HomeFrostburntCalendarFAQSearchUsergroupsLog inRegisterMemberlistContent
Share | 

Server crash deleted item

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
OmegaHaxors

PostSubject: Server crash deleted item   Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:52 am

I was hunting some monsters with my shotgun when I ran out of ammo so I put it away and switched to my Raging Bull and loaded it up.

I then went over to find some more monsters to kill and then the server crashes.

I relog and now I can't find my Raging Bull anywhere. Not in my inventory and not on my character. The strange thing is that I still have my shotgun and other weapons, but not my Raging Bull.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bizzclaw
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Server crash deleted item   Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:22 pm

I'll refund you when I get on today, also I can see how this wold happen. Postnuke is weird and runs a "save" on your character every five or so minutes. It also saves when you perform certain actions like dying, changing classes, hit the save button, type /save or disconnect. I also manually save everyone before changing the map. What saving does is it saves everything about your character's health state and equipment. This means equipped weapons, ammunition, armor, health, hunger, thirst and rads. Now for some reason one of the actions that doesn't trigger a save, but it really should, is equipping a weapon. I'll be updating this now.
It's simple what happened really, you equipped your shotgun right after an autosave and before another one could run the server crashed. Happens all the time. Sorry about that, but that's bound to happen. Especially considering TBU are the ones who made this gamemode in the first place.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frostburnt.com/
OmegaHaxors

PostSubject: Re: Server crash deleted item   Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:34 pm

Okay thanks.

I guess it would make sense that I would lose out on a server crash if it uses a system like that. I appreciate you refunding the revolver, I only wrote this to let you know that the bug exists.

From what I can understand there's very little to do to prevent it, short of running a save every time the player changes equipment.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Server crash deleted item
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1