HomeFrostburntCalendarFAQSearchUsergroupsLog inRegisterMemberlistContent
Share | 

Conglomerate Assassins and fixing grenade launchers

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
jsshinoda

PostSubject: Conglomerate Assassins and fixing grenade launchers   Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:55 pm

I am two lazy to post two different topics so let's go with the bug first

Grenade Launchers
I was using my grenade launcher excessively during the time when guns weren't working to attempt to kill the conglo guards. There was a point when someone placed a prop wall and the guard was nearby it, so I tried shooting a grenade at it just for it to pass through.... and explode in the far off background. Is there any way it can be fixed so they can hit the prop walls and if possible, make it so it explodes or deals damage on impact when it hits an NPC just like regular players.

Also, this isn't a bug, I'm just wondering, how big is the exploding radius of the M79? When I was using it, I realized even if I hit nearby the guard, it seemed unphased and didn't charge at me, as if there was no damage dealt or it was never hit by the explosive radius, if it is the latter how big is the explosive radius? If it's the former, does the guard have armor or something that I don't know about?

Conglomerate Assassins
So this topic was passed around on OOC and I was thinking... what if there was conglomerate assassins? They would be designed after the regular combine assassin but maybe they can be randomly spawned in, not with the drop pods as they are ASSASSINS, they are meant to be stealthy, but what if they were spawned in by something like a portal and they went after certain targets like rank 3 faction leaders. I mean, they ARE assassins. http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=108511284&searchtext=combine+assassin They seem very scary, challenging, and particularly badass. Just thought I might throw this idea out there.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bizzclaw
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Conglomerate Assassins and fixing grenade launchers   Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:31 pm

Using props to your advantage in a combat? It doesn't matter if it's an NPC, that's prop abuse... :V
Also the prop was no collided because someone was phys-gunning it at that moment, or recently.
As part of our anti-prop abuse system, props that are physgunned become no collided to players and other items. This prevents abuse, such as prop killing, prop pushing, and getting peoples tuck inside of props.
the system is doing it's job I see.

See? It works fine!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frostburnt.com/ Online
jsshinoda

PostSubject: Re: Conglomerate Assassins and fixing grenade launchers   Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:01 pm

Bizzclaw wrote:
Using props to your advantage in a combat? It doesn't matter if it's an NPC, that's prop abuse... :V
Also the prop was no collided because someone was phys-gunning it at that moment, or recently.
As part of our anti-prop abuse system, props that are physgunned become no collided to players and other items. This prevents abuse, such as prop killing, prop pushing, and getting peoples tuck inside of props.
the system is doing it's job I see.

See? It works fine!

I wasn't using a prop to my advantage, it was just there. James, know that I'd never abuse or break the rules. The prop was JUST there and the grenade just straight up flew through it. I didn't even see anyone physgun it. Just thought I'd notify you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bizzclaw
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Conglomerate Assassins and fixing grenade launchers   Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:26 pm

well whatever, no idea what happened there though, considering as you can see in the video the grenade works perfectly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frostburnt.com/ Online

Conglomerate Assassins and fixing grenade launchers
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1