View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
JebbyFloorwax

PostSubject: [Approved]Removal of ban |Jerry|   Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:19 pm

Server:  Pastanoodle Postnuke

Your SteamID: U:1:86247520

Your RP Name: Jerry Florez

Date of incident: 8/26/14 Late night

Time of incident (HH:MM 24hr):Dunno exact time, Sorry.

Time Zone:PST

Please explain exactly what happened from start to finish: I'm walking around and I see Silent spawning his Helicopter. We started talking and messing around when he finally started to fly off. I chucked a couch at his vehicle and he blew up. A few minutes later I get banned for hitting his Heli with a couch. Turns out Silent wasn't even mad, He thought it was funny.

If you have any evidence to support this report, please give it here:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Artem

PostSubject: Re: [Approved]Removal of ban |Jerry|   Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:38 pm

I agree i was killed in when he did that but it was a joke and I thought it was funny and so did silent and everyone deserves a second chance so +1 for me.

Edit: I just notice you put Postanoodle XD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jsshinoda

PostSubject: Re: [Approved]Removal of ban |Jerry|   Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:13 am

It might seem funny to you guys, but the staff members see it at RDM and breaking the rules. When someone breaks the rules we don't take it as 'oh they are being silly and having fun', it's an insta kick/ban. Just notifying you to be more careful. I can't lift the ban but what would make this ban appeal look better is if you got silent to comment on this post agreeing that he thought it was funny and what you say is true.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Silent

PostSubject: Re: [Approved]Removal of ban |Jerry|   Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:01 am

jsshinoda wrote:
It might seem funny to you guys, but the staff members see it at RDM and breaking the rules. When someone breaks the rules we don't take it as 'oh they are being silly and having fun', it's an insta kick/ban. Just notifying you to be more careful. I can't lift the ban but what would make this ban appeal look better is if you got silent to comment on this post agreeing that he thought it was funny and what you say is true.

Okay I think he should be unbanned and I didn't care I was killed I didn't even have anything on my anyway Razz silent Razz Razz Razz

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Patrick McPatterson

PostSubject: Re: [Approved]Removal of ban |Jerry|   Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:23 pm

jsshinoda wrote:
It might seem funny to you guys, but the staff members see it at RDM and breaking the rules. When someone breaks the rules we don't take it as 'oh they are being silly and having fun', it's an insta kick/ban.

I used to have this mentality when I ran my own server a while ago. It killed the population. People would join and start killing eachother and it turns out they are friends and are just dicking around. When it comes to player interaction it's best to not get involved in stuff unless somebody actually complains. There are exceptions of course to this but you shouldn't just ban for something without getting a story first.

Bizzclaw
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: [Approved]Removal of ban |Jerry|   Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:49 am

This ins't a build server, and it doesn't matter if they're your friends. Rules are rules, and expecting staff members to see a situation such as that and to assume that it might be "Friends messing around" when they already have to deal with so many other things makes no sense; it's not fair to our staff members to put on such a display of rule breaking and expecting them not to take action. Rules are rules, and friends or not, if you do not respect these rules then you are not respecting the server and you are subject to whatever punishment you are given.

Besides, what if someone else sees someone phys gunning a prop into a helicopter, sees no action taken against it (because the admins permitted it as it was just friends dicking around) and assumes that this sort of thing is allowed? It then causes a whole new problem, and when that person does something that someone wasn't punished for and then they're punished for that action, they will be confused. This will anger them and makes them want to leave the server hurting the population and our reputation even more so.

Now since this is your first ban, if you can get Contact of Silent Ghost (Yourself, I'm not doing it) and get him to post in this thread by next Saturday then your banned will be changed to a two week ban. This is my finale offer.

I hope everyone reads this and understand my stance on these sort of situations. Thank you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frostburnt.com/
Patrick McPatterson

PostSubject: Re: [Approved]Removal of ban |Jerry|   Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:32 am

Implying it being a build server has anything to do with it. If people want to dick around with their friends I say let em. Do you know how many times Fubar and I would have been banned if this actually held true? We "RDM" each-other and the other people in our group (Spanish Dan, Alaska etc.) multiple times over the course of playing on the server. And if other people start to imitate it then it's their own damn fault for not being able to think for themselves.

Back on topic Silent already posted in the thread, just unban him it was 1 moment of shenanigans that got taken WAY too seriously by somebody who was just a little to ban happy. Seriously, get a story from somebody and talk to them before you just go banning them.

SilentGhost

PostSubject: Re: [Approved]Removal of ban |Jerry|   Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:10 pm

Why do i need to post on this i wasnt even there

Opsan
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: [Approved]Removal of ban |Jerry|   Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:39 pm

It wasn't SilentGhost, Bizzclaw. It was just regular Silent, and he already posted.

xxrokboddemgaemz:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
JebbyFloorwax

PostSubject: Re: [Approved]Removal of ban |Jerry|   Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:05 pm

When I see someone phys-gun a Helicopter, I assume it's aloud. I never see anyone phys-gun Helicopters and I always see people roleplay. When I play Postnuke, I get a good 60 fps. The maps? The maps are grade A
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Opsan
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: [Approved]Removal of ban |Jerry|   Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:26 pm

^2012

xxrokboddemgaemz:

Back to top Go down
View user profile

[Approved]Removal of ban |Jerry|
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1