HomeFrostburntCalendarFAQSearchUsergroupsLog inRegisterMemberlistContent
Share | 

New Animations System and the importance of female player models

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

What do you think of a better character model system?
I support it.
89%
 89% [ 34 ]
I do not support it.
11%
 11% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 38

AuthorMessage
RemnantJohn

PostSubject: Re: New Animations System and the importance of female player models   Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:06 pm

i'm all for it as long as having 20+ of them on screen doesn't destroy FPS, as i imagine HD models probably could...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bizzclaw
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: New Animations System and the importance of female player models   Sun Dec 07, 2014 5:45 pm

It shouldn't "destroy" framerate unless you have problems running base HL2.

Working on Character creation system.
Spoiler:

Menu is still very early progress, I'm just trying to get the functionality down right now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frostburnt.com/ Online
James King

PostSubject: Re: New Animations System and the importance of female player models   Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:56 pm

why does his crotch look deformed... like its a cube

Back to top Go down
View user profile
DCWasteland3r

PostSubject: Re: New Animations System and the importance of female player models   Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:45 pm

Will it be possible to edit your character after the initial creation stage or is the way you initially design them permanent?

Coront
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: New Animations System and the importance of female player models   Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:19 pm

You probably will be able to edit your hair and facial hair after it, but if you have the ability to change facial features, (I'm not sure if you will or not) you probably won't be able to edit those.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DCWasteland3r

PostSubject: Re: New Animations System and the importance of female player models   Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:22 pm

I was thinking more along the lines of clothing actually. So you can change your outfit for different RP situations.

Bizzclaw
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: New Animations System and the importance of female player models   Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:52 pm

So I finally got hair coloring to work, but I'm beginning to wonder... should I allow free hair coloring? I mean, the last thing we need is people walking around with neon purple hair, but people can always make themselves bald and do it with PAC anyways, besides I guess it's a quick way to spot who's a troll. Currently I'm making the system as if there where base colors to chose from, but It's hard to really have that many colors (I'm to lazy to go through fallout and look at all of their RGB values, besides they probably wouldn't apply to their source model counterparts to well... Maybe I'll try it later, but that's beside the point.)

Spoiler:

Last edited by Bizzclaw on Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
:F|F: Price
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: New Animations System and the importance of female player models   Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:13 pm

So I love the use of fallout models but, what of our armor in game? Will they be replaced?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bizzclaw
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: New Animations System and the importance of female player models   Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:37 pm

Yeah, I said on another topic that all of the models for current armors will be removed from the server's automated downloads as the current models won't work with the fallout ones. the name and models will be replaced with Fallout model equivalents. If you already own the armor, then obviusly it will just be transformed, which already works. This means most armors won't work with default Half Life 2 models, but that's okay because you honestly shouldn't use the default Half Life 2 player models anyways; The default Half Life 2 models have crappy animations and look generic and boring.

Back on topic, what do you think about free hair coloring, as in inputting the RGB values for your hair manually?
Back to top Go down
:F|F: Price
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: New Animations System and the importance of female player models   Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:48 pm

Personally, it would give even more of a chance for everyone to look unique and maybe even enhance RP for ex maybe a raider gang that all die their hair blue or something of the sort..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DCWasteland3r

PostSubject: Re: New Animations System and the importance of female