HomeFrostburntCalendarFAQSearchUsergroupsLog inRegisterMemberlistContent
Share | 
 

 Mass RDM by many users[Resolved]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
OmegaHaxors

avatar

Posts : 52
Join date : 2014-07-29

PostSubject: Mass RDM by many users[Resolved]   Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:04 pm

Date of incident: 8/14/2014

Time of incident (HH:MM 24hr): 1:00 AM

Time Zone: Central

Please explain exactly what happened from start to finish:

The map was switched to CS Desert and things were going well for awhile. However, things quickly went to shit when certain members started killing players for no reason. Eventually things got so bad that everybody was trapped at spawn. Admin response was "we can't do anything about it" and I was kicked for sarcastically stating "to the admins, nothing is RDM." (It's true, admins never take action over RDM. Ever.)

So I was on my alternate character so I went out into the shit storm and was shot. When I complained the person responded with "That wasn't RDM we're at war" which was clearly bullshit as I was on an alt and was not in a community.


Normally I wouldn't do a report like this but the people involved were being such assholes about it that I couldn't let it slide.


Here's just a little snippit from console to prove just how bad it was:

Vano Kovalenko [OOC]:'blatant rdm?
Red Cloud [OOC]: loadsapeople
Vano Kovalenko [OOC]:do you even know whats going oon?
Mike Simms [OOC]: Hey, whats the map change amoun?
PAC Man [OOC]:we have like 5 people shooting players from spawn for no reason. If that's not blatant I dont know what is.
Mike Simms [OOC]: Like, change maps every day?
Vano Kovalenko [OOC]:ITS WAR ._.
Vano Kovalenko [OOC]:JESUS YOU ARE SO OBTUSE
PAC Man [OOC]:i'm not at war I don't even have a community
Chops [OOC]: stop fucking camping spawn you puss pusses
Mike Simms [OOC]: Yeah, stop shooting everyone, thats not war
Mike Simms [OOC]: its being an ass
Yuri Varrenikov [OOC]:STOP CAMPING IN THE SPAWN AND WE WON'T HAVE TO
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alaska XCIII
Co-Owner
Co-Owner
avatar

Posts : 978
Join date : 2013-05-08

PostSubject: Re: Mass RDM by many users[Resolved]   Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:45 pm

The amount of ignorance from the players was immeasurable today.

JUST BECAUSE A LOT OF PEOPLE ARE SHOOTING EACH OTHER DOES NOT MEAN IT'S MASS RDM.

IT WAS A SANCTIONED WAR.

__________________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OmegaHaxors

avatar

Posts : 52
Join date : 2014-07-29

PostSubject: Re: Mass RDM by many users[Resolved]   Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:56 pm

You have some nerve posting here with that...

If sanctioned war means spawn killing literally everybody who leaves spawn, than yes it certainly was. This should never happen, the game was ruined for many of the regular non-warring players who were also randomly killed and trapped in spawn.

Don't even think of trying to reply to this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FUBAR PAYTON
The one who went out with a bang
avatar

Posts : 91
Join date : 2013-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Mass RDM by many users[Resolved]   Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:10 pm

John stop being mad because your gun guide got shit on and denied by the community.

__________________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Patrick McPatterson



Posts : 143
Join date : 2013-06-04

PostSubject: Re: Mass RDM by many users[Resolved]   Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:11 pm

we werent killing everybody leaving spawn. they were camping spawn to avoid the war, and we WERE at war with them. Plus other people were still being stupid and causing shit so they died too. Also, none of the admins ever said anything about not being able to do anything. But there was nothing to do about it anyway. Instead of just screaming rdm and calling people stupid and being a sarcastic ass, you can just say over admin chat that you will killed illegitimately and explain the situation. From what I could gather you were just screaming RDM without understanding the situation, so you were ignored.

__________________________
RIP in peices
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OmegaHaxors

avatar

Posts : 52
Join date : 2014-07-29

PostSubject: Re: Mass RDM by many users[Resolved]   Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:31 pm

Unbelievable...

Something has to change. This should never happen. The point of war is for two enemy communities to fight for control of an area or resources, not to just kill for the sake of killing. Hiding out at spawn during a war? Because that's totally fair for anybody not involved who might get their head blasted off as a mix up.

I'm honestly more pissed off at the system than the people involved. Somebody should have stepped up and said that this is wrong and something needs to change because it's ruining it for everybody else. Of course nothing other than a direct infringement of the rules will ever be acted upon and you better believe that both parties are going to find every excuse in the book to ensure nothing happens.

You're right, I was being a sarcastic ass and I had every reason to be. When I can't leave spawn and there's a person I know to have the power to do something about does nothing about it, i'm going to be annoyed. I've had experiences in the past where i've seen sombody flat out murder sombody and the responce was pretty much "yeah he wasn't technically RDMing because... I don't know some loophole I guess"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alaska XCIII
Co-Owner
Co-Owner
avatar

Posts : 978
Join date : 2013-05-08

PostSubject: Re: Mass RDM by many users[Resolved]   Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:05 pm

Omega Haxorz wrote:
Don't even think of trying to reply to this.

Hey look, I'm replying.

You have some nerve telling me, of all people, not to reply on a forum that I helped create, for a server that I have been a part of for over two years and have literally helped create the foundations of.

Regardless of the situation, regardless of whether I was right or wrong or whether I had anything to do with it at all, do NOT tell me what to do or how to act on these forums. Especially when I am trying to explain something to you that you were too busy getting pissed off to understand.

__________________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Validtarget
Ban
avatar

Posts : 520
Join date : 2013-10-14

PostSubject: Re: Mass RDM by many users[Resolved]   Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:22 pm

Patrick McPatterson wrote:
we werent killing everybody leaving spawn. they were camping spawn to avoid the war, and we WERE at war with them.
God forbid I had killed someone in spawn, war or not it's not like they can do anything in spawn. I thought the point of spawn was for it to be an area where no killing was allowed. I remember getting bitched at for killing someone in spawn who was breaking into my community locker because of a traitor. I got pulled away and told no killing in spawn for any reason. I guess that doesn't apply to admins? Come on guys you are pretty much saying you had nothing better to do than resource farm some poor kids sitting in spawn DOING NOTHING. Wait for them to start playing and let them put up a fight.

__________________________
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=269979474
When I see this if I try to join the server, it comes as a relief to me. Relief of not being afraid of being framed for tons of shit I didn't do. Relief for not being afraid of messing up a rule. Relief for not having to deal with the admins of Frostburnt. And relief to go to a server where my shots kill stuff, people don't hate me for no reason, and where I can do whatever I want and be treated like a normal person, not a rat held under a microscope under so much pressure to not mess up.

User has been permanatly banned from these forums for the reason "Doesn't want to be here" by Bizzclaw - Honestly I should of banned you a long time ago. And you say you're tired of being treated like "A rat under a microscope"? Sorry, but you've duped, exploited and RDM'd. What did you expect?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Patrick McPatterson



Posts : 143
Join date : 2013-06-04

PostSubject: Re: Mass RDM by many users[Resolved]   Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:29 pm

There seems to be some kind of misunderstanding here. Omega I don't even know how you were involved, and if you were not part of the war and you died, see my previous statement. I'm talking about the people that WERE part of the war. YOU CANNOT HIDE IN SPAWN TO AVOID A WAR. If they didn't want a war, they should have never started shit. Plain and simple.

Alaska XCIII wrote:
do NOT tell me what to do or how to act on these forums
THIS.

OmegaHaxors wrote:
Don't even think of trying to reply to this.
Please kindly eat shit.

__________________________
RIP in peices
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RedCloud

avatar

Posts : 291
Join date : 2014-07-04

PostSubject: Re: Mass RDM by many users[Resolved]   Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:04 pm

I don't recall many people hiding in spawn to avoid a war. Me and Marx made multiple attempts to escape spawn, and judging from the amount of suitcases that were lying on the ground im sure more than us 2 tried as well. The only time I or Marx had stayed in spawn for an extended period of time was when we were just taking a break from being endlessly sniped.
Also, and hopefully i don't derail this entire thread:
Patrick McPatterson wrote:
If they didn't want a war, they should have never started shit. Plain and simple.
We never started shit. All we did was successfully defend against a raid, that isn't really starting shit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alaska XCIII
Co-Owner
Co-Owner
avatar

Posts : 978
Join date : 2013-05-08

PostSubject: Re: Mass RDM by many users[Resolved]   Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:30 pm

Unimportant wrote:
God forbid I had killed someone in spawn, war or not it's not like they can do anything in spawn. I thought the point of spawn was for it to be an area where no killing was allowed. I remember getting bitched at for killing someone in spawn who was breaking into my community locker because of a traitor. I got pulled away and told no killing in spawn for any reason. I guess that doesn't apply to admins? Come on guys you are pretty much saying you had nothing better to do than resource farm some poor kids sitting in spawn DOING NOTHING. Wait for them to start playing and let them put up a fight.

Shut the fuck up, you're not even allowed on the server anymore. You weren't there, so you are irrelevant.

__________________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Validtarget
Ban
avatar

Posts : 520
Join date : 2013-10-14

PostSubject: Re: Mass RDM by many users[Resolved]   Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:34 am

Alaska XCIII wrote:
Unimportant wrote:
God forbid I had killed someone in spawn, war or not it's not like they can do anything in spawn. I thought the point of spawn was for it to be an area where no killing was allowed. I remember getting bitched at for killing someone in spawn who was breaking into my community locker because of a traitor. I got pulled away and told no killing in spawn for any reason. I guess that doesn't apply to admins? Come on guys you are pretty much saying you had nothing better to do than resource farm some poor kids sitting in spawn DOING NOTHING. Wait for them to start playing and let them put up a fight.

Shut the fuck up, you're not even allowed on the server anymore. You weren't there, so you are irrelevant.
That hostility though..... do I not make a Valid point?

__________________________
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=269979474
When I see this if I try to join the server, it comes as a relief to me. Relief of not being afraid of being framed for tons of shit I didn't do. Relief for not being afraid of messing up a rule. Relief for not having to deal with the admins of Frostburnt. And relief to go to a server where my shots kill stuff, people don't hate me for no reason, and where I can do whatever I want and be treated like a normal person, not a rat held under a microscope under so much pressure to not mess up.

User has been permanatly banned from these forums for the reason "Doesn't want to be here" by Bizzclaw - Honestly I should of banned you a long time ago. And you say you're tired of being treated like "A rat under a microscope"? Sorry, but you've duped, exploited and RDM'd. What did you expect?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bizz
Founder
Founder
avatar

Posts : 1633
Join date : 2013-05-07

PostSubject: Re: Mass RDM by many users[Resolved]   Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:32 am

No rules where broken, but it sounds like there do need to be some changed to the war system. I've seen many many cases of communities getting locked in wars they don't want. Sure it's for a reason they started most of the time, but I don't think the proper punishment for their idiocy is to be killed every time they're not in spawn when they're on the server for two days straight. It makes people angry and lash out and cause a bunch of ooc drama, understandably. The sooner I can get the attrition system done so that wars can ACTUALLY be won the better, but in the meantime I'm contemplating disabling wars because dealing with these sort of things is... tiring...

I'll be posting a thread in the development forum regarding ideas for a victory/defeat system for community warfare in a bit. I'll put down my base ideas and hopefully you guys will comment on it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frostburnt.com/
StormySunrise

avatar

Posts : 499
Join date : 2013-06-17

PostSubject: Re: Mass RDM by many users[Resolved]   Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:14 am

Quote :
but I don't think the proper punishment for their idiocy is to be killed every time they're not in spawn when they're on the server for two days straight

Didn't Alaska and Co. get a war request because apparently Red Cloud and Omega Haxorz killed Alaska or somebody participating in the raid in raid defense?

