HomeFrostburntCalendarFAQSearchUsergroupsLog inRegisterMemberlistContent

Share | 

A Question on Editing Maps for Post Nuke Server

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Grymestone

PostSubject: A Question on Editing Maps for Post Nuke Server   Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:26 am

Since this isn't a suggestion I've decided to put this here. I'd like to edit a map or two or make one for this server and I figured out how to make maps in SDK. My question is how do you import a map to edit it and is there anything I need to add special to a map if I want to make one for this server. I've looked around and can't find an explanation on how to do this. I've never made one before but I'd like to play around with it and maybe make one for the server. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bizz
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: A Question on Editing Maps for Post Nuke Server   Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:28 pm

there's nothing special, all of the resource/mob spawns are handled by the Gamemode and spawn points that are placed in-game. as for editing maps.. unless you have a raw VMF that was released by the maker of the map, there's nothing you can do. Decompiling them is possible, but it's generally a bad idea and causes issues, generally making a recompiled map unplayable. Oh and word to the wise, we intend to eventually only use snow maps, so it would be best to make your map winterized, or at least make a winter version.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frostburnt.com/
Grymestone

PostSubject: Re: A Question on Editing Maps for Post Nuke Server   Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:04 pm

Alright thanks looks like Ill need to make a map. This might take a while lol.

View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Question on Editing Maps for Post Nuke Server   

Back to top Go down

A Question on Editing Maps for Post Nuke Server
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Fallout Decay :: Fallout Decay General Discussion-
Jump to: