HomeFrostburntCalendarFAQSearchUsergroupsLog inRegisterMemberlistContent
Share | 

HUD Overlay pickup console bug thing

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
woothie

PostSubject: HUD Overlay pickup console bug thing   Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:14 am

I did unbindall once to clear my stupid amount of dumb binds from well over 20 different gamemodes in order to not disconnect while writing, or say something awkward or dumb out of nowhere, and since then I've been unable to pick up stuff with F2, as well as not having the overlay that comes when you look at stuff you can interact with. Instead, my console is spammed with this:
Code:
[ERROR] gamemodes/postnukerp/gamemode/vgui/cl_labels.lua:245: bad argument #1 to 'upper' (string expected, got no value)
  1. upper - [C]:-1
   2. Run - gamemodes/postnukerp/gamemode/vgui/cl_labels.lua:245
    3. HUDPaint - gamemodes/base/gamemode/cl_init.lua:74
     4. unknown - gamemodes/sandbox/gamemode/cl_init.lua:75
Visual example:

As you can see on the picture above, the overlay is missing. I can, however, lock, unlock or enter my car. I can't open it through conventional methods (F3 to open car inv doesn't work, the console command (pnrp_carinv) does work) and I can't pick it up. I think I am able to disown it, but I'd rather not test it while I am unable to pick it up. I have not tested this yet, but my guess is that this also applies to random l00ts. More tests are needed.

Edit: Okay so appearantly I can't open the inventory through commands either, because I ~have~ to use F3 to access the inventory of my car. Also this does apply to dropped SEnts as well, like water bottles and whatnot.

Edit 2: My car now went to be owned by Unownable. I don't even. Relogging made it go to my garrage, so I guess it's fine.

Last edited by woothie on Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Patrick McPatterson

PostSubject: Re: HUD Overlay pickup console bug thing   Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:50 am

Protip: Never do unbindall in gmod, it just breaks everything. At the main menu go into your options and under controls there's a thing to set the controls to default.

If that doesn't work go to steam/steamapps/common/gmod/gmod/ and rename the "cfg" folder to something else like cfgbackup. Know that if you do this ALL of your settings will be reset, including which games are mounted and video settings.

Last resort, reinstall gmod.

woothie

PostSubject: Re: HUD Overlay pickup console bug thing   Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:20 am

Patrick McPatterson wrote:
Protip: Never do unbindall in gmod, it just breaks everything. At the main menu go into your options and under controls there's a thing to set the controls to default.

If that doesn't work go to steam/steamapps/common/gmod/gmod/ and rename the "cfg" folder to something else like cfgbackup. Know that if you do this ALL of your settings will be reset, including which games are mounted and video settings.

Last resort, reinstall gmod.

Yeah, I forgot to say: I have reinstalled Gmod. Twice. Once to clear out most of old files and whatnot, second to try and fix this (clean install).

Idk, I'll try to clear my controls. Maybe PNRP refuses to bind it because there's a default gmod bind there.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Patrick McPatterson

PostSubject: Re: HUD Overlay pickup console bug thing   Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:26 am

Now, when you say you did a clean install, you actually deleted your garrysmod folder right? You can't just do delete local content through steam because that keeps addons/settings etc

woothie

PostSubject: Re: HUD Overlay pickup console bug thing   Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:29 am

Patrick McPatterson wrote:
Now, when you say you did a clean install, you actually deleted your garrysmod folder right? You can't just do delete local content through steam because that keeps addons/settings etc

I am aware, and yes. Everything down the drain.

Ok so reverting to default worked for whatever reason, not sure how that affects HUD.

Aaaanyways, now there are other issues to attend, amongst them that Stamina doesn't regen. The server crashed not long ago and when it came back up, stamina on either of the players online wouldn't regenerate. One also said that the robots have stopped working.

send help pls
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bizzclaw
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: HUD Overlay pickup console bug thing   Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:49 am

Please don't double post. - fixed
also you either have gm_showteam, gm_showspare1, or +use unbound
re-bind them.
you can disable the tooltips by typing pnrp_tooltips 0
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frostburnt.com/

HUD Overlay pickup console bug thing
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1