Also can we please stop sending angry messages across the internet like this, it puts the community in a bad light and newcomers may be dissuaded by the amount of internet shouting that is going on.

__________________________


117'th Legion Remnant

99% Caustic Chloride Mustard Gas Toxic 24/7
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RedCloud

avatar

Posts : 291
Join date : 2014-07-04

PostSubject: Re: Mass RDM by many users[Resolved]   Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:38 am

StormySunrise wrote:
Quote :
but I don't think the proper punishment for their idiocy is to be killed every time they're not in spawn when they're on the server for two days straight

Didn't Alaska and Co. get a war request because apparently Red Cloud and Omega Haxorz killed Alaska or somebody participating in the raid in raid defense?

Also can we please stop sending angry messages across the internet like this, it puts the community in a bad light and newcomers may be dissuaded by the amount of internet shouting that is going on.

Long story short, I had a base I shared with the brotherhood that was being raided by Fubar and Charles. The brotherhood sends in some soldiers and we successfully defend against the raid. Afterwards Fubar declares war on the brotherhood because they killed em, along with alaska's group and just yesterday the deadline mercenaries as well. I was about to join the war and help them, but first i decided to fly up to a vantage point on pripyat and spot for them while they were in a combat situation. after i saw that alaska probably escaped since i couldn't see him anywhere, i decided to fly back down only to arrive to vano killing everyone including me. Afterwards alaska forced war on me and whiteclaw for helping the brotherhood. thats how all this happened.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Anchorman
Retiree
avatar

Posts : 144
Join date : 2013-11-17

PostSubject: Re: Mass RDM by many users[Resolved]   Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:29 pm

Okay, honestly like......Red first off...Alaska had every right to kill you and everyone there because you were all allied and helping the brotherhood. You just admitted that you were scouting and allied with the brotherhood(AND YOU WERE ABOUT TO HELP THEM FIGHT) I think both sides made many mistakes and we need to stop putting 20000000000000000000 comments on one post. Wars always happen like this and both sides get fed up with each other's shit and they end up breaking rules and then one side sees that side breaking rules and they do the exact same crap. Then the noobs see this and they get in the middle of it without even reading the rules and they start dying for valid reasons and then get pissed off and they say its not valid. Then without reading the rules they go to the forums and post like THIS and have 20 people arguing over 20 different things. I'm not trying to throw Red Cloud under the bus but what he said has NOTHING to do with any of this post. (ASWELL AS VALID TARGET) Maybe even my comment won't help but whatever. This is just dumb and immature and we need to realize that when we do one thing the other does the same 50% of the time. Monkey see monkey do............Literally what happened with Omega was that he was standing by a case and he thought no one was looking and he took everything out of it so I shot him with a sniper rifle. I remember doing it too. There was way too many cases all over the ground and noobs decided to go out and press e on stuff that they don't even have a clue of what it can cause for them. I've shot numerous people for taking the cases that drop from numerous things and all those people do is call RDM. Then an admin teleports to them and has to teleport me and its a waste of 20 minutes because the guy is trying to lie and say he didn't look in the case when it clearly says that when I press e on it hes in the case. This is straight pathetic, I realize that Red Cloud and I and Alaska have our own separate quarrel. Then again, that isn't meant to be dealt with on this post. This is a whole different post having nothing to do with the thing that half the people on this post are arguing about. Why do we have a forum if we can't keep all the posts organized? I say we all just let this past us when the war ends today at 11:00pm eastern. Please guys, James is working on a system that will justify this whole situation and everything or almost everything that happened during ALL OF THIS SHITSTORM!

