0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 7

AuthorMessage
EnragedGamer

PostSubject: [Alaska] Removal of Ban (EnragedGamer)   Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:38 pm

Your SteamID:  STEAM_0:1:38793113
Your RP Name:  EnragedGamer

Date of incident:  I'm not sure.  Probably months ago.
Time of incident (HH:MM 24hr): How am I supposed to remember this?
Time Zone: East Coast

Please explain exactly what happened from start to finish:

I was banned for having a lot of resources in my possession.  I don't believe I  broke any rules.  I looted them off of Gnomp's zombie.  If looting a zombies IS against the rules I am sincerely sorry,  and hope you can come to un-ban me.

If you have any evidence to support this report, please give it here:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alaska XCIII
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

PostSubject: Re: [Alaska] Removal of Ban (EnragedGamer)   Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:18 pm

[claimed]

I'll be handling this ban appeal from now on. I know the specific briefcase your talking about, because I found one similar to it. I'll have to talk to the higher ups, but don't get your hopes up. Your ban is a touchy subject.

PostSubject: Re: [Alaska] Removal of Ban (EnragedGamer)   Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:32 pm

or course it is
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mushroom
1st Forum Overlord
1st Forum Overlord

PostSubject: Re: [Alaska] Removal of Ban (EnragedGamer)   Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:36 pm

From what I have hears its that he used the dup glitch to get his resources and that is the reason of the ban.

EnragedGamer

PostSubject: Re: [Alaska] Removal of Ban (EnragedGamer)   Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:18 pm

I didn't use the dup glitch. When the fallout zombies were In the game I gave away all my shit and deleted my character. When I came back a few months later, I'm walking around and I see Gnomps zombie. Naturally I kill it and loot his body, and in his briefcase was something along the lines of... I think it was like 3.1232(random decimals)+34e (or something like that). I was talking to Char and he said you guys thought I did some kind of vending machine duplication glitch. I didn't even have a vending machine at the time, because i just made that character.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jonathan
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: [Alaska] Removal of Ban (EnragedGamer)   Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:12 pm

His story seems very believable, just saying. And what proof did you guys have that he was using a glitch?

Steamprofile badge by Steamprofile.com
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mushroom
1st Forum Overlord
1st Forum Overlord

PostSubject: Re: [Alaska] Removal of Ban (EnragedGamer)   Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:41 pm

Don't know, all I know is that James ban him for the dup glitch, he probally had proof... or not.

EnragedGamer

PostSubject: Re: [Alaska] Removal of Ban (EnragedGamer)   Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:32 pm

Okay, think about this. I'm not sure how the dup glitch works, but I assume that you get a few thousand resources at most. If anyone were to dup glitch they would stop probably once they hit like 10,000 or whatever. I had such a large amount of resources that the was an "e" in it. THE WAS AN E. I don't know why there was an e, but I assume the reason is because the number is so huge that it would be too big to fit on the screen so to shorten it, math needed to get some help from the alphabet. If that's the case, then i also assume that to get that many resources it would take an unimaginable amount of time to do with the dup glitch. I don't know how the dup glitch works, but I doubt anyone who has ever done it has ever gotten so many resources that there was an e in the number. Thus, someone's a fucking liar, because I didn't dup glitch.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mushroom
1st Forum Overlord
1st Forum Overlord

PostSubject: Re: [Alaska] Removal of Ban (EnragedGamer)   Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:43 pm

We are looking into this and it may be an admin abuse problem, please stand by.

EnragedGamer

PostSubject: Re: [Alaska] Removal of Ban (EnragedGamer)   Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:17 pm

Is this the part where you put me on hold and play soft elevator music?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mushroom
1st Forum Overlord
1st Forum Overlord

PostSubject: Re: [Alaska] Removal of Ban (EnragedGamer)   Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:14 pm

Yes....

EnragedGamer

PostSubject: Re: [Alaska] Removal of Ban (EnragedGamer)   Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:30 pm

I just listened to 10 minutes of those beautiful sound waves. That is the best elevator music I have ever heard in my entire life. Whoever made that deserves a medal. He deserves all the medal's ever fucking made EVER.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
:F|F: Arisen Demon
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: [Alaska] Removal of Ban (EnragedGamer)   Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:20 am

We're sorry about the wait, we're working on this. *starts the music back*

View user profile
Bizz
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: [Alaska] Removal of Ban (EnragedGamer)   Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:46 am

We're still weary on this seeing as multiple people reported you abusing advanced duplicator after tool restrictions broke from a Gmod update. Due to the fact that you did not provide a concise date of your ban, we cannot verify any incidents by checking the logs. We had that information stored on the server, but a gmod update corrupted the ULX ban list. Mushroom had to rebuilt it himself, however the ban dates where all lost. I'll see if I have a backup of the banlist and recover your information.

[UPDATE]
Found your ban, but the ban date is.. cryptic at best. I may have to copy this on to the server or something to see how ULX reads it.
Code:

"STEAM_0:1:38793113"
{
 "unban" "0"
 "time" "1368859876"
 "reason" "Economy delusion and bug exploiting"
 "admin" "(Console)"
}
any resources

If anyone can make sense of "1368859876" feel free to contribute.

[Another update]
One more thing for future reference if you -do- get unbanned. It's sort of a common sense thing that maybe if an admin dies and there's an ungodly amount of resources in it, you should assume it's not legit and you are free to prop block the suitcase and call for an admin to verify it's legitimacy. I highly doubt that you could think in your head that those resources where legitimate - assuming  that you really did find it off a zombie, especially an -ADMIN'S- zombie. While it is negligent on Gnomp's part, I severely doubt you didn't know those were "fake" resources, yet despite that you still used them and didn't tell an admin and report how you came to obtain them. In other words; You probably knew that those resources weren't legit, yet you used them anyways, and if you really -did- think those resources where legit, then I can't see how I could possibly unban you.

Now If I can verify that you didn't exploit a bug, or Gnomp admits to a blunder such as this and this was due to the scenario you put forth, then we will greatly consider allowing you back on the server despite your lapse in common sense. We will also be conversing with Gnomp and an incident like  this won't happen again.

[ONE MOAR UPDATE]
Another issue at hand is your character... Due to the fact that you did obtain and use so many resources, and you obtained so many items using them and severely deluded the economy with them, there's obviously no telling what items you have that are legitimate, and what isn't. What I'm basically saying is if we unban you, we may have to completely delete your character's inventory and resources.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frostburnt.com/
EnragedGamer

PostSubject: Re: [Alaska] Removal of Ban (EnragedGamer)   Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:16 pm

yeah that's cool. there also should be a shit ton of resources in whatever community i was in.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bizz
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: [Alaska] Removal of Ban (EnragedGamer)   Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:11 pm

If that's the case then I should probably just delete your whole character. What is the community and was there anyone else in that community? Specifically someone with access to the stockpile?
Back to top Go down
EnragedGamer

PostSubject: Re: [Alaska] Removal of Ban (EnragedGamer)   Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:13 am

Shit. I forget if anyone else was in my community. Can't you check with all the logs or whatever?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: [Alaska] Removal of Ban (EnragedGamer)   Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:16 am

Can you try to remember the name of the community for us? If so we can check the stockpile.

View user profile
EnragedGamer

PostSubject: Re: [Alaska] Removal of Ban (EnragedGamer)   Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:52 am

I think maybe it was Red Marauders or tplx. I think those were the last 2 communities i was in.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: [Alaska] Removal of Ban (EnragedGamer)   Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:27 am

Thank you, we'll check them both to make sure they have legitimate resources.

View user profile
EnragedGamer

PostSubject: Re: [Alaska] Removal of Ban (EnragedGamer)   Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:27 am

No problemo
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bizz
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: [Alaska] Removal of Ban (EnragedGamer)   Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:59 am

Yeah.. going to just delete this commuity...

Last edited by Bizzclaw on Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:18 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mushroom
1st Forum Overlord
1st Forum Overlord

PostSubject: Re: [Alaska] Removal of Ban (EnragedGamer)   Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:00 pm

Holy shit.... Their is no way you could have thought that those were legit resources. Even if it was a drop you should have contacted an admin the minute you saw that. though it is not your falt 100% you should still have not done this. If you do get un-ban you will be on the watch list.

Retiree

PostSubject: Re: [Alaska] Removal of Ban (EnragedGamer)   Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:16 pm

Holy hell that is a lot of resources.

View user profile
Bizz
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: [Alaska] Removal of Ban (EnragedGamer)   Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:20 pm

Yeah.. the more I see this the more I don't want to ban you because you obviously knew you where in the wrong .. I mean look at those numbers. how could you possibly think this was okay/legitimate to use? How could you possibly not expect repercussions? We may still unban you, but we need to talk over some things, and you need to make it very clear to us if you gave out any resources to anyone, letting us know of any "charities" you made will greatly help us, and your chances of getting unbanned.
[update]
There's another rank 3 in his community.

See this is the kind of shit that made us have the first server reset.
Community disbanded.
Database before the disband has been copied to my local drive.

Yeah, I'm sorry but seeing as there's another rank 3, I just don't know if unbanning you is within question. I have to really talk with the other admins, but as far as I stand at the moment the answer is "no". Feel free to attempt to convince me otherwise, but this is far from acceptable.

Last edited by Bizzclaw on Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

[Alaska] Removal of Ban (EnragedGamer)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next