HomeFrostburntCalendarFAQSearchUsergroupsLog inRegisterMemberlistContent
Share | 

[Accepted]Telly's Official Moderator Application

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: [Accepted]Telly's Official Moderator Application   Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:00 am

Now, let's lay out why I was even made a mod in the first place.
On account of being Tanuki's temporary waifu I was mistaken as being Tanuki by Bizz, and I don't blame him. I did follow her everywhere and RPd with her whenever I could and I had tons of fun.
Character was a dickgirl, but whatever, whatever.

And then, in some kind of sleep deprived stupor, Bizzclaw gave me a moderator title after asking if I was a moderator a long time ago, and I said 'no, but I answered to one', and bam, moderator. It's been almost two weeks since then. And during off hours of the week days, I kept the peace fairly well. There was only 2-3 instances of trouble, one was Action Bastard being Action Bastard, another was telling someone that their base was illegal and to remove the airlock it had at it's entrance. Third was kind of a non issue 'Hey that house is too close to spawn' thing.

The high time of the server is clearly on the weekend, and as such, the most of the bullshit happens at that time. There's also probably at least 2 admins on whenever everyone gets on so it's not important, whatever.

Now for legitimacy, ho.

In-game Name: Always a variation of the name 'Telly'.

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:44663338

Have you donated: Not with money, because I'm a poor bastard. But I have been recommending people come to the server for the longest damn time whenever they ask me about Gmod servers.

Where are you from/time zone: Eastern Mountain Time. (East Coast timezone but I'm on as much as possible)

How long have you played: Since June 2013

How did you hear about FF: I randomly found it while looking for servers in the browser one day and it was exactly what I was looking for in a server.

How old are you:19

Do you have a microphone: Yes. And I've got a better one on the way.

Do you know any of our Moderators/Admins: Take in mind, it IS always in flux and I have no fucking idea if people are still admins or not. Bizzclaw, Armeno, Mushroom, Bacon, I know that Emperor fuck is a superadmin but I don't know him or have seen that character before tonight.

Have you played on any of our other servers: I haven't had any reason to because I hate Trouble in Terrorist Town for deep personal reasons.

Why you wish to be Moderator: To keep the peace and keep minges from destroying everyone's fun and what do you want me to say, really though. What the fuck you want me to say. Why does ANYONE want to be a moderator. It's like asking why does someone want to become a volunteer firefighter. It's always going to be for a semblance of power and the ability to protect and hold together better a community of kids that love nothing better than to play out their power fantasies of living in an apocalyptic wasteland and then be king of shit mountain. I love this server. I also hate it deeply, but to love something truly, you must despise it, right? Whatever.

What can you offer for us as an Moderator: A level head in player interaction disputes involving two or more parties and the willingness to listen to both sides of a story before administering moderator decisions.

Anything else you want to add: The Jeff incident. I lost my shit. I'll admit that. But that tends to happen when the game fucks me and then a player fucks me more. If it was some mob that somehow murdered me I'd blame myself but it's just the sauce engine and it's random bullshit that buttblasts people at the worst of times. I had also been awake for a long fucking damn time, mainly playing PostNuke. Besides I only kicked him for being a cunt stealing shit from an invalid death because GGsauzngin and your random moments of retardation and damnit I was pissed, alright. Don't act like you're perfect and let your emotions aren't a deciding factor in your moderations but this is far from 'You annoyed me slightly, three day ban.' If I banned everone that annoyed me, I'd have banned Tenno at least three times now, Opsan for making mouth sounds, and about seven other people for being dicks.

I don't expect this to be a winning moderator application but fuck, I'm being honest here, isn't that what you wanted. I also don't fuck around when it's important, and I listen to people and then decide, rather than deciding at the beginning and then not giving a fuck about what they say because I've already decided.
Back to top Go down
Opsan
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted]Telly's Official Moderator Application   Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:46 am

+1 Good stuff, Telly.

xxrokboddemgaemz:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jeff Belinger

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted]Telly's Official Moderator Application   Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:52 am

+1, but only as long as you get some sleep at regular time. Sleep deprivation is a bitch, don't do it. Talking with personal experience.

HUEG BLAK DOODS
having good rp doesnt make one fit for staff duties, especially if said people are always playing with the same small group of people and no one else. staying in an echo chamber only makes your own words reflected back to you and whoever else is in the chamber. people applying for staff need to not only know the staff, but also how the playerbase can react to interactions between itself, the general staff base and the applicant
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted]Telly's Official Moderator Application   Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:32 pm

I have been getting plenty of sleep. Though it's mainly cos my home internet's been extra crap lately and I can't access the server when I want. Looks like I'll have to drink cokes and stay up late more to capitalize on night data.

Hopefully, Biz, the person who each day reminds me more of how Disney depicted Merlin in their movies, gives feedback on this application.
Back to top Go down
Rezzy

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted]Telly's Official Moderator Application   Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:22 am

+1, you seem to be one of the most self-aware and honest people on this server. You'd probably make for a good impartial judge for when bullshit arises.

Bizzclaw
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted]Telly's Official Moderator Application   Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:16 am

I don't see why not, you're on all the time and you're in the teamspeak.
Sorry it's taken me so longto come to a decision, but I've been very busy lately with school, and I've been trying to take a break from running things lately (I've been playing Skyrim for the last three days if you can call that a break).
[Accepted]
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frostburnt.com/

[Accepted]Telly's Official Moderator Application
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1