HomeFrostburntCalendarFAQSearchUsergroupsLog inRegisterMemberlistContent
Share | 

More Post Apocalyptic Looking Armors

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rev

PostSubject: More Post Apocalyptic Looking Armors   Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:45 pm

The only armors we have at the moment that are wasteland like are Old Riot Armor, Makeshift, Jugg Raider, Armor Urban Combat armor, and 2 of these are nearly impossible to recieve. and the rest look all space age like. I think there should be some more Post Apocalyptic armors like for example (I was reading the lore) Old American Republic armor with maybye this as the armor model http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=143525679&requirelogin=true . Also there is tons of good post apocalyptic armor models in this addon http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=144852369&searchtext=fallout+ragdolls and http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=144888081&searchtext=fallout+ragdolls .

And also the server should use hl2ts2 because it has bodygroups that has like 12 each clothes/armor for each part of the body for example you could have a gasmask with a coat, and brown jeans. And it has models for the actual item so bizzclaw won't need to make the item models. Hl2ts2 is awesome here is the addon try it out for yourself and check out the bodygroups and here is the link to the addon. http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=150041615&requirelogin=true . Well anyway that's my suggestion you don't even have to use anything I put in this suggestion I just think there should be more post apocalyptic armors so the armor category is more filled and the new conglomerate armor doesn't take up most of the armors.

Last edited by Rev on Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:35 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yuri

PostSubject: Re: More Post Apocalyptic Looking Armors   Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:47 pm

+Support this sounds like a good idea.

PostSubject: Re: More Post Apocalyptic Looking Armors   Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:15 pm

I do like the idea of new armor types that would actually be practical to build. I have nothing against the new conglomerate armor, but I like the idea of more armor types just to make the players on the server look a bit more varied.

Jeff Belinger

PostSubject: Re: More Post Apocalyptic Looking Armors   Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:27 pm

I like this. James could be interested in this. its his call.

HUEG BLAK DOODS
having good rp doesnt make one fit for staff duties, especially if said people are always playing with the same small group of people and no one else. staying in an echo chamber only makes your own words reflected back to you and whoever else is in the chamber. people applying for staff need to not only know the staff, but also how the playerbase can react to interactions between itself, the general staff base and the applicant
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chess
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

PostSubject: Re: More Post Apocalyptic Looking Armors   Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:47 pm

How about different variations of same armor. Kinda like the car ordeal. Make a base version, then it splits into two other kinds you can make off the base, each with their own special traits.

Bizz
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: More Post Apocalyptic Looking Armors   Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:41 pm

No. I'm not adding fallout armors and I don't like adding armors that are well recognizable from other games.

Also, most of your armors don't fit the base requirements for armors we can use, which are as follows.

The armor model must be on the valve skeleton in order for it to bone merge on to a player properly. If it cannot do this, then it cannot be used as an armor

The armor model must cover the player's face as the armors are basically model swaps, it wouldn't make since for you to don an armor and suddenly change your face.

The armor must have an appropriate female version, or be able to cover a player in a way that makes it impossible to identify as male (like combine armor and jug armor).

The armor must be smaller than 2MB. We already have a huge amount of content thanks to FAS2, so the last thing I'd want to do is make people's download times take longer. I would add armors with high detail textures and models that support 50+ bodygroups.

And finally they must fit the theme. Obviously.

In all honesty, don't forget that all of the armors can be hidden and have a PAC drawn over them, so if you want armor that fits your character better, PAC it on.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frostburnt.com/
Jeff Belinger

PostSubject: Re: More Post Apocalyptic Looking Armors   Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:45 pm

hence what I do

HUEG BLAK DOODS
having good rp doesnt make one fit for staff duties, especially if said people are always playing with the same small group of people and no one else. staying in an echo chamber only makes your own words reflected back to you and whoever else is in the chamber. people applying for staff need to not only know the staff, but also how the playerbase can react to interactions between itself, the general staff base and the applicant
Back to top Go down
View user profile
StormySunrise

PostSubject: Re: More Post Apocalyptic Looking Armors   Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:21 pm

The new armors are advanced armors made by the conglomerate and modified by the wastelanders to make living day-to-day gunfights easier. I do not see the problem with the "space age" armors.

117'th Legion Remnant

99% Caustic Chloride Mustard Gas Toxic 24/7
Back to top Go down
View user profile

More Post Apocalyptic Looking Armors
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1