100% [ 4 ]
Nay
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 4

AuthorMessage
mikespartan101

PostSubject: Suggestion: Events   Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:40 pm

Alright, so where should I begin? Several months ago, I played TheSpireRoleplay before it died (Sad ) and there were some cool features on there. But there had to be one feature that got the server involved, and those were events. These events were coordinated by either a mod, admin, or some event coordinator, and a text would appear (Event: "Blah-blah..." ) stating that something did, is, or will happen in RP.

For example, one time there was an Enclave vertibird that was shot down (Part of the event), and almost all of the players in the server would hustle to the event location and we fought a giant mirelurk. While it wasn't exactly that fun in the sense of "text-to-shoot," the feeling of immersion was so compelling.

Still don't follow? Let's make another example...

Event: "The sky brightens as a strange cylindrical object appears in the sky. As it falls near [THE LAKE] its entry causes the clouds to part and the land underneath to buckle as it lands."  

The players, after seeing that text, go to [THE LAKE] and fight off a bunch of tough Conglomerate (NPC/PC).

Event: "The Conglomerate are destroyed and the survivors scavenge the drop pod."    

The event coordinator then can reward players WHO ACTUALLY PARTICIPATED.    cheers

Note: I understand such an idea is flawed and so was TheSpireRoleplay, but running around drinking from a lake, eating from a vicious dog, making a Headcrab my bitch, and just running around can be so boring and when you get players involved in a roleplay all at once, it makes the Roleplay side of the server that much more fun. If you have your own ideas to improve RP, then please share. Honestly, I don't like my idea that much. Sleep
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coront
Ban

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion: Events   Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:07 pm

Actually, events like the one you mentioned, happens every now and again. Actually, yesterday a event was hosted where a bunch of super mutants were holed up in a bunker and a bunch of people grouped up and went on a raid to it. Pretty fun.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mikespartan101

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion: Events   Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:31 pm

bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce

When yesterday?

Ban

PostSubject: Re: Suggestion: Events   Sun Nov 09, 2014 12:57 am

The events are not always announced, the one I mentioned wasn't. On the days upcoming to Halloween there were events announced where you basically fought through bases of Draugr. The final one of those (Held on Halloween) was a survival thing in a graveyard where you fended off waves of Draugr, pretty fun.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Suggestion: Events
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1