__________________________
SPARTANS NEVER DIE!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Patrick McPatterson



Posts : 143
Join date : 2013-06-04

PostSubject: Re: Mass RDM by many users[Resolved]   Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:21 pm

RedCloud wrote:
I was about to join the war and help them, but first i decided to fly up to a vantage point on pripyat and spot for them while they were in a combat situation. after i saw that alaska probably escaped since i couldn't see him anywhere, i decided to fly back down only to arrive to vano killing everyone including me.

I could hear you talking about helping whiteclaw/brotherhood and I heard everything you were saying over the radio. Alaska knew he was going to be attacked because I was spotting for him and he knew what communities were going to attack him. Coincidentally you were spotting right above me spotting so I was able to hear everything. I did what an ally should do and I took out you and a few others that were assaulting Alaska. That is at least how I got involved in this.

Also Chris thank you. I couldn't have said it better.

__________________________
RIP in peices
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RedCloud

avatar

Posts : 291
Join date : 2014-07-04

PostSubject: Re: Mass RDM by many users[Resolved]   Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:57 pm

Patrick McPatterson wrote:
RedCloud wrote:
I was about to join the war and help them, but first i decided to fly up to a vantage point on pripyat and spot for them while they were in a combat situation. after i saw that alaska probably escaped since i couldn't see him anywhere, i decided to fly back down only to arrive to vano killing everyone including me.

I could hear you talking about helping whiteclaw/brotherhood and I heard everything you were saying over the radio. Alaska knew he was going to be attacked because I was spotting for him and he knew what communities were going to attack him. Coincidentally you were spotting right above me spotting so I was able to hear everything. I did what an ally should do and I took out you and a few others that were assaulting Alaska. That is at least how I got involved in this.

Also Chris thank you. I couldn't have said it better.
shit makes a lot more sense now, thank ya pat.

Patrick McPatterson wrote:
Coincidentally you were spotting right above me spotting so I was able to hear everything.

shieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bizz
Founder
Founder
avatar

Posts : 1633
Join date : 2013-05-07

PostSubject: Re: Mass RDM by many users[Resolved]   Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:11 pm

Sorry about the whole idiocy thing, I'm not talking about this specific situation, but I'm talking about a much broader problem. It happens all the time whe one faction member slips up and gets trigger happy and kills a member of another faction for whatever reason, justified or unjustified, it causes a huge war that ends up with the faction that started it getting stuck in spawn for two days, or stuck off the server. It would be a lot better if the war system was dynamic and supported an actual win/loss system. Say that if that faction did not take action in the war to win it, or at least try and let it end up in a stalemate they would lose the war, and lose something, what that thing is still to be determined, but this would mean that if a faction wanted to sit offline of the server too wait out the war, they could and it wouldn't take as long, but doing so would have devastating effects to their community and it's members. This isn't the first time this has happened, but I really hope it's the last... probably not though... Anyways, it looks like things seem to be getting resolved and, yet again, all of the supposed "RDM" was legitimate.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frostburnt.com/
Alaska XCIII
Co-Owner
Co-Owner
avatar

Posts : 978
Join date : 2013-05-08

PostSubject: Re: Mass RDM by many users[Resolved]   Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:59 am

I think that there should be a "surrender" option for situations like the one on CSC Desert the other day. Yeah, it's really annoying getting into a war and having everyone run into spawn immediately to avoid it, but there comes a point where it's a little overkill.... Which is what we ran into. It would be awesome if there was a button under the "WARS" tab next to the corresponding faction that said "surrender." It would be too easy for newer faction to instantaneously surrender though, so it would have to be locked for a certain time, preferably based on the amount of member in said faction. Because let's face it: the more members you have, the higher chance of going to war with someone. There's going to be that one guy that pisses someone off while he's the only member online and throws a large faction into some deep shit (which is what happens to BoS quite frequently).
This would also balance out the fighting power of a faction.

TL;DR
Surrender button that becomes available during wars after a certain time limit has passed, and is based on the size of the faction.

__________________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Validtarget
Ban
avatar

Posts : 520
Join date : 2013-10-14

PostSubject: Re: Mass RDM by many users[Resolved]   Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:33 pm

You could make the system work where when every memeber of the community has been a war casualty at least once then the community can pay a price to surrender (Could either be set by the opposing faction or Could be based on community stock piles at the start of the war) But you know you don't have to listen to little ol' banned me according to Our Lord and Savior Alaska deh abooska

__________________________
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=269979474
When I see this if I try to join the server, it comes as a relief to me. Relief of not being afraid of being framed for tons of shit I didn't do. Relief for not being afraid of messing up a rule. Relief for not having to deal with the admins of Frostburnt. And relief to go to a server where my shots kill stuff, people don't hate me for no reason, and where I can do whatever I want and be treated like a normal person, not a rat held under a microscope under so much pressure to not mess up.

User has been permanatly banned from these forums for the reason "Doesn't want to be here" by Bizzclaw - Honestly I should of banned you a long time ago. And you say you're tired of being treated like "A rat under a microscope"? Sorry, but you've duped, exploited and RDM'd. What did you expect?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NateDogg

avatar

Posts : 40
Join date : 2014-07-18

PostSubject: Re: Mass RDM by many users[Resolved]   Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:51 pm

Alaska XCIII wrote:
There's going to be that one guy that pisses someone off while he's the only member online and throws a large faction into some deep shit (which is what happens to BoS quite frequently).

That sounds like me in the group. The group I'm in is usually offline, and when they are they camp in 1 house and pool their supplies, while out in the wasteland (and in people's bases)
I'm constantly stealing groups' things, killing them for the most basic and smallest killable things in the book, stealing their scavenges and making them leave, and insulting them.

__________________________
Boris Romanov
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Validtarget
Ban
avatar

Posts : 520
Join date : 2013-10-14

PostSubject: Re: Mass RDM by many users[Resolved]   Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:52 am

NateDogg wrote:

I'm constantly stealing groups' things, killing them for the most basic and smallest killable things in the book, stealing their scavenges and making them leave, and insulting them.

We're twinsies Very Happy

__________________________
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=269979474
When I see this if I try to join the server, it comes as a relief to me. Relief of not being afraid of being framed for tons of shit I didn't do. Relief for not being afraid of messing up a rule. Relief for not having to deal with the admins of Frostburnt. And relief to go to a server where my shots kill stuff, people don't hate me for no reason, and where I can do whatever I want and be treated like a normal person, not a rat held under a microscope under so much pressure to not mess up.

User has been permanatly banned from these forums for the reason "Doesn't want to be here" by Bizzclaw - Honestly I should of banned you a long time ago. And you say you're tired of being treated like "A rat under a microscope"? Sorry, but you've duped, exploited and RDM'd. What did you expect?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NateDogg

avatar

Posts : 40
Join date : 2014-07-18

PostSubject: Re: Mass RDM by many users[Resolved]   Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:57 pm

Validtarget wrote:
NateDogg wrote:

I'm constantly stealing groups' things, killing them for the most basic and smallest killable things in the book, stealing their scavenges and making them leave, and insulting them.

We're twinsies Very Happy

Also, I am known in 2 different groups as "That commie motherf*cker that steals our stuff"

__________________________
Boris Romanov
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alaska XCIII
Co-Owner
Co-Owner
avatar

Posts : 978
Join date : 2013-05-08

PostSubject: Re: Mass RDM by many users[Resolved]   Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:37 pm

Hahaha Valid I have no problem with you, I was just incredibly pissed off that day. Sorry for cursing at you and being a general faggot. <3

__________________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
 
Mass RDM by many users[Resolved]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Campaign Story Challenge : ERA, "The Mass" Story
» Norway Mass Murderer Warcraft Top Fan
» Mass Effect 3: Jackal Squad
» Kirby Mass Attack and Pikmin relation
» Mass Effect 3!

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Fallout Decay :: Appeal/Reports :: Player Reports-
Jump to: