HomeFrostburntCalendarFAQSearchUsergroupsLog inRegisterMemberlistContent
Share | 

Ideas for a revamped cscdesert

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ameno-Sagiri
Ban

PostSubject: Ideas for a revamped cscdesert   Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:58 pm

POLL HAS BEEN CANCELLED. WE HAVE DECIDED TO REMOVE VAULT 15. STAY TUNED.
We have found out how to decompile and recompile cscdesert successfully, as seen by the new foggy cscdesert (Entspy did not work to add fog since the map was never compiled with a fog controller)

Bizzclaw added HDR lighting and whatnot.

I have some more ideas for the map, the problem is the map is close to the brush limit (Physical geometry of the map).

In order to accomplish these ideas, something with a lot of brushes needs to be sacrificed. This is where the vote comes into play:

Remove:
A: Military Bunker (The large one with the camera room and the blast doors and lifts)
B: Vault 15

In exchange for removing one of these, we can do some of these things:
A: Add a better bunker its place, we're thinking the bunker from rp_apocalypse under the gas station.
B: Revamp the town. Redoing all the geometry of it, and generally making it much nicer looking.
C: Add more buildings all over the desert, or maybe even another town. It's too bare.
D: More random bits and bobs to the map

Some other things we have in mind is adding more bumps to the wasteland, and changing the textures of the sand. Also planning on adding ambient winds and noises to the desert that play constantly when you're outside.

So throw out a vote on which to remove. Tell us why if you want.

I personally don't like Vault 15. Can't really explain why. Maybe it's that slow vault door and climbing that shitty ladder to get in and out.

Last edited by Ameno-Sagiri on Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:36 pm; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bizzclaw
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for a revamped cscdesert   Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:01 pm

CSCdesert is one of the community's favorite maps. Now with these enhancements it can finally be everyone's favorite. I'll admit, I hate CSCdesert without fog, but adding the fog and adding more buildings is making it one of my favorites, second to tr_wasteland (rp_apocalypse)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frostburnt.com/
StormySunrise

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for a revamped cscdesert   Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:56 pm

Hunter camp?
tents and such around a campfire, Scrap pit, a large scrapyard filled with cars and other bits of trash, nuclear waste dump near the mines?

117'th Legion Remnant

99% Caustic Chloride Mustard Gas Toxic 24/7
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chess
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for a revamped cscdesert   Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:21 am

More buildings would be nice. Or revamped town.

RedCloud

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for a revamped cscdesert   Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:33 am

I dunno to what extent you can edit the map bizz, but what if, instead of just having that 1 lonely stretch of road, the part of the road opposite of spawn thats just full of a bunch of debris would open up to another part of the map, like maybe a massive town or something like the buildings from cityruins. Also perhaps add some subway railroad lines, like the ones from the extended version of cityruins, perhaps even having some entrances interlock with the entrances from that new rp_apocolypse bunker you said you were thinking of adding, and have the subway tunnels be easy ways for players to traverse the map without the fear of radstorms, but with the fear of massive hordes of fast zombies rushing at you from a dark corner like what happened to me so many times on the extended version of cityruins...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bizzclaw
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for a revamped cscdesert   Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:46 am

Sounds epic red cloud, but it's impossible.
GG Source engine.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frostburnt.com/
Rezzy

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for a revamped cscdesert   Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:32 pm

I've never liked CSCdesert. Option C might finally make it interesting.

Jeff Belinger

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for a revamped cscdesert   Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:34 am

What I'd like to see on the map is more desert vegetation and a body of water so we can have Mirelurks on the map. They are my favorite mobs to hunt and to look at. I just love watching Mirelurks walking in and out and around water, as if they were guarding eggs deep at the bottom...

This gives me a new idea for another topic.

But yea, vegetation and water body please.

HUEG BLAK DOODS
having good rp doesnt make one fit for staff duties, especially if said people are always playing with the same small group of people and no one else. staying in an echo chamber only makes your own words reflected back to you and whoever else is in the chamber. people applying for staff need to not only know the staff, but also how the playerbase can react to interactions between itself, the general staff base and the applicant
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for a revamped cscdesert   Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:46 pm

Add more buildings all over the desert, or maybe even another town. It's too bare.

And a body of water like Jeff said.
Back to top Go down
DCWasteland3r

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for a revamped cscdesert   Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:37 pm

Ok, my input on this, both the bunker and vault are some of the coolest places on the map, but if absolutely needs to be destroyed, destroy the bunker. As for adding new stuff, I'd like to see a town (Possibly based on fallout 1 or 2), and a water body. (Town 1st Water 2nd.) Also, another cool thing for the map would be to have more item spawns in ruins, such as food, medkits, ammo, electric components, and the occasional weapon, but less node spawns on the map. It would make scavenging old buildings more rewarding, and make driving through the wastes grabbing resources less "OP" as some people say. As for the vault, if you do keep it, you should try removing the main door's auto-closing feature, and make it lockable. That will prevent quite a few non-rp deaths.

Ideas for a revamped cscdesert
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1