HomeFrostburntCalendarFAQSearchUsergroupsLog inRegisterMemberlistContent
Share | 
 

 Trading Post, more community options and couriers

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
RedCloud

avatar

Posts : 291
Join date : 2014-07-04

PostSubject: Trading Post, more community options and couriers   Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:31 pm

currently, the community options are pretty bare boned. I would like more options politically when dealing with other factions, kinda like civ 5. Maybe a
trade agreement system, where lets say if i was trading the eastern chapter 5 chems per watermelon for 5 watermelons a day, so automatically every day it takes 25 chems out of the stockpile, and you put the melons in a new community thing that you can craft called a trading post, where they put in 5 melons a day and its automatically moved to the receiving section of my trading post. The trading post is a non-raidable item that can be placed in front of a base. The model can be just a mailbox on a stand. The prices are player made, and every time the price changes, say eastern changes it from 5 chems to 8, the other faction is notified of this change and asked if this is ok. If i click ok, then thats the new exchange rate. If i click no, then it wont go through. This will make sure that a faction doesnt all of a sudden try to make the price 5000 chems and then clear out a stockpile for a melon. There can also be a down payment sort of system, where i can pay 10 of each for every old world dollar, and everytime someone puts one in the trading post, it gets sent to my trading post and 10 of each gets sent to their stockpile. Its not only limitted to resources aswell. You can for example, set up a trade where for every conglomerate armor you receive, you give the sender an assortment of weapons and ammo. Or for every servo you give, you receive one electronic board. This could form an intricate network of vital trading networks that could be interesting.

maybe, just maybe as well, and this a completely somewhat related suggestion, there could be scavenger couriers who deliver the mail from post to post. Although, when a courier accepts the job, he enters "courier mode" where his inventory is locked, his weapons are inventoried and he cant equip anything. He also has a slight outline around his nameplate, marking him a courier. When a player sees the courier, he has the option to rob him for his cargo. This way, the courier will have to be extremely sneaky and stealthy to avoid being robbed and to complete the job and get paid. This can lead to very nice rp situations, and maybe even lead to players creating delivery service factions with squads of couriers delivering cargo from trading post to trading post. since the couriers cant defend themselves, wastelanders can be hired by the delivery director or the courier to defend the trading squads if they run into any undesirable personel
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pripyat

avatar

Posts : 65
Join date : 2014-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Trading Post, more community options and couriers   Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:42 pm

RedCloud wrote:
currently, the community options are pretty bare boned. I would like more options politically when dealing with other factions, kinda like civ 5. Maybe a
trade agreement system, where lets say if i was trading the eastern chapter 5 chems per watermelon for 5 watermelons a day, so automatically every day it takes 25 chems out of the stockpile, and you put the melons in a new community thing that you can craft called a trading post, where they put in 5 melons a day and its automatically moved to the receiving section of my trading post. The trading post is a non-raidable item that can be placed in front of a base. The model can be just a mailbox on a stand. The prices are player made, and every time the price changes, say eastern changes it from 5 chems to 8, the other faction is notified of this change and asked if this is ok. If i click ok, then thats the new exchange rate. If i click no, then it wont go through. This will make sure that a faction doesnt all of a sudden try to make the price 5000 chems and then clear out a stockpile for a melon. There can also be a down payment sort of system, where i can pay 10 of each for every old world dollar, and everytime someone puts one in the trading post, it gets sent to my trading post and 10 of each gets sent to their stockpile. Its not only limitted to resources aswell. You can for example, set up a trade where for every conglomerate armor you receive, you give the sender an assortment of weapons and ammo. Or for every servo you give, you receive one electronic board. This could form an intricate network of vital trading networks that could be interesting.

maybe, just maybe as well, and this a completely somewhat related suggestion, there could be scavenger couriers who deliver the mail from post to post. Although, when a courier accepts the job, he enters "courier mode" where his inventory is locked, his weapons are inventoried and he cant equip anything. He also has a slight outline around his nameplate, marking him a courier. When a player sees the courier, he has the option to rob him for his cargo. This way, the courier will have to be extremely sneaky and stealthy to avoid being robbed and to complete the job and get paid. This can lead to very nice rp situations, and maybe even lead to players creating delivery service factions with squads of couriers delivering cargo from trading post to trading post. since the couriers cant defend themselves, wastelanders can be hired by the delivery director or the courier to defend the trading squads if they run into any undesirable personel

This whole idea is really awesome I hope it gets added besides the couriers not being able to wield weapons and the inventory locked thing seems pretty stupid to me. Kinda like "I have a m249 and I'm delivering something important but I can't use my m249 because I'm a courier!" see how stupid that sounds?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RedCloud

avatar

Posts : 291
Join date : 2014-07-04

PostSubject: Re: Trading Post, more community options and couriers   Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:21 pm

Pripyat wrote:
"I have a m249 and I'm delivering something important but I can't use my m249 because I'm a courier!" see how stupid that sounds?

well then i feel like it would heavily discourage the use of bodyguards to help deliver a package, basically making any really stacked player who happens to be a scavenger both a courier and a guard. also it would then just turn into a game of "keep walking from A to B while fully protected by yourself" and thats no fun. removing the ability to access your inventory while in courier mode would make things interesting, and make players think differently than how they usually play.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CaptnSmurf

avatar

Posts : 147
Join date : 2014-07-13

PostSubject: Re: Trading Post, more community options and couriers   Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:36 pm

This sounds amazing!

__________________________

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Validtarget
Ban
avatar

Posts : 520
Join date : 2013-10-14

PostSubject: Re: Trading Post, more community options and couriers   Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:35 pm

RedCloud wrote:
maybe, just maybe as well, and this a completely somewhat related suggestion, there could be scavenger couriers who deliver the mail from post to post. Although, when a courier accepts the job, he enters "courier mode" where his inventory is locked, his weapons are inventoried and he cant equip anything. He also has a slight outline around his nameplate, marking him a courier. When a player sees the courier, he has the option to rob him for his cargo. This way, the courier will have to be extremely sneaky and stealthy to avoid being robbed and to complete the job and get paid. This can lead to very nice rp situations, and maybe even lead to players creating delivery service factions with squads of couriers delivering cargo from trading post to trading post. since the couriers cant defend themselves, wastelanders can be hired by the delivery director or the courier to defend the trading squads if they run into any undesirable personel
Feel like this would be better if instead of having a courier deliver packages you would put the package in a vehicle. The vehicle would have a mail sign above it meaning it is holding cargo. Raiders would be able to see this, ram the car, flip it, kill the driver and steal the car. To get the package though a player would have to place a community locker and click a button that says transfer cargo from car and the cargo would be transfer. If the car is to arrive there safely. The marked courier can remove the package from the vehicle and whoever he is delivering it to can put down a community storage and have the items transfered. The courier's only option would be to transfer the package. He wouldn't be able to rob the storage. Either way I just down see a courier mission such as this. Personally I would rather just trade with a person or drop off what Im giving him in secret

__________________________
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=269979474
When I see this if I try to join the server, it comes as a relief to me. Relief of not being afraid of being framed for tons of shit I didn't do. Relief for not being afraid of messing up a rule. Relief for not having to deal with the admins of Frostburnt. And relief to go to a server where my shots kill stuff, people don't hate me for no reason, and where I can do whatever I want and be treated like a normal person, not a rat held under a microscope under so much pressure to not mess up.

User has been permanatly banned from these forums for the reason "Doesn't want to be here" by Bizzclaw - Honestly I should of banned you a long time ago. And you say you're tired of being treated like "A rat under a microscope"? Sorry, but you've duped, exploited and RDM'd. What did you expect?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jeff Belinger
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 1023
Join date : 2013-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Trading Post, more community options and couriers   Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:49 pm

That's such a clusterfuck and overly complicated. Jesus Christ, I make trades so much fucking easier than this. This is overcomplexifying a very simple thing of Postnuke and turning it into a nightmarish system that would rely on unnecessary infrastructures we don't even need.

You want a trade stand? Make one with props and save it with Adv dupe, dingus

Also, this looks so easily exploitable. I could see Sparta and the Legion using these thing to get taxes from people every day by getting people to pay their price or get their asses raided into oblivion

__________________________
Gyro count highscore: 5
You saw a chemical bin? WHERE!?!?!?!?!!!!

HUEG BLAK DOODS
having good rp doesnt make one fit for staff duties, especially if said people are always playing with the same small group of people and no one else. staying in an echo chamber only makes your own words reflected back to you and whoever else is in the chamber. people applying for staff need to not only know the staff, but also how the playerbase can react to interactions between itself, the general staff base and the applicant
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RedCloud

avatar

Posts : 291
Join date : 2014-07-04

PostSubject: Re: Trading Post, more community options and couriers   Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:33 pm

Jeff Belinger wrote:
That's such a clusterfuck and overly complicated. Jesus Christ, I make trades so much fucking easier than this. This is overcomplexifying a very simple thing of Postnuke and turning it into a nightmarish system that would rely on unnecessary infrastructures we don't even need.

You want a trade stand? Make one with props and save it with Adv dupe, dingus

Also, this looks so easily exploitable. I could see Sparta and the Legion using these thing to get taxes from people every day by getting people to pay their price or get their asses raided into oblivion

the fucking hell are you going on about? im saying it would be a fun mission for couriers and would even be able to cut some time on really mundane trades between 2 factions. whats so clustefuck about every week or every few days, a courier being paid to transport stuff to another faction in a fun and interesting mission mode, or are you against having fun as well? it would also provide another option for factions to interact with eachother, instead of the standard friend or fuck you up options we have.

Validtarget wrote:
Raiders would be able to see this, ram the car, flip it, kill the driver and steal the car. To get the package though a player would have to place a community locker and click a button that says transfer cargo from car and the cargo would be transfer. If the car is to arrive there safely. The marked courier can remove the package from the vehicle and whoever he is delivering it to can put down a community storage and have the items transfered. The courier's only option would be to transfer the package
i don't like the "see the mail symbol over the car" as that was the complete opposite of what i wanted. if it were that way, every time a trade was going down every raider and their dog would come running to that all to familiar mail box sign and the trading would be none existant. i only wanted it to be marked on the nameplate in a semi-noticable outline, so that raiders dont absolutely wreck every trade that goes down.
and ya see, you're solution is for as many stealable things to be put down as possible.
noooot really what i had in mind...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bizzclaw
Founder
Founder
avatar

Posts : 1632
Join date : 2013-05-07

PostSubject: Re: Trading Post, more community options and couriers   Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:09 am

Why would I code a complicated system like this? Hire couriers and do it yourself in RP, perhaps? If I did what you wanted, it would take weeks to get working in code, not to mention that it destroys potential RP from giving couriers jobs dynamically.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frostburnt.com/
Jeff Belinger
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 1023
Join date : 2013-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Trading Post, more community options and couriers   Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:14 am

Bizzclaw wrote:
Why would I code a complicated system like this? Hire couriers and do it yourself in RP, perhaps? If I did what you wanted, it would take weeks to get working in code, not to mention that it destroys potential RP from giving couriers jobs dynamically.

This. This is exactly what I tried to convey, but explained better

__________________________
Gyro count highscore: 5
You saw a chemical bin? WHERE!?!?!?!?!!!!

HUEG BLAK DOODS
having good rp doesnt make one fit for staff duties, especially if said people are always playing with the same small group of people and no one else. staying in an echo chamber only makes your own words reflected back to you and whoever else is in the chamber. people applying for staff need to not only know the staff, but also how the playerbase can react to interactions between itself, the general staff base and the applicant
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RedCloud

avatar

Posts : 291
Join date : 2014-07-04

PostSubject: Re: Trading Post, more community options and couriers   Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:13 am

Bizzclaw wrote:
Why would I code a complicated system like this? Hire couriers and do it yourself in RP, perhaps? If I did what you wanted, it would take weeks to get working in code, not to mention that it destroys potential RP from giving couriers jobs dynamically.

Hmm... ya i suppose i see what you mean. The courier idea anyway was just a really, REALLY experimental, i was just testing the waters so to speak.
how about the trading idea? To be honest i dont care too much for thr courier idea, it was just a passing thought
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rezzy
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 92
Join date : 2013-10-21

PostSubject: Re: Trading Post, more community options and couriers   Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:25 pm

There're a great many things that can be done with RP that would take too much time and effort to code in. Use your imagination guys!

__________________________
Only those who will risk going too far can possible find out how far one can go.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://reddeadrezzy081.deviantart.com/
DCWasteland3r

avatar

Posts : 526
Join date : 2014-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Trading Post, more community options and couriers   Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:15 pm

I like the idea of couriers and more advanced community relationships, but I'm not for the idea of making the courier a sitting duck. Artificially making things harder by making players unable to do things they normally could isn't the best idea in my book.

__________________________
I'm back bitches!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jeff Belinger
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 1023
Join date : 2013-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Trading Post, more community options and couriers   Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:49 pm

Guys guys guys... Listen, GUYS!

What if, i know it sound crazy... Come on guys, listen.

What if the Scavenger is a class that's already perfect for that?

__________________________
Gyro count highscore: 5
You saw a chemical bin? WHERE!?!?!?!?!!!!

HUEG BLAK DOODS
having good rp doesnt make one fit for staff duties, especially if said people are always playing with the same small group of people and no one else. staying in an echo chamber only makes your own words reflected back to you and whoever else is in the chamber. people applying for staff need to not only know the staff, but also how the playerbase can react to interactions between itself, the general staff base and the applicant
Back to top Go down
View user profile
 
Trading Post, more community options and couriers
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Warframe Trading Post
» 230USD of packaged Orks.
» Star Trek figures playsets, scale starships & action figures
» Grade 12s who are going on to play post-secondary, AAA/AA/A
» Online games/ MMO options

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Fallout Decay :: Suggestions/Bugs/Technical-
Jump to: