HomeFrostburntCalendarFAQSearchUsergroupsLog inRegisterMemberlistContent
Share | 

Massive Stuttering on Server

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Icefrenzy

PostSubject: Massive Stuttering on Server   Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:30 pm

Alright so I decided to return to PostNuke after awhile and noticed that there seems to be a massive lag/stutter
for me (Kind of like when Gmod is loading content in). Not sure if its the PAC3 or something else but I tried to play
the maps the server is using on single and no lag. I'm also sure its not my PC since I run heavier performance games (Planetside 2 and such)
in high graphics settings.

Anyways, anyone else having this issue and does anyone have a solution?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bizz
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Massive Stuttering on Server   Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:52 pm

This was an issue a while ago, and I remember having quite the headache fixing it and now no one else is getting it but you now. That's strange. here, try turning off the music system because that's what was doing it. If that does fix it, let me know and I'll optimize the music system again. If it doesn't' help then I'm honestly not sure, but I'll look into some causes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frostburnt.com/
Icefrenzy

PostSubject: Re: Massive Stuttering on Server   Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:17 pm

Alright, it seems that the lag was stopped when I disabled all Music. There's still some fps dropsif that matters.
I also have to bring up that the lag with the music wasn't there back when I last played (Somewhere during Summer, I forgot when >.>)
but I do recall hearing FO3 soundtrack on my wandering.

In any case I hope you get the lag/stutter problems fixed soon. Smile

Last edited by Icefrenzy on Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:18 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling/Grammar fixes)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bizz
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Massive Stuttering on Server   Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:02 am

It's something to do with the zoning system I made, the system is accessing a table with all of the zones in it and checking your position and seeing if you're within the bounds of any of the zones. I'm not getting any stuttering from it, but other's might. I thought I fixed it as well because it's now gone for me and most people, but I guess not all. I think I'm just going to do some more localization of files and optimize some things and it should be fixed. I'll make a post on the forums when it is so you know when music is safe to use again.

EDIT:

Okay I'm VERY certain that I got it THIS TIME!
Next time you get on, turn on music and confirm it with me if you can. Turns out it had nothing to do with the zoning system, it was something else I derped on, but the zoning system made it more prominent.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frostburnt.com/

Massive Stuttering on Server
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1