HomeFrostburntCalendarFAQSearchUsergroupsLog inRegisterMemberlistContent
Share | 

New Suggestions. (These are actually fairly creative and good)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
DCWasteland3r

PostSubject: New Suggestions. (These are actually fairly creative and good)   Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:32 pm

Ok, so these are some miscellaneous suggestions I though up that don't require a complete fundamental change in the way the game works.

1. Bleeding: Pretty simple. Being shot, stabbed, clubbed, or bitten will have a percent chance to cause bleeding based on the damage of said attack. Either X/50 X/100 or X/200 up to a max of 90% I.E, a rifle with 55 damage has either a 90% 55% or 27.5% chance to cause bleeding, but will be less likely to do so if armor blocks a percentage of the damage. When a player is bleeding, they will take damage at a rate of 1 point per second, until they are bandaged, healed by a doctor, or survive several minutes through other means such as a campfire. Bandages would be inexpensive 10 10 10 or 5 5 5, and craftable by all classes. The primary purpose of bleeding would be to make being wounded more serious, especially in combat when healing or applying a bandage may not be practical, but not enough to break RP or the combat system as it stands now.
1.A Levels of bleeding: The system of bleeding could be expanded to have three levels. If an attack triggers the bleeding effect while a character is already bleeding, the bleeding rate will increase by 1 point per second, up to a max of three total HP lost per second.
1.B Explosives should me much more likely to cause bleeding, possibly starting at a faster rate than usual, because shrapnel makes a lot of holes.

2. Knockdown: Similar to bleeding, this would be a percent chance to knock a player down when attacking them with a firearm, fists, or melee weapon. When the event triggered, the player would ragdoll, but remain able to take damage, for 3-6 seconds, depending on which works best with the current balance of the server, after which they would get up if they were still alive. Melee weapons should have a 15-25% bonus to knock down, because of the general nature of melee combat, which often involves trying to knock your opponent down (IRL) to attack from a position which gives you an advantage. Blocking would, of course, reduce damage, meaning that someone who is blocking would be much less likely to be knocked down.
2.A Explosions should also be very likely to knock people down, since that's just what explosions do.

3. Starting gear. Not a lot, just a few bean cans, a water bottle or 2, some bandages (if added), and maybe a random item or 2 from a pre-determined list, to help players get through that initial stage of playing on the server immediately after joining without just starting to starve. After all, If you had no food or water, how would you even be alive in the wasteland to start?

4. OOC muting: Basically, instead of disabling OOC, at any time, any player could type /OOCMute, toggling their ability to see OOC chat. It allows people who don't want to see OOC to disable it, while allowing others who do want to use it for legitimate purposes or general conversation to continue doing so. (A win-win the way I see it.) Meta could still be reported to admins who have their OOC muted, so this option wouldn't really cause any problems from a management standpoint.

5. New Armor: There are plenty of ragdolls/playermodels out there, so new armor types should be fairly straightforward to make.
5.A Power Armor: The ragdolls/playermodels exist, so why not. An even more expensive step up from juggernaut, but cooler looking and maybe 5-10% better, with a slightly better speed than juggernaut, and maybe a carry weight bonus. Of course, it would require quite a few servos to make (4-Cool, and some electronic boards (1-2). There could also be multiple aesthetic varieties. I.E: Enclave, T45D, T51B.
5.B Combat Armor: There are some nice winterized combat armor models up on workshop. They could be retextured (Or not, they look good either way), and set to be the best possible armor not requiring armor plates, directly between Riot and Urban Combat armor in protection.
5.C Stealth Armor: There is a model for this on workshop. Makes the player harder to see. (Semi-Transparent, not invisible. That would be incredibly overpowered) Would have similar damage resistance to riot armor, but would be more expensive and require electronic boards and possibly some kind of projector item to craft.

6. Mac11 fix: The Mac11 is currently set to do 16 damage, less than any 9mm gun (except the Glock, which it's equal to I think) on the server, despite the fact that it is firing a .45 caliber round, which is considerably more expensive (in game) and effective than a 9mm round. It should do closer damage to the M1911, with 20, 22, or 24 damage, being either equal to or slightly less than the M1911 in power, as the 9mm submachine guns are to 9mm pistols. (Not asking for a realism buff here. Just a balance buff for consistency.) Alternatively, you could just change it's caliber to 9mm, also fixing the consistency error, but that would be at the loss of an easily obtainable .45 SMG.

Thanks for reading the new Text-Wall. Have a nice day.

Edit: (4-Cool means (Four to Eight). Accidentally triggered some kind of emoji/emoticon with 8 and ).

Last edited by DCWasteland3r on Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:50 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bizzclaw
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: New Suggestions. (These are actually fairly creative and good)   Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:23 am

That's the exact opposite direction of where I'm trying to go with weapons.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frostburnt.com/
Tactical Bacon

PostSubject: Re: New Suggestions. (These are actually fairly creative and good)   Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:56 am

What is this, CS:GO? People get TERRIBLE frames in Garry's Mod, and sometimes, lag compared to other source games like CS:S, CS:GO, Insurgency, etc. (some) Maps are huuuuge and big ass maps aren't good for PvP, especially if there's other stuff, NPCs, entities, props, a lot of other players etc. Now you take that and you shove it into a combat environment where you die quickly and it doesn't really become fun.

Oh, and melee charges don't work against rifles. FUBAR's tried them against me, and I've tried them against him. It didn't really work out for the both of us. Although he did get two shanks on me I believe... It (might?) work if you time it perfectly and get the element surprise against an opponent who is utterly unprepared for what is to come. Otherwise it doesn't work. Full frontal charges? Please, almost NO one does that, it takes 15 shots from the Sako to kill a dude in juggernaut armor (assuming if you place ALL of the shots in his chest), that with 750 RPM, you can kill a dude pretty fast... But I do suppose you can do a charge with support from a grenade launcher during lag.

So tl;dr frames are for some people, really bad. By really bad I mean under 30 FPS, combined with lag and sooper dedly booletz it won't be really fun. And people are still really easy to kill. Just takes more shots than your average sooper tekitkull shewter. You and your opponent are on a equal playing field.

Never pet a burning dog.

Feels fuckin' good to kill I guess.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DCWasteland3r

PostSubject: Re: New Suggestions. (These are actually fairly creative and good)   Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:16 am

Ok then. fair enough. Basically the response I expected.

OmegaHaxors

PostSubject: Re: New Suggestions. (These are actually fairly creative and good)   Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:10 pm

Some of the guns are actually extremely effective:

• The raging bull has 90% accuracy and 50ish base damage
  • The PP Bizon has a huuuuuge clip (over 60!!!)
  • The sniper rifles all have high base damage and 100% accuracy
  • The P2232 pistol makes next to no sound when firing suppressed making it perfect for keeping a low profile

It's just a matter of finding which gun is for you. Do you prefer getting the most bang for your bullet or would you rather spray and pray? Do you sacrifice accuracy for fire speed? How long of a distance are you comfortable fighting at?

Playing on a single player or listen server with the FA:S 2 Alpha Sweps addon is your best bet, just take the stats with a chunk of salt as some of the weapons are changed. I know the KS is changed to a slug-based shotgun that deals 120 damage into a 5 shot that does 25 damage per pellet.

As far as realism goes, do you really think 3 pistol shots to the body is going to kill somebody? Seriously? The only way that would even seem realistic is if the only firearm you've ever shot was in COD. Believe it or not the human body has a sturdy constitution. There's even some people who've been shot absurd amounts of time at point blank and lived. Honestly the only thing you have to worry about a bullet doing is either hitting a major vein or causing excessive blood loss over time. Obviously this is a video game and blood loss isn't a thing so that's why most bullets have a high base damage and the whole blood loss thing is ignored.

Oh, and a shot to the head hurts both in game and in real life. You can't recover lost brain cells from a chunk of lead razing through.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tactical Bacon

PostSubject: Re: New Suggestions. (These are actually fairly creative and good)   Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:59 pm

90% accuracy is terribad at 150 yards, but pistols aren't even supposed to be fired at people at that range. Raging bull can really put the hurt on enemies, but I doubt you're going to get all shots on them. With it's firerate, you're most likely going to loose against people with rifles.

I don't believe that all sniper rifles have 100% accuracy, but most have above 97% which is pretty darned good. And not to mention some pretty high recoil.

And as for that little pistol, it has LOW damage, and slapping on a suppressor just makes it even more of a pea shooter. Sure, it might work against lightly or no armor opponents, but if you're going up against someone who has common sense, you shouldn't even be using the damned thing. The damage is so low, I don't even think an entire magazine can kill someone if they're wearing riot. Maybe if they're all headshots. Quiet shots don't really matter since the bullets are going to be highly ineffective.

Never pet a burning dog.

Feels fuckin' good to kill I guess.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OmegaHaxors

PostSubject: Re: New Suggestions. (These are actually fairly creative and good)   Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:15 am

The pistol damage output may be low but it's more than enough to kill small targets with a clip. Slapping on a suppressor only reduces your damage by 1 or 2 points since the base damage is so low.

Where the stealth pistol really plays is when you're based somewhere hidden and you don't want to attract a whole lot of attention to yourself with fire arms. Obviously you're not going to be using this thing to take out people in appropriate armor. Pistols aren't power players, they're side arms. It's still nice to sneak in a few shots with your stealth pistol before you go in with an SMG or AR.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alaska XCIII
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

PostSubject: Re: New Suggestions. (These are actually fairly creative and good)   Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:39 pm

While I will agree that the silenced pistol is a terrible weapon, I do use it quite a lot during silent raids, and I raid A LOT. That's pretty much all I do. I mean, I have a bandit faction for Christ's sake lol

PostSubject: Re: New Suggestions. (These are actually fairly creative and good)   Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:56 pm

OmegaHaxors wrote:
As far as realism goes, do you really think 3 pistol shots to the body is going to kill somebody? Seriously? The only way that would even seem realistic is if the only firearm you've ever shot was in COD. Believe it or not the human body has a sturdy constitution. There's even some people who've been shot absurd amounts of time at point blank and lived. Honestly the only thing you have to worry about a bullet doing is either hitting a major vein or causing excessive blood loss over time. Obviously this is a video game and blood loss isn't a thing so that's why most bullets have a high base damage and the whole blood loss thing is ignored.

I actually remember seeing a chart about this a while ago. According to that, a 9mm weapon will incapacitate (Not necessarily kill, but make incapable of fighting) a person with 1-3 shots, usually averaging out to about 2. While there are people who have survived being shot much more than 3 times, they're an exception to the rule. Like bath-salts guy from a couple years ago. I heard it took 6 shots to take him down. On postnuke, it takes 6 shots to kill a regular class (100Hp) , without armor, with a p226, which is what my main issue with the current damage system was. I'm obviously not going to push my revised damage as an idea, since no one likes it, but no, I didn't get my info from COD, and I actually have fired handguns in real life, so I have a bit of knowledge on the subject. Not claiming to be an expert of course. I have a couple (hopefully) better suggestions in the works though.

Editing the OP with my new suggestions.

Last edited by DCWasteland3r on Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bizzclaw
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: New Suggestions. (These are actually fairly creative and good)   Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:45 am

No double posting.
Also sorry to whoever's post I deleted... that was an accident.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frostburnt.com/
Mushroom
1st Forum Overlord
1st Forum Overlord

PostSubject: Re: New Suggestions. (These are actually fairly creative and good)   Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:13 pm

Yeah jamz, stick it to the double poster!

Comrade Yakov

PostSubject: Re: New Suggestions. (These are actually fairly creative and good)   Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:19 am

I read "New Suggestions. (These are actually fairly creative), and all I see is first-choice material, seemingly inspired from DayZ. Don't get me wrong, these ideas are pretty viable, but you told me they'd be creative.  Evil or Very Mad 

DCWasteland3r

PostSubject: Re: New Suggestions. (These are actually fairly creative and good)   Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:39 pm

SpRaY_N_PrAy wrote:
I read "New Suggestions. (These are actually fairly creative), and all I see is first-choice material, seemingly inspired from DayZ. Don't get me wrong, these ideas are pretty viable, but you told me they'd be creative.  Evil or Very Mad 

Ok. Just to start this off, I've never played DayZ. But, from what I've seen, none of these are that close to it. From what I understand, any attack in DayZ will cause bleeding, and it's not based on a 3-level percentage-chance based system. As for the knockdown from being shot or melee'd, I haven't seen many systems like that implemented in games. As well as that, I've never seen optional OOC muting implemented into a gmod server. So what I'm trying to get at here is that even though these posts aren't the most innovative thing you've ever seen, they are, in my opinion, *fairly* creative, as I said in the description. Not groundbreaking, just more creative than some other suggestions I've seen.

New Suggestions. (These are actually fairly creative and good)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1