HomeFrostburntCalendarFAQSearchUsergroupsLog inRegisterMemberlistContent

Share | 

Ultimate Gun Guide!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
OmegaHaxors

PostSubject: Ultimate Gun Guide!   Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:19 am

Do you want to know the best gun to use? Unsure of which one is right for you? Want to know the exact stats of your favorite fire arm? This is the place to be.

Here will be a complete guide on everything you need to know about every gun, and it's ammo. From how to make it to the kind of ammo it takes and how much gunpowder you need make said ammo.

Of course this is very much a work in progress, so please do your best to contribute; be it calling out errors or supplying information. Parts marked with an *asterisk will denote that a part that is questionable in validity or unknown. If you see any of these, please confirm if they are correct or correct them if they are (more than likely) wrong.

~~Ammo~~

For simplicity sake, all ammo will be named based on the guns that use it. I'm not typing out the ammo name every time and it would probably get confusing to read all those weird names all the time. These names aren't completely accurate but they mostly fit the role.

• 5.56x45mm = Rifle
  • .45ACP = SMG
  • 9x19mm = Pistol
  • .50BMG = Barrett
  • 12-gauge = Shotgun
  • 7.62x51mm = Sniper
  • .44 Magnum = Deagle
  • *Energy = Pulse

~ Ammo costs ~

Pistol, SMG, Deagle, and Rifle: 1 Gunpowder as well as *?? Scrap and *?? Chemicals

Shotgun, Sniper, and Barrett: 2 Gunpowder as well as *?? Scrap and *?? Chemicals

Pulse: *?? as well as *?? Scrap and *?? Chemicals

Now lets get to the guns! These will be sorted by ammo type and the stats will be based on the FAS:2 stats. If you notice any errors, please let me know.

~~Pistols~~

Glock-20
Nickname: Glock
Damage: 20 (18)
Clip: 15 + 1
Accuracy: 84%
Hip Spread: 34%
Recoil: 60% (51%)
ROF: 482
Attachments: Silencer, Tritium

Notable Features: The little pistol that could. Not too loud and cheap ammo too. A reliable little firearm to help you take out mid ranged targets.

P226
Nickname: Stealth Pistol
Damage: 19 (17)
Clip: 13 + 1
Accuracy: 83%
Hip Spread: 33%
Recoil: 55% (47%)
ROF: 444
Attachments: Silencer

Notable Features: It's slightly weaker than the glock in every way but it does have one huge upside over it; this pistol makes almost no sound when you fire with the silencer. This makes it a godsend for sneak attacks and keeping your whereabouts unknown while you take pot shots at the enemy, slowly taking out their health while they struggle to find you.

M1911
Nickname: Efficiency Pistol
Damage: 27 (24)
Clip: 7 + 1
Accuracy: 85%
Hip Spread: 34%
Recoil: 93% (79%)
ROF: 300
Attachments: Silencer

Notable Features: This gun is a step down from the glock in every way with the exception of slightly more damage. If you want to squeeze every last damage point out of your pistol ammo, use this gun. Otherwise just use the glock.

OTs-33 Pernach
Nickname: Machine Pistol
Damage: 15
Clip: 18 + 1
Accuracy: 82%
Hip Spread: 32%
Recoil: 40%
ROF: 901
Attachments: None

Notable Features: This gun is probably one of the best pistols in the game. It has epic DPS and a nice clip size too. It also comes with a large downside: very inefficient with ammo. Because you're firing off so many shots, the spread gets wide quickly causing lots of your shots to miss. You're going to burn through ammo. It also has the lowest damage per bullet than any other gun. If you can put up with that, consider the machine pistol as your sidearm of choice as it can quickly down most enemies at close range faster than your melee can.

~~Deagles~~

IMI Desert Eagle
Nickname: Deagle
Damage: 55
Clip: 7 + 1
Accuracy: 91%
Hip Spread: 40%
Recoil: 320%
ROF: 240
Attachments: Tritium

Notable Features: The deagle sort of fills a revolver role that's not seen on any of the other guns. The deagle has a great accuracy and damage. However, it also has terrible recoil, a very limited clip, and it's LOUD. Because of this, you're going to want to plan your shots out rather than spam them. If you aim just right you can even snipe a far away target. You can also use the deagle in close range for some quick burst damage, but don't bother reloading since you could be using better weapons in this situation.

~~Shotguns~~

KS-23
Nickname: Single Shotgun
Damage: 24
Clip: 4
Accuracy: 95%
Hip Spread: 35%
Recoil: 500%
ROF: 300
Attachments: Tritium

Notable features: For a shotgun this weapon sure feels weak. It gets slightly more damage than most of the pistols and better accuracy at the cost of incredible recoil and a poor rate of fire. You also need to pump every time you fire, causing your DPS to be dramatically lowered. Because of its stats, the single shotgun works better as a sniper than as a shotgun.

was a WORK IN PROGRESS but not any more

Last edited by OmegaHaxors on Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:32 am; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tactical Bacon

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Gun Guide!   Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:45 pm

Pulse ammo doesn't require gunpowder. Also, how is the M1911 terrible? It's basically a more long range pistol.

Never pet a burning dog.

Feels fuckin' good to kill I guess.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chess
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Gun Guide!   Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:18 pm

If you're gonna make a gun guide, you should make it not biased. Just give pros and cons of each gun along with stats and stuff.

Bizz
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Gun Guide!   Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:03 pm

51mm?
19mm?
45mm?

this is bad because 45mm could be mistaken for .45ACP, you should be careful and atleast not be lazy to put the main number in the names of these munitions,

51mm = 7.62x51MM?
45mm = 5.56x45MM?
ACP = .45ACP?

Also this isn't a very good idea because I'm constantly re balancing individual weapons an making changes to them.
just the other day I nerfed the 40mm M79

Last edited by Bizzclaw on Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frostburnt.com/
StormySunrise

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Gun Guide!   Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:52 pm

BMG = OP? what's that supposed to mean? the bullet just kills people when you poke em with it? might want to flesh this out a bit.

117'th Legion Remnant

99% Caustic Chloride Mustard Gas Toxic 24/7
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OmegaHaxors

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Gun Guide!   Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:47 pm

Edited OP with your feedback. Thank you.

Sorry about naming the ammo types so poorly, I wasn't in the game at the time of writing this and I was going off my notes which I unsurprisingly wrote in shorthand. I'll be sure to write the full and proper names once I get the chance.

If anything gets rebalanced just let me know so I can edit the post. Chances are that the change would just be a few value points anyway and it doesn't take long to write the stats down. It's retrieving them that takes awhile.

I'm also planning on getting one of every weapon and ammo so that if anything changes, I can quickly get the accurate stats for it. Obviously that will take awhile.

Also, to everybody else, this post is a WIP so take everything you see with a large chunk of salt. I'm mostly going off unreliable notes and information is being collected from FA:S' swep pack, not from in game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bizz
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Gun Guide!   Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:58 am

No wonder the damage values or so wrong.
the damage has been majorly changed per weapon.
The damage values you get from the pack are not accurate. Sorry.
Also, this isn't even needed because the wiki is actually being worked on again, and weapons are being added to it next.

Just stop, you have no idea what you're talking about. In the KS-23 you say the damage is just 24 when it's 24x5 due to the amount of pellets it shoots... no... just... you're making yourself look like an idiot.

also you wrote 20x 12guage... you do realize the 20x indicates the amount of bullets per box.. right?
Back to top Go down
OmegaHaxors

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Gun Guide!   Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:29 am

I tested the KS-23 in game and it only shoots out one pellet. I'm not sure whose the idiot in this case but it doesn't look like it's me.

I'm also quite mystified. I've never seen the owner of a community shit on somebody making a guide so much. I mean seriously, what's the big deal? I didn't see anything in the forum rules about not being allowed to make guides so why so much hostility?

I'm honestly wondering why I bother posting here because you act like a complete prick at almost every opportunity. I'm just trying to help the game. I'm just trying to help the community. All you do is belittle me and treat me like trash. I'm sick of it.

I'm going to keep this up but don't expect me to construct it any further. I'll be looking forward to the wiki when it comes out but don't expect me to contribute at all. Not that you would want me to anyway.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bizz
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Gun Guide!   Sat Aug 09, 2014 2:58 am

I'm not talking to you as "an owner". I'm talking to you as a person.
I'm not flaming, i'm not accusing you of rule breaking and I'm not "shitting down your neck". I'm only saying that you're making a fool of yourself.

It also bothers me when people act like they know everything.
I'm just being honest man, if you can't take that then you don't have to post here.

oh and what do you mean "when the wiki's out?"
It's right here
https://sites.google.com/site/frostburntwiki/home
you can also get to it by pressing guide up at the top, or pressing F1 in game.
Heck when you first joint he server it gives you a button to press that opens it.
Back to top Go down
OmegaHaxors

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Gun Guide!   Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:49 am

I'm glad we're not in not in bad blood but when you tell me to stop doing something because i'm making a fool of myself, I take it in a bad direction. If i'm acting like a fool let me, it's not like i'm hurting anybody. You don't need to talk down as if i'm completely clueless and you have all the answers even though that may seem the case.

The reason i'm doing this is because the weapons section of the wiki is completely non existent. Sure my information is completely off but I've put a lot of effort into making it as good as possible and it's still more than what we currently have. I've consistently fixed my errors and accepted feedback but i'm still "making a fool out of myself"?

It's when you do stuff like this it makes you come off as a jerk and frankly it's very disrespectful. I respect you as a developer but I can't respect you as a person when you treat others poorly for trying to make this a better place.

I'm hoping we can put this behind but seriously, stop being so condescending. You're going to meet lots of people who are better than you, and the longer you hold on to that belief, the harder it's going to hit when it finally comes.

As far as the shotgun goes, I've shot it in game and only one pellet came out. What may be causing that is completely beyond me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jsshinoda

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Gun Guide!   Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:03 pm

OmegaHaxors wrote:
I tested the KS-23 in game and it only shoots out one pellet. I'm not sure whose the idiot in this case but it doesn't look like it's me.

I'm also quite mystified. I've never seen the owner of a community shit on somebody making a guide so much. I mean seriously, what's the big deal? I didn't see anything in the forum rules about not being allowed to make guides so why so much hostility?

I'm honestly wondering why I bother posting here because you act like a complete prick at almost every opportunity. I'm just trying to help the game. I'm just trying to help the community. All you do is belittle me and treat me like trash. I'm sick of it.

I'm going to keep this up but don't expect me to construct it any further. I'll be looking forward to the wiki when it comes out but don't expect me to contribute at all. Not that you would want me to anyway.

KS-23 in the original FAS:2 used a slug that dealt around 120 damage. Since James remodded the gun since it's using BUCKshots, it now does 5x24 damage but it's so accurate with it's sight aim that it might as well fire slugs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alaska XCIII
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Gun Guide!   Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:23 pm

https://sites.google.com/site/frostburntwiki/home

the list of weapons is being updated, but not entirely complete yet

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Gun Guide!   

Back to top Go down

Ultimate Gun Guide!
Page 1 of 1