HomeFrostburntCalendarFAQSearchUsergroupsLog inRegisterMemberlistContent
Share | 

Much needed changes (PLEASE READ)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
jsshinoda

PostSubject: Much needed changes (PLEASE READ)   Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:38 am

For now I am just going to post ideas of changes that are much needed involving war and resources and so on so forth.

RESOURCES:
I was being told James reduced the resource nodes to increase the difficulty but I think it was reduced way too much. Today, within the span of two hours, I have only found one chemical resource node using an airboat and driving around for hours and hours. Within the span of TWO FUCKING HOURS, I got 150, 200, 100 and I have scavenge 3 and I broke down a lot of loot. Before, within the span of an HOUR I got 1000, 600, 600. This is all from scavenging 24/7. I think you should go in between of how the resource nodes used to spawn and how they now currently spawn because this is hard even for me. This is ridiculous if you expect a newbie to instantly pick this up and know how to be persistent about scavenging properly. Especially with the factor that they don't HAVE scavenge skill points yet nor do they have an airboat. I am not asking to be able to see nodes every 5 feet but I don't want to have to drive to each end of the map just to find a node.
tl;dr: Increase spawning of resource nodes please.

WARS:
Wars are just irrefutably irritating now. I believe there should be a better system to take account for wars. Not just to see the pendings, but to see which one of your members killed another member of the faction, to know you are in war without having to look at the menu or getting a quiet text notification, and to think of some ways to reduce the extreme wars. Recently I got into a war with Bandits, Golden Cross, and Deadline and I am not even sure how it started. I don't even know where or what started it. None of my members knew what happened or how the war started nor did they say they ever did anything to start it. It's irritating, I wish I knew which member did what. My faction isn't even a warmongering faction, I don't want to fight wars with a faction I can't tend to daily because I'm too busy with real life. I know some players stay offline or huddle in spawn but it's because this server doesn't attract PVP players, it attracts players who just want to play, allowing some players with little to no PVP potential. This allows other factions filled with PVP potential players to just mow down other factions and causing them to be the main reasons for most of the wars. Plus for the factor that the wars usually start because one idiot on the faction because trigger happy is ridiculous.
Ideas: I think there should be a post saying why that faction is going to war with you or to have a strike system. Where after three acts of war then war starts so one idiot does cause the death to 20 other players. There just has to be something to counter-act some wars though because most wars are just caused by bullying or something small due to one player in the faction slipping up.
(Edit: I think there should be a coding system that rewards winners and losers based on the kill counts or maybe items lost or the reason can be chosen.... but I think there should also be a system preventing countless useless wars just because of one slip up is all)
(IF YOU CAN PLEASE PLACE OTHER IDEAS IN THE COMMENTS BELOW)

Reasons for a hit:
I feel like there should be a post about the reasons to give a hit, because I recently heard how someone placed a hit on another guy just because he was holding out his gun nearby him. I think that's somewhat extreme and ridiculous and some people like to keep their gun out for protective reasons. I could be holding my gun out to shoot an animal trying to attack him/her.

TL;DR: I just think the violent activities are rocketing too much and the resource node issue isn't helping.. I know it's part of the server but I think it's getting to the point where it's way too much. Especially for the wars, there should just be better ways to know the causes to the war, how to stop so many wars, and prevent other NON PVP potential factions from getting mowed down.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chess
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

PostSubject: Re: Much needed changes (PLEASE READ)   Sat Aug 16, 2014 4:12 pm

I mean, with the drastic drop of resources, it promotes the use of grubs and miners more.

mathew95597

PostSubject: Re: Much needed changes (PLEASE READ)   Sat Aug 16, 2014 4:28 pm

If we even put the sonic miners or grubs out we are dead anyways because there are people who will want it badly and will kill for it.....seen that happen once a long time ago.

I'd say fix the nods a bit at least make it you know a bit more like two or three just to help the new players get into the sever. I can see why he did it but it is dialed a bit lower then it should be.....but I am not the one to give out anything because it is what Bizz decides and I love his work. He has done a lot to this sever.

Mathew -Lone Scout
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Opsan
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: Much needed changes (PLEASE READ)   Sat Aug 16, 2014 4:45 pm

Thank you so much, the hits system needs improvement.

xxrokboddemgaemz:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bat

PostSubject: Re: Much needed changes (PLEASE READ)   Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:52 pm

New here. Yes, I've read most of the postnuke rules.

As a noob, I feel great that I get to talk about this. This helps to gain a general understanding of new players, and how to not scare them off.

The resources are hard to come by, even as a scavenger. I understand wanting to bring down collection for the well leveled players, but it's killing off the new guys (I would have been, but I have a friend on here). I love my fair share of difficulty, but within realistic boundaries.

As a person who got bounty-hunted on his second day for not handing over all of his things, I feel the reasons for a hit need to be brought to a giant, alien-probe-preparing light.

I hope this helps, I also hope I didn't sound whiny or depressing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OmegaHaxors

PostSubject: Re: Much needed changes (PLEASE READ)   Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:26 pm

Honestly the way resources were balanced is completely backwards.

NERF SCAVENGER

Honestly you would have to be fucking retarded not to use this class. I understand each class gets it's own thing and scavenger gets resources but the difference between scavenger and non scavenger is stunningly high. Without scavenger you are lucky to get 100 chems from a node. With scavenger getting over 500 is a common occurrence. It's so bad that it's faster to get a car by going scavenger, and then switching back to engineer when you have the resources. The 10% penalty is not even close to enough to make up for the loss of resources you get from NOT using scavenger. Not to mention they also get increased move speed which is useful for literally everything. There's a reason why over half of the server uses this class at any given time.

As far as the PVP stuff goes at this point you have two types of players:

Those who don't give 2 flying fucks about PVP and just want to play the game

and

Those who have every gun and item in the game and have nothing better to do than pick fights with lower level players looking for every loophole in the game to start one.

As long as this conflict of interests exists, PVP is always going to be broken.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jsshinoda

PostSubject: Re: Much needed changes (PLEASE READ)   Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:47 pm

As far as the PVP stuff goes at this point you have two types of players:

Those who don't give 2 flying fucks about PVP and just want to play the game

and

Those who have every gun and item in the game and have nothing better to do than pick fights with lower level players looking for every loophole in the game to start one.

As long as this conflict of interests exists, PVP is always going to be broken.[/quote]

There can still be well thought out rules and plans to help counter act those issues with PVP. Just the thought process required to be put into figuring out how it can be done is the issue.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bizz
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Much needed changes (PLEASE READ)   Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:10 pm

I haven't touched the resources, so either someone lowered their maximum count without telling me, or you just got unlucky.
Also you haven't seen my post regarding wars, have you?

Oh and don't you all forget that I didn't make this gamemode, the resource system, the class balances, ect, I didn't set them up that way. I've just never thought to change it since TBU already had it done, but honestly, the balancing is a bit off, and I'd love to re balance it but I have my hands full. I don't think you all understand the amount of work I already put into the gamemode, and the amount of time it takes up for me. On top of that I have to deal with admin situations and I'm still struggling with graduating High school.

In other words, I'd like to make tons of changes, but I'm all alone in developing all of this. You guys should have some respect for that, or else I'm going to just stop all together. I can see that your all dissatisfied with some things, but you're acting as if I NEED to change this, but in all reality, I don't need to do anything. I've already done so much. Don't forget.
You want to know the full extent of what I've done? Please, join the official TBU server and try to play on it.

https://www.gametracker.com/server_info/206.217.143.17:27015/

I don't want to hear anything else from you guys until you have. Got it?

Last edited by Bizzclaw on Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frostburnt.com/
Alaska XCIII
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

PostSubject: Re: Much needed changes (PLEASE READ)   Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:42 pm

JAMES WHAT DID I TELL YOU ABOUT THE BOUNTY BOARD WHY IS THIS NOT A THING

PostSubject: Re: Much needed changes (PLEASE READ)   Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:19 pm

Bizzclaw wrote:
I haven't touched the resources, so either someone lowered their maximum count without telling me, or you just got unlucky.
Also you haven't seen my post regarding wars, have you?

Oh and don't you all forget that I didn't make this gamemode, the resource system, the class balances, ect, I didn't set them up that way. I've just never thought to change it since TBU already had it done, but honestly, the balancing is a bit off, and I'd love to re balance it but I have my hands full. I don't think you all understand the amount of work I already put into the gamemode, and the amount of time it takes up for me. On top of that I have to deal with admin situations and I'm still struggling with graduating High school.

In other words, I'd like to make tons of changes, but I'm all alone in developing all of this. You guys should have some respect for that, or else I'm going to just stop all together. I can see that your all dissatisfied with some things, but you're acting as if I NEED to change this, but in all reality, I don't need to do anything. I've already done so much. Don't forget.
You want to know the full extent of what I've done? Please, join the official TBU server and try to play on it.

https://www.gametracker.com/server_info/206.217.143.17:27015/

I don't want to hear anything else form you guys until you have. Got it?

And I appreciate your time and work but people will talk about things they need or changes that must be done because that's how it works, it's basically our way of informing you of what we want. It's not that we don't appreciate it, just when you start giving us what we want like you've done before, we become more demanding of what we really want in order to hope that it changes and becomes to our liking. So.... sorry.

Either way thank you for what you have done and I didn't see your war post till AFTERWARDS, I did read it but what has been bothering me is the fact... well I'll post it on your post.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Much needed changes (PLEASE READ)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1