HomeFrostburntCalendarFAQSearchUsergroupsLog inRegisterMemberlistContent
Share | 

A Suggestion about the New Armor

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rev

PostSubject: A Suggestion about the New Armor   Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:27 pm

I noticed the new armors need heavy armor plating and I frowned at this because I've never seen one armor plating no matter how much i scavenge or how much I get on early in the morning and fight conglomerate for 2 hours. If you can please raise heavy armor plating spawn rate or make another way of getting it like armored ghoul.

Also guns do way little dmg set the dmg back to basic FA:S weps because I noticed assault rifles do 10 less dmg on this server then on default. I've unloaded a full clip of famas ammo into a juggernaut while he was in his inventory and he turned around like nothing happened please nerf the armor or buff the weapons if you can.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DCWasteland3r

PostSubject: Re: A Suggestion about the New Armor   Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:56 pm

+1 for across the board weapon buffs. I think a 25 damage minimum would be cool.
As for the armor plates, they're found on dead comglomerate. I think a 75 75 75 crafting recipe on the CNC mill would be cool, but I don't think that's happening.

RedCloud

PostSubject: Re: A Suggestion about the New Armor   Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:56 pm

spoiler alert

Tactical Bacon

PostSubject: Re: A Suggestion about the New Armor   Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:05 pm

Weapons are edited to balance it out more. A full magazine into a juggernaut will kill it, but if he didn't die blame it on bad hit detection or maybe you missed somehow.

Never pet a burning dog.

Feels fuckin' good to kill I guess.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pripyat

PostSubject: Re: A Suggestion about the New Armor   Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:12 pm

+1 for weapon buffs the weapons now feel like they are nerf guns especially the assault rifles they are scarily nerfed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yuri

PostSubject: Re: A Suggestion about the New Armor   Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:00 pm

This sounds like a good idea.

PostSubject: Re: A Suggestion about the New Armor   Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:33 pm

Customizable Weaponry had stuff like AP rounds and what not. If these could be shoved into FA:S this could do what you guys want, without any actual damage buffs.

The weapons aren't really that nerfed, I've faced off against most of the Spartans on 1v1 combat, the problem isn't that they don't do that much damage, it's that people tend to miss a lot and have to reload within like three seconds of opening fire so people scatter in different directions while they reload. And it's not like anyone has a disadvantage if everyone is at a disadvantage.

A Sako kills a juggernaut with fifteen rounds. Assuming of course they hit the chest. That's okay imo.

Never pet a burning dog.

Feels fuckin' good to kill I guess.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RoyalJelly

PostSubject: Re: A Suggestion about the New Armor   Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:45 pm

I've been wanting weapon buffs for so long oh me goodness! +1

Jeff Belinger

PostSubject: Re: A Suggestion about the New Armor   Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:04 pm

from what I can say of the FA:S weapon base, custom ammo types arent going to be a thing unless Spy decides to move his lazy butt and do more things with it.

I am actually against the weapon buff. -1

HUEG BLAK DOODS
having good rp doesnt make one fit for staff duties, especially if said people are always playing with the same small group of people and no one else. staying in an echo chamber only makes your own words reflected back to you and whoever else is in the chamber. people applying for staff need to not only know the staff, but also how the playerbase can react to interactions between itself, the general staff base and the applicant
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bizzclaw
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: A Suggestion about the New Armor   Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:17 pm

If anything I was considering lowering the damage of all weapons and making ammo more plentiful for a time, but damage buffs aren't going to be a thing. At best I might finish the limb crippling system so while you're doing damage to a player, you're also crippling their ability to fight.

As far as weapon buffs go, pretty much not happening. I don't want this to turn into one of those 1-hit kill kind of games as I've always preferred longer firefights in a game, also you're exaggerating with the "I put 2 mags in that guy" thing, as if you do the actual math the Famas does 21 damage per shot and can carry 30 rounds per magazine. 30 * 21 = 630, and since the juggernaut armor absorbs 60% of damage, you'd still do about 252 points of damage overall. If he was not killed it means that you only hit him with 1 out of every three shots... so watch your aim.
Unless it was a wastelander, then it would be 1 out of every 2 shots.

As far as raising the chances of Armor plating, it's currently 1 in 20 elite, so every 1  in 20 elites will drop a heavy armor plating. I raised this to every 1 in 10 for every normal conglomerate, and 1 in 5 for every elite.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frostburnt.com/
Brigadier General Bacon
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: A Suggestion about the New Armor   Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:37 am

While we're on the subject of drop rates, could you tell me what the chance of blue print drops are?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ameno-Sagiri
Ban

PostSubject: Re: A Suggestion about the New Armor   Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:41 pm

Brigadier General Bacon wrote:
While we're on the subject of drop rates, could you tell me what the chance of blue print drops are?

If I remember, 1/50 chance for Recon Blueprint dropped from standard Conglomerate Soldiers.
1/75 chance drop of Assault Blueprint from Red Eyed Conglomerate Soldiers
1/100 chance drop of Hardsuit Blueprint from Conglomerate Guards (The big guys with the 1-2 hit lasers)

I think these are the right numbers, I could be wrong though.

If I'm wrong, it would be 1/75, 1/100, and then 1/150
Back to top Go down
View user profile

A Suggestion about the New Armor
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1