HomeFrostburntCalendarFAQSearchUsergroupsLog inRegisterMemberlistContent

Share | 

A Starter Guide(WIP)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
laithqakeesh

PostSubject: A Starter Guide(WIP)   Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:00 pm

So your new to the server and cant start out properly well this is the place for you This guide is filled with things you need to start out (With a little extra tips and tricks Very Happy)
This is a wip also if you dont understand anything or need help ill be happy to help you out in the comments or in the server
Anyways lets get started
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
So first you will need a melee weapon if your a wastelander which i recommend you can craft a machete 
If your not a wastelander you can find a broken bottle shank or a pipe or a crowbar when you scavenge
Or craft a knife if your a scavenger
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________Now you can scavenge from a resource pile resource piles have many shapes a broken car or engine or exhaust probably has scrap or small parts
Now for the more rare resource Chemicals you can find chemicals in water barrels small paint buckets stuck in the ground large radioactive looking barrels and small radioactive looking barrels if you've got a melee weapon we can continue on to the next step
Here's a tip:Salvage stuff you don't need like a melee weapon you already have or don't need maybe uranium fuel rod's you don't need those until your a advanced player
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Now time to go mob hunting Its recommended you start out with killing Zombies antilions fast zombies and head crabs And when you feel ready Ghouls not armored ones or glowly ones tho You should avoid Centaurs bears ants and the Combine gaurds if your new and see a small little combine alone by him self and you have a good melee weapon rush that fool
Here's a little tip:Hit them then run away backwards they'll constantly try to hit you but they cant while moving remember to be facing them and hold the s button while hitting
Have you killed 100 zombies or a bunch of ghouls maybe you and a friend teamed up on a bear and you got the xp either way you need to have killed alot of mobs to continue on to the next step
If you've followed my steps you should be ready Press tab And click skills Do you have enough skill points to buy either scavenging or salvaging if you do buy either i recommend doing scavenging first then salvaging then scavenging then salvaging twice more than continue on to salvaging scavenging will give you more resources when you scavenge and salvaging will give you more resources If you salvage something
Time to get you a gun If a resource hoarder like me and kept all your chemicals scrap and small parts then your in luck this should be easy for you however if you spent it all on melons from Killroy's  Vending machine then you will need to scavenge I recommend Getting a glock or a m1911 i personally like the m1911 more because its more accurate and it ends with the numbers 911 so you know its dangerous they take 9mm or in-game there called 9mmx19 x19 just says how many bullets are in a box anyways if you have a good melee and a pistol which you should if you've been following my steps correctly then save up for a ak-47 its ammo efficient has high damage and a good fire rate its bad side is the recoil and noise but the noise isn't that much of a problem because before a guy notices where all the noise is coming from he'd be filled with 20 ak-47 bullets which is enough to take out most armored targets.
the ak-47 shouldnt cost more than 300 300 300 wich is 300 scrap 300 small parts and 300 chemicals
and DON'T USE GUNS ON MOBS Why? well because ammo is expensive little timmy and i dont care how much resources you have save the guns for the people like i shot a feral ghouls 10 times with a pistol till he died its inefficient and causes un-necasary attention
Armor...Now you've probably seen a guy with masterchief armor shouting at you to get in the car with a ak-47 (Me Very Happy) or you've probably seen Antwon's Nice Dr.Haus like armor As he bandages you or seen Fubar's Badass Fallout armor as he delivers a fubaring on you and your probably wondering how to craft it well you dont you need a application for that little timmy but you can craft good armor such as the juggernaut armor.
I will now put all the armors and there pros and cons and stats

Make-shift
Description:Starter armor AKA the better than nothing
Low melee protection
Very Low gun protection
Minimal Radiation protection
Low Fire protection
Minimal Explosive protection

The outlaw Armor
Description:How does this give me protection i'am not even wearing a chestplate
Good Melee protection
Very low Gun protection
Low Radiation protection
Low Explosive protection

Rad-Walker Suit
Description:Yay no radiation
Low Melee protection
Low Gun protection
Best Radiation protection
Very good Fire protection
No Explosive protection

Old riot armor
Description:No this isn't darkrp you cant arrest me
Fairly good Melee protection
Fairly good Gun protection
Small Radiation protection
Small Fire protection
Small Explosive protection

Conglomerate Body Armor
Description:The Combine!!!1
Very High Melee protection
Very High Gun protection
High Radiation protection
Minimal Fire protection
Very High Explosive protection

Juggernaut                                                             
Description:The Most Defensive Armor in the game AKA The I SHOT YOU 40 TIMES
Best Melee protection
Best Gun protection
Very High Radiation protection
No Fire protection
God-Like Explosive protection
Downside:You cant run
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Mob strategy's: your now ready to advance to more stronger and bigger mobs

Ants:These are very weak however if you see a fire ant wich is a ant that shoots fire run... they have no strategy currently neither do fire ants but ants are pretty weak so just hit and block

Dogs:are generally weak and take 2 hits with a machete to kill they attack in packs tho so it makes them dangerous these currently have no strategy except to walk backwards and hit and to block and hit

Centaurs:are strong and spit acid to kill them hit them once while walking backwards keep repeating this until he dies also occasionaly move sideways to avoid his spit
No Pictures yet.

Mirelurks:Are tough and attack in hordes block then hit while walking backwards be cautious they are strong and though

Molerats:Are very weak walk backwards while hitting them is a good strategy

Feral Ghouls:A good strategy would be to hit them in the neck or hand to dismember them this might not happen commonly tho
No pictures yet

Bears:Are the boss battle of the wasteland there very though and you should use a gun to kill them they give 50 xp

Last edited by laithqakeesh on Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:56 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Added Mob strategys)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tactical Bacon

PostSubject: Re: A Starter Guide(WIP)   Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:22 pm

You should probably change the black font...

Never pet a burning dog.

Feels fuckin' good to kill I guess.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
laithqakeesh

PostSubject: Re: A Starter Guide(WIP)   Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:45 pm

Ya ik sadly i dont know with what font i tought black was the normal one when i started XD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
laithqakeesh

PostSubject: Re: A Starter Guide(WIP)   Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:27 pm

Update:Added Pictures now Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alaska XCIII
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

PostSubject: Re: A Starter Guide(WIP)   Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:14 pm

https://sites.google.com/site/frostburntwiki/home

PostSubject: Re: A Starter Guide(WIP)   Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:09 am

Alaska XCIII wrote:
https://sites.google.com/site/frostburntwiki/home
I know about the wiki but its incomplete also this guide is just a guide aimed towards new players not a wiki which is aimed towards everyone 
And like i mentioned i put in a little tips and tricks for added help also if the new players need any help i help them out in server and in the comments all they need to do is just reply to this post saying they need help with something.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
laithqakeesh

PostSubject: Re: A Starter Guide(WIP)   Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:11 pm

Added mob strategy's
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Starter Guide(WIP)   

Back to top Go down

A Starter Guide(WIP)
Page 1 of 1