from fallout but having all the NPCs on the server from fallout, and then using the lore on top of that is too much.

Bizzclaw wrote:
I knew that if I labeled my server with "Fallout" those players would flock to it

Once again pls no. At this point what we need is more spoiled 12 year olds who join the server, prop spam and minge and spout off the word faggot like a homophobic machine gun. The community to those kinds of server is just as bad, if not worse than Gmod 13 sandbox.

Bizzclaw wrote:
Being part of my own lore gives me a lot more freedom over the world and content I can make.

Yes, plus it gives the community you have to expand and do almost what they want within that world, and allows a lot more contribution and original content instead of people just ripping off fallout.

Anyhue it sounds like you weren't planning on doing any of this anyway, but I thought I would help persuade you to NOT do that stuff even more. I'll be sure to keep an eye out for any good npc's as well and let you know Very Happy

Bizz
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Why so Fallout, Bizzclaw?   Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:13 pm

Thanks Pat, you're absolutely right.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frostburnt.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why so Fallout, Bizzclaw?   

Back to top Go down

Why so Fallout, Bizzclaw?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Fallout Decay :: Fallout Decay General Discussion-
Jump to: