HomeFrostburntCalendarFAQSearchUsergroupsLog inRegisterMemberlistContent

Share | 

Tips for gitting gud at PAC3, and subsequently accepted for the whitelist faster

Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Tips for gitting gud at PAC3, and subsequently accepted for the whitelist faster   Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:49 pm

I've noticed that a massive amount of players that apply for PAC3 don't actually have the plugin. This disturbs me.

Have a picture of PACs you've used? post it.: No
Have a picture of PACs you've used? post it.: Not currently
Have a picture of PACs you've used? post it.: N/A
and on and on and on.

It takes less than two minutes to get the plugin for most people.
https://github.com/CapsAdmin/pac3 (There's no installation instructions, basically just paste into your Gmod folder, the contents of the download.)
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=104691717
http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1251238

Once you've got it, the best way to learn is from hands-on experience. But I'm gonna tell you some basics.

You can use your spawning menu's options to open up the PAC3 editor, or hold C and push the big Pac3 button. From there, you'll have a single group listed as 'My Outfit' that's set to be owned by your playermodel. You should right click on it and make groups for individual parts of the body, like head, chest, back, and so on, because it can get confusing where you last had a model and you see it's messed up.

Here's how I do most of my part placing. (Right clicking on the group and pushing the Model button will spawn a model, by default it will allign to your playermodel's head bone.)

My Outfit:

You can set the part order however you wish, making big chains of models off of one but the example shown is a more optimal setup that allows you to make future edits easily if you so desire.

Now, to change the model of the default sphere, you click on the model in the PAC menu where the model in question is, (It will highlight when you mouse over it in the menu) and click on the [...] button on the Model category. In the PNRP server you must right click the model in the spawnlists and select 'Copy model ID' but with the latest version of PAC3 you simply have to click the model and it'll replace the default model. From there it's a simple matter of repositioning, resizing, and repeating until you're satisfied with what you have.

And to make sure that my outfit at least was seen by the most amount of people, I only used Gmod builder props and HL2 (Not either of the episodes) props. For this reason you should refrain from using a lot of TF2 models, as not everyone has it mounted to their Gmod. Their textures are also very bright and saturated and it just seems out of place for a lot of them.

I don't like converting third party models to .obj (because I forgot how to) and it feels like a bit of a copout when I can do the work myself and make what I want. But I can link you to where CapsAdmin made guides for them if you want.

If you have more questions about more advanced things about PAC such as jigglebones, particles, proxies, and other things, feel free to ask. (Not effects tho. There's absolutely no UI elements for editing those and I need to do research on how to make effects. )
Back to top Go down
Bizz
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Tips for gitting gud at PAC3, and subsequently accepted for the whitelist faster   Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:39 am

And I thought I was the only one who organized their pacs like that. Good tips.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frostburnt.com/
Coront
Ban

PostSubject: Re: Tips for gitting gud at PAC3, and subsequently accepted for the whitelist faster   Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:00 pm

After awhile I started to organize my PAC's like that too, seemed like the menu was a bit claustrophobic without having things grouped
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bizz
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Tips for gitting gud at PAC3, and subsequently accepted for the whitelist faster   Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:46 pm

Oh I just updated PAC, now you can click on models in the spawn menu and they'll change the PAC model.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frostburnt.com/
StormySunrise

PostSubject: Re: Tips for gitting gud at PAC3, and subsequently accepted for the whitelist faster   Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:44 pm

Theres always also the option to ask another regular on the server on tips & tricks on pac3 (there is a thread made by ameno on the forums explaning model porting somewhere). I will probably help anybody with pac3 as long as it isnt 100% teaching them how to use it.

117'th Legion Remnant

99% Caustic Chloride Mustard Gas Toxic 24/7
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tips for gitting gud at PAC3, and subsequently accepted for the whitelist faster   

Back to top Go down

Tips for gitting gud at PAC3, and subsequently accepted for the whitelist faster
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Fallout Decay :: Fallout Decay General Discussion-
Jump to: