HomeFrostburntCalendarFAQSearchUsergroupsLog inRegisterMemberlistContent
Share | 

Timing out while connecting

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
spirit

PostSubject: Timing out while connecting   Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:28 pm

Okay I see this has been a problem for others before. But for me this hasn't been. I haven't been on the PNRP server for awhile now and decided to get back into Garry's Mod. It seems I have if not the same exact problem a pretty damned close one. It gets past retrieving server info and to the content. Freezes right when it starts and then tells me I have timed out. I have been on the server before, I have the workshop content subscribed. I'm not sure what to do here seeing how the problem was supposively fixed in 2013. So if any help is possible, I'd appreciate it.

I've been playing PNRP for a few years now, first on TBU. But alas they've died out and the Frostburnt community has taken over, revived, and upgraded the PNRP game. So to be able to get back to it again would be just amazing.

EDIT: Just a little more information, hopefully it helps find the issue. It loads to 6% #331364806 and freezes there each time and eventually times out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
spirit

PostSubject: Saddening..   Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:24 pm

It is sad to see over three weeks later that nobody, not even any moderators, have attempted to help me in this matter. I guess either nobody cares or the forum is dead? I wouldn't expect the forum to be dead but I suppose anything is possible. Hopefully this complaint starts some fire to this problem and any help is given. But I suppose you guys aren't too worried about new players or even old players to come play on the server as you have enough already. Oh well, I guess I'll wait another three weeks and return..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bizz
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Timing out while connecting   Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:26 pm

I actually never saw this because other posts drowned this one. Thanks for bumping it and I'm honestly sorry that it's taken me so long to see this.

As for your issue, it seems to be very sporadic and I'm not sure what I can do about it, if anything. I'll look into it, but otherwise I have no solid solution.

Perhaps something is up with your garrysmod server downloads? try going to:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\GarrysMod\garrysmod\downloads
and deleting the "servers" folder?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frostburnt.com/
spirit

PostSubject: Re: Timing out while connecting   Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:36 pm

It's fine, atleast I finally got a response. Sorry I had to get kinda depressing there but I can be impatient and three weeks is a long time for me to wait haha. As for your idea I'll try that and see if it works, hope to be on soon!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
spirit

PostSubject: Eureka!   Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:14 pm

Well you're idea of deleteing the file worked. I appreciate the help and effort very much!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Timing out while connecting
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1