HomeFrostburntCalendarFAQSearchUsergroupsLog inRegisterMemberlistContent
Share | 

These forums, in retrospect are like some kind of spanish soap opera

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: These forums, in retrospect are like some kind of spanish soap opera   Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:15 am

The only thing that's missing is the hot maid. Tensions run high, people get angry, madness occurs, ariba, ariba! ANDELE! ES MUY BUENO, más, más, muy entretenido para mí!

Oh what will abuela say next.

Either way, all kinds of bullshit happens and we all cry and laugh and cry some more and laugh and laugh and ban everyone and cry and laugh and put zippers and belts and panels and belts and zippers and belts and pockets and zippers and belts and wings that stretch for miles and belts and pockets and thank god for me.

Now not to name names, but some of them were extremely unapproachable, and I feared for my virtual life constantly when in their precence. Sure they tolerated me, but that's because I never really did anything other than run around and scavenge for hours and hours and then stand around their base they had made, and stared at people. You should have seen them go off on people, it was almost always one-sided shouting at whoever it was being directed at, and it was an increasingly intense, starting as matter-of-factly, escalating to And take this, and shove it up your ass+5 tone of voice, more intimidating them as a means of addressing a situation in a very angry, imposing voice.

Another was why I never built a base and only outposts because I didn't want to be raided over putting a door over a shack and putting up furniture. They were scary too.

When people come to this server, they're not looking for fun even if they think they are. They're looking for a sense of power, a sense of belonging and commerade-ereerery. Well that's what I've seen from people. You think I'd take any shit from people if I didn't have a consistent 700 ping? Naw, I'd mow down anyone that utters 'get away from the chem- BLAWOBWLAWBLAOW' and call it a day if I had my way. You think I care about you cause I'm nice? You're mistaken, it's because I can't fight you without dying.

It's mainly because I despise people in general, and the major reason why I don't ask to join groups nor accept faction invites. I'll accept a temporary allegiance if it is beneficial to me, but seriously, if you're expecting me to want to go scavenging with you, IE me show you where things are so you can take it all up, ha. Eat shit.

Though I digress, I seemed to have spiraled into a dark place for a moment. It must be from constantly having no chemicals due to people. Spanish Soap Opera. A real circus you got here and I got two night show tickets. It's a peaceful quiet, when it's not the high hours of time. You can just stand around in a town and decorate it for hours without being bothered by a single person. I like it, it's a lot like gardening, except faster and less hard to fail because the ground's not right and mostly clay. Tis why you recycle tires and fill them with potting soil.

I dunno I guess I'm like a cat or something

Back to top Go down
BlankJones
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: These forums, in retrospect are like some kind of spanish soap opera   Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:51 pm

Tellis the rouge. I like it. Hehehhe
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aesop

PostSubject: Re: These forums, in retrospect are like some kind of spanish soap opera   Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:22 pm

You started talking about the forum.

Then the.. staff I think?

Then the community in the game? Sad

I AM LOST
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mathew95597

PostSubject: Re: These forums, in retrospect are like some kind of spanish soap opera   Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:16 pm

I got lost.....halfway though on what Tellis was talking about.
Like the cat pic.....I miss my cats since now I am in college. Sad

Mathew -Lone Scout
Back to top Go down
View user profile
StormySunrise

PostSubject: Re: These forums, in retrospect are like some kind of spanish soap opera   Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:17 pm

Shit Nigga this is too true
Telly wrote:
When people come to this server, they're not looking for fun even if they think they are. They're looking for a sense of power, a sense of belonging and commerade-ereerery. Well that's what I've seen from people. You think I'd take any shit from people if I didn't have a consistent 700 ping? Naw, I'd mow down anyone that utters 'get away from the chem- BLAWOBWLAWBLAOW' and call it a day if I had my way. You think I care about you cause I'm nice? You're mistaken, it's because I can't fight you without dying.

I usually am real nice and help out new players, give em a melee weapon and let em go out into the wasteland, but I got problems of my own so I just tell them to ask someone to find me if they need aid. But if you even fuck ONCE with people Im allied with and like in game you are gonna get a 50.cal of twisted justice in your head. well I guess im saying that postnuke is THE power struggle, you fight you are happy and like your example "a spanish soap opera" where bandidos run free and shoot up your local town.

Also you seem to be saying you are a underdog in the server (because you have a historical plague called the Stormy-Shitternet). Never have seen you online in awhile.

117'th Legion Remnant

99% Caustic Chloride Mustard Gas Toxic 24/7
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rezzy

PostSubject: Re: These forums, in retrospect are like some kind of spanish soap opera   Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:25 pm

I bet an actual soap opera based on this server would be amazing.
¡Muy caliente!

PostSubject: Re: These forums, in retrospect are like some kind of spanish soap opera   Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:54 pm

the key is to be extremely vague and only say your opinions when your sanity wanes.

or like
Back to top Go down
Bizzclaw
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: These forums, in retrospect are like some kind of spanish soap opera   Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:09 pm

A lot of issues end up being solved on the teamspeak, but they're then neglected and die in the forums. This is sort of my fault for not elaborating when these situations are resolved and giving the outcome so some topics don't seem like they end with everyone being angry. The teamspeak is the heart of this community, not the forums (this is probably the reason we're still around) and it's a much friendlier place in my opinion. I encourage anyone who's been on the forums for a bit to hang out on our teamspeak aswell.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frostburnt.com/

PostSubject: Re: These forums, in retrospect are like some kind of spanish soap opera   Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:41 pm

Ah see there's a problem for me. The TS dies around... 12am and comes back around 2pm-4pm. Very Happy These are just the primetime hours and that's why I miss them. Ain't nobody on the TS when I can get on it :T
Back to top Go down
Mushroom
1st Forum Overlord
1st Forum Overlord

PostSubject: Re: These forums, in retrospect are like some kind of spanish soap opera   Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:03 pm

All I can say is with how management is now you guys should be ready for the golden days, Forstburnt seems to be getting better and better.

mathew95597

PostSubject: Re: These forums, in retrospect are like some kind of spanish soap opera   Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:07 pm

TeamSpeak....I feel shy when I am on that for some odd reason....maybe because I can't hang out with the developers without saying stupid things that come to my head and ask a lot of questions about how you do things. I am impressed by the way Bizz on how the sever is going man.

Mathew -Lone Scout
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coront
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: These forums, in retrospect are like some kind of spanish soap opera   Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:16 pm

That Nintendo WWE gif is amazing XD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mushroom
1st Forum Overlord
1st Forum Overlord

PostSubject: Re: These forums, in retrospect are like some kind of spanish soap opera   Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:45 pm

And also when I made the forums I was watching a lot of soap operas so that's probably why.

Tactical Bacon

PostSubject: Re: These forums, in retrospect are like some kind of spanish soap opera   Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:47 pm

Tellis Argonis wrote:

Personally, I think people get on the server to have fun. How to get this fun you say? Some people get their fix by various methods. Most people I know are just people who sit around hoping some asshole decides to base so they can raid them or declares war on them so they have something to do. Because you know, PvP. That's usually why you don't see me on the server. There's not much PvP on the server, granted, if I'm bored out of my mind I'll get on and scavenge or whatever you people still do on the server. I'm either stuffing cookies in my face while I watch videos or screaming at people in CS:GO because of 64 tick servers... Or whatever they blame in CS:GO.

Oh yeah, and I typically don't get on the teamspeak because I become anti-social when I get home for some reason. I dunno.

Never pet a burning dog.

Feels fuckin' good to kill I guess.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

These forums, in retrospect are like some kind of spanish soap opera
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1