HomeFrostburntCalendarFAQSearchUsergroupsLog inRegisterMemberlistContent
Share | 

A Small Change to the PAC model restrictions:

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
DCWasteland3r

PostSubject: A Small Change to the PAC model restrictions:   Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:25 pm

This is a pretty simple one. As you all know base models for PAC are restricted to citizen models only. This would all be ok, but it makes it impossible to attach any kind of 5-fingered ragdoll to your PAC, such as Breen or Gman for suits, since the citizen models don't have the same hand bones. Basically, if you try to bonemerge, you get infinitely long hand blades.
My solution: Allow just 1 5-fingered playermodel (Gman or Breen would be best) to be used as a base for PACs. It allows players a greater variety of options for creating their PACs, requires minimal effort to implement, and wouldn't encourage PAC abuse.
-Thanks for the reading. I tried to make it less Textwall-ish this time.

Max Winters

PostSubject: Re: A Small Change to the PAC model restrictions:   Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:15 pm

I think every pac3 model should be whitelisted and bizz should just blacklist the animal ones since that is why he only allowed citizen models in the first place.

Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: A Small Change to the PAC model restrictions:   Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:05 am

Max Winters wrote:
I think every pac3 model should be whitelisted and bizz should just blacklist the animal ones since that is why he only allowed citizen models in the first place.

So you're saying I should allow people to be boxes, barrels, weapon props and other various misfitting objects that would not only make the gamemode unfair for people abusing it in this way, but also allow them to fit into places they shouldn't be able too?

The only way to do it is a whitelist, and it's not even a list, it's just a string check that looks to see if the model name contains "models/players/group03/". Besides, I already know I'm adding more models to it, but that's nowhere on the radar of priorities for me right now, so please just be patient.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frostburnt.com/
DCWasteland3r

PostSubject: Re: A Small Change to the PAC model restrictions:   Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:22 pm

Bizzclaw wrote:
Besides, I already know I'm adding more models to it, but that's nowhere on the radar of priorities for me right now, so please just be patient.

Oh, if you're already working on it, then forget I asked. Thanks for the info.

Max Winters

PostSubject: Thanks!   Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:05 pm

Bizzclaw wrote:
Max Winters wrote:

So you're saying I should allow people to be boxes, barrels, weapon props and other various misfitting objects that would not only make the gamemode unfair for people abusing it in this way, but also allow them to fit into places they shouldn't be able too?

The only way to do it is a whitelist, and it's not even a list, it's just a string check that looks to see if the model name contains "models/players/group03/". Besides, I already know I'm adding more models to it, but that's nowhere on the radar of priorities for me right now, so please just be patient.

Thanks so much for at least working on it I know your busy and everything. This is something I've wanted for a long time!

A Small Change to the PAC model restrictions:
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1