HomeFrostburntCalendarFAQSearchUsergroupsLog inRegisterMemberlistContent
Share | 

[Resolved]Ban Appeal for Action Bastard

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
StaresAtRectangles

PostSubject: [Resolved]Ban Appeal for Action Bastard   Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:45 am

Server: The FBF Postnuke server.

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:80091257

RP name : Action Bastard

Date of incident: 10 - 3 - 14

Time: Around 10:00pm Western time zone

I do not feel that I deserve to be banned for the RDM that Antony Cyberpunk and his two friends would have you believe. Especially considering that I wasn't even present this morning to speak on my behalf while two other people were tattling on me. I assume the admin that issued my ban was Rebecca, because she's the admin online as I was writing this appeal. At any rate, I was driving
across the map on csc_desert trying to get two new players from point A to point B when I notice three people huddling around the entrance to one of the undergrounds (the one that has my base and all my grubs in it). so my natural response is to drive over there and check my base as soon as possible. Low and behold, the grubs are gone and I was raided. I could identify Antony so chased him down as fast I could and shot him. After all, the rules CLEARLY state that a reasonable basis to kill someone is when they raid you, and I hadn't died yet. I still hadn't died yet, and this is the controversial part, when I then returned to spawn to confront him again about returning the grubs (it hadn't dawned on me that he just killed them). Now, I'm well aware that spawn killing is against the rules, but based on how I have been treated in the past, calling people names and being a "general nuisance" is also apparently against the rules, and is enough to warrant a kill. I disinctly remember Antony berating me after threatening him by him shouting "get rekt, get rekt, get rekt," so couldn't that be enough to warrant a kill? I don't think shooting his buddies nearby changes anything if they were trying to defend Antony by shooting me, which resulted in me defending myself from them. you could also count that as a sort of NLR had Antony no recollection of raiding a base. I only argue this point because Jeff Belinger happens to be equally guilty of perpetrating basically the exact same scenario: I took "his" combine box, he demanded I return it, I said no, he kills me, spawn killing ensues governed only by the highly exploitative word "nuisance," which can apparently mean anything at all including name calling. Perhaps the reason Jeff isn't banned is because I let it go instead of waiting an entire day to track down an admin and report him for something that happened yesterday, or perhaps the reason Jeff isn't banned is because he's above the law (just speculating here). I'm not going to argue that I didn't spawn kill, but what I'm trying to say is that spawn killing didn't matter, due to a loop hole rule that permits me to kill Antony at the spawn for being a nuisance to me. If you're going to ban me, then It would only be fair to ban Jeff too. I don't even want Jeff to be banned, what I really want is for someone to re-consider how the sixth rule is written so that it doesn't blatantly conflict with other rules, and can't be interpreted in any way, almost reminds me of the patriot act. Another non-clarity is how the NLR rule works. If a victim is killed, he cannot revenge kill, but if a perpetrator kills someone, does he have to just forget who he just killed? can he continue to kill the same person for the same reason? And what if the reason people kill each other isn't because of any of the listed RP reasons, but because someone is try to argue that you should banned, and you don't agree with their standpoint. I don't know about you, but if I had more firepower than the other guy, I would find that to be a nuisance.

Please un-ban me, I have grubs to rebuild. I also don't know the duration of the ban.

Last edited by StaresAtRectangles on Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheLakePanther

PostSubject: Re: [Resolved]Ban Appeal for Action Bastard   Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:09 pm

First off, the reason you killed me you stated because of mugging, not for the reasons you said in which i have proof of in my screenshots i posted. Also, DC was the one who killed you, not me. and just because it was at spawn doesn't really mean anything. we did not have intentions of killing you util you fired at us. Also, I do have recollection of raiding the base, i was just curious as to how you knew.

PostSubject: Re: [Resolved]Ban Appeal for Action Bastard   Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:14 pm

Doesn't quite matter that I stated another reason If you were still breaking the nuiscance AND the raid rule, and I hadn't died yet. And don't try to bullshit me by saying I can't prove that it was you. There were only three people there and you were one of them. The time that elapsed between me seeing you right outside my base and me checking my base was less than a minute. tops.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheLakePanther

PostSubject: Re: [Resolved]Ban Appeal for Action Bastard   Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:19 pm

It still doesn't excuse that you killed me because you tried to mug me. That's the reason you stated... And also, what are these rules that i broke?

Last edited by TheLakePanther on Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rebecca
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: [Resolved]Ban Appeal for Action Bastard   Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:20 pm

First of all I wasn't the one who banned you. Secondly you seem to deserve the ban anyway considering you think mugging is allowed AND you spawn kill. Even when people are at war it doesn't give them any right to spawn kill so what makes you think you have the right to just because someone hurt your feelings.

StaresAtRectangles

PostSubject: Re: [Resolved]Ban Appeal for Action Bastard   Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:22 pm

Your screenshot post doesn't include the fact that I had the right to kill you for raiding me. It only shows that I tried to mug you, which is against the rules. Your evidence is not sufficient because it tells a different story.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jeff Belinger
Donator

PostSubject: Re: [Resolved]Ban Appeal for Action Bastard   Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:23 pm

-1 because you dont seem to understand that Mugging is against the rules. ask any staff or veterans of the game. Chris and pretty much everyone in the Legion and the Spartans can tell you that you done fucked up.

not only did you try to mug and RDM them, I also recall you trying to steal my truck. I might just be a Spartan Worker, but you cannot fuck with an ally. I don't trust you in-game because of the few things i seen you do. half the time i hear of you its because you have been trouble to people

*edit*:now you are literally saying that you had the right to kill them after they killed you in their raid. you broke NLR SEVERAL TIMES.

I suggest the ban to be prolonged

HUEG BLAK DOODS
having good rp doesnt make one fit for staff duties, especially if said people are always playing with the same small group of people and no one else. staying in an echo chamber only makes your own words reflected back to you and whoever else is in the chamber. people applying for staff need to not only know the staff, but also how the playerbase can react to interactions between itself, the general staff base and the applicant

Last edited by Jeff Belinger on Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:25 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : my fucking sides)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
StaresAtRectangles

PostSubject: Re: [Resolved]Ban Appeal for Action Bastard   Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:29 pm

Rebecca wrote:
First of all I wasn't the one who banned you. Secondly you seem to deserve the ban anyway considering you think mugging is allowed AND you spawn kill. Even when people are at war it doesn't give them any right to spawn kill so what makes you think you have the right to just because someone hurt your feelings.

Someone didn't JUST hurt my feelings, and I didn't JUST mug anyone, that's what I'm trying to argue. Nor am I accusing rebecca of anything other than being completely ignorant of what actually happened JUST because the other person produced evidence that only proves what I said, and not what I did, nor does it prove what THEY said or did.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
StaresAtRectangles

PostSubject: Re: [Resolved]Ban Appeal for Action Bastard   Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:32 pm

Jeff Belinger wrote:
-1 because you dont seem to understand that Mugging is against the rules. ask any staff or veterans of the game. Chris and pretty much everyone in the Legion and the Spartans can tell you that you done fucked up.

not only did you try to mug and RDM them, I also recall you trying to steal my truck. I might just be a Spartan Worker, but you cannot fuck with an ally. I don't trust you in-game because of the few things i seen you do. half the time i hear of you its because you have been trouble to people

*edit*:now you are literally saying that you had the right to kill them after they killed you in their raid. you broke NLR SEVERAL TIMES.

I suggest the ban to be prolonged

They did not kill me in their raid. it was silent. stealing trucks is not worthy of a ban, and you also killed me after that inccident. You also committed mass RDM in the past, but in real life there are no second trials. don't warp the truth.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
StaresAtRectangles

PostSubject: Re: [Resolved]Ban Appeal for Action Bastard   Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:38 pm

Both of you are so angrily concerned with my ban that neither of you even mention the point that I made at that end, and that is that one of the rules is a loop hole that can be used to kill someone just for talking to you in a negative way, because doing so is a nuisance. The rule has to be provoked. There are plenty of times I can remeber when people follow me around even if I don't want them to, but I don't just shoot them, because that might be RDM. you can't have a rule that conflicts with other rules
I
Back to top Go down
View user profile
StaresAtRectangles

PostSubject: Re: [Resolved]Ban Appeal for Action Bastard   Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:45 pm

StaresAtRectangles wrote:
Rebecca wrote:

Someone didn't JUST hurt my feelings, and I didn't JUST mug anyone, that's what I'm trying to argue. Nor am I accusing rebecca of anything other than being completely ignorant of what actually happened JUST because the other person produced evidence that only proves what I said, and not what I did, nor does it prove what THEY said or did.

Funny how you mention that you don't trust me Jeff, because I feel the exact same way about you. Getting worked up over combine drops and demanding that someone stole your drop, and that they should give it back to you (also known as mugging) Isn't the best way to make a first impression. The only time I hear about you, is from behind a locked door.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rebecca
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: [Resolved]Ban Appeal for Action Bastard   Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:47 pm

There may be a "loop hole" or whatever your excuse is for spawn killing but its still against the rules. How do you not understand this? You openly admitted to breaking a rule then you call me ignorant? Oh the irony.

Coront
Supreme Forum Overlord
Supreme Forum Overlord

PostSubject: Re: [Resolved]Ban Appeal for Action Bastard   Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:57 pm

ohgod quadruple post
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheLakePanther

PostSubject: Re: [Resolved]Ban Appeal for Action Bastard   Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:57 pm

Oh baby a quad!

PostSubject: Re: [Resolved]Ban Appeal for Action Bastard   Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:58 pm

Rebecca wrote:
There may be a "loop hole" or whatever your excuse is for spawn killing but its still against the rules. How do you not understand this? You openly admitted to breaking a rule then you call me ignorant? Oh the irony.

No YOU, do not understand that I can technically be following and breaking the rules at the same time due to a loop hole.
If the rules state that I can kill someone for being a nuisance to me, and I act on that rule even though i'm next to the spawn. Well than which rules prevails over the other?

If you want to get EXTREMELY technical than I didn't spawnkill, considering Antony stepped over the barricade labeled "Outpost 1" and preceeded to interact with me right outside the spawn.

My definition of spawn killing is to sit at the spawn and shoot someone as they immediately spawn, which is not what I did. You think I'm calling you ignorant of the rules, you are ignorant of the incident. How could you not be if you hadn't witnessed it. that would be what evidence is for, but his evidence is bad evidence.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coront
Supreme Forum Overlord
Supreme Forum Overlord

PostSubject: Re: [Resolved]Ban Appeal for Action Bastard   Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:59 pm

Directly outside of spawn, is still spawn, she's talking about the general area.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
StaresAtRectangles

PostSubject: Re: [Resolved]Ban Appeal for Action Bastard   Sat Oct 04, 2014 1:01 pm

TheLakePanther wrote:
Oh baby a quad!

Just going to leave this here Coront.

http://www.frostburnt.com/h8-ban-appeals

"can other people post in my unban request? Yes, but if and only if they are providing a substantial and relevant opinion."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rebecca
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: [Resolved]Ban Appeal for Action Bastard   Sat Oct 04, 2014 1:06 pm

Still trying to justify breaking the rules. Your idea of spawn killing and the rules idea of spawn killing are very different. Let me make this clear. There is NO loop hole. You cannot spawn kill no matter the situation, ever. Common sense is a huge factor here and none was used.

Coront
Supreme Forum Overlord
Supreme Forum Overlord

PostSubject: Re: [Resolved]Ban Appeal for Action Bastard   Sat Oct 04, 2014 1:07 pm

This is relevant, I'm simply informing you of the place on the map that would still count as "Spawn".

If you want me to give my opinion so much, then -1 for getting un-banned because you are:

Disrespecting staff, admitting to breaking the rules, and double+ posting.

And, you are quoting the wrong person. I did not say "Oh baby a quad!", my original post saying you quadruple posted is still relevant because it is against the rules to double+ post.

So there, thats my opinion on the matter.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
StaresAtRectangles

PostSubject: Re: [Resolved]Ban Appeal for Action Bastard   Sat Oct 04, 2014 1:20 pm

Rebecca wrote:
Still trying to justify breaking the rules. Your idea of spawn killing and the rules idea of spawn killing are very different. Let me make this clear. There is NO loop hole. You cannot spawn kill no matter the situation, ever. Common sense is a huge factor here and none was used.

No I am not trying to justify breaking the rules. One of YOUR rules already justifies breaking the rules. Maybe you ARE ignorant of the rules, I don't know. Why do you think I would admit to spawn killing? could it be because "owning up" to what I did could help me?

I'm assuming you read this page? haven't you? You are an admin.

http://www.frostburnt.com/h8-ban-appeals

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coront
Supreme Forum Overlord
Supreme Forum Overlord

PostSubject: Re: [Resolved]Ban Appeal for Action Bastard   Sat Oct 04, 2014 1:23 pm

Please point out which rule justifies this.

I would like to know
Back to top Go down
View user profile
StaresAtRectangles

PostSubject: Re: [Resolved]Ban Appeal for Action Bastard   Sat Oct 04, 2014 1:26 pm

Coront wrote:
Please point out which rule justifies this.

I would like to know

Maybe you should read my previous posts. -__-
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rebecca
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: [Resolved]Ban Appeal for Action Bastard   Sat Oct 04, 2014 1:29 pm

Admitting to breaking a rule helps the admins yes, but it doesn't mean that you get a good boy sticker for owning up. If spawn killing is against the rules (which it is) then killing someone at spawn (even thought they said a few words which stung a little) is definitely not going to be allowed. If you had even half a brain you would either walk away from spawn and forget about it. Or walk away and hire a hitman or wait till they are at a reasonable distance (if it still matters by then) and attempt to kill. Clearly you thought that breaking one rule would be okay because you're following another, which is laughable really.

Jonathan
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: [Resolved]Ban Appeal for Action Bastard   Sat Oct 04, 2014 1:31 pm

You broke the rules plain and simple, there's no way to justify it. You also double posted.

Steamprofile badge by Steamprofile.com
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coront
Supreme Forum Overlord
Supreme Forum Overlord

PostSubject: Re: [Resolved]Ban Appeal for Action Bastard   Sat Oct 04, 2014 1:34 pm

The Rules wrote:
Someone is being a general nuisance, such as micspamming or following you.

It doesn't say insulting you, and by its context it seems to mean for OOC reasons like annoying or something.

And Bizz once said that you can't kill someone for insulting you unless it seriously insults you, and i'm pretty sure "rekt rekt rekt" isn't seriously insulting.

And him saying that would be OOC, because a guy who doesn't know anything walks up to you and says "rekt" wouldn't mean you would kill him for it.

So no, this is still invalid

Also, the rules say use common sense, so that means loop holes are not allowed to be exploited.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

[Resolved]Ban Appeal for Action Bastard
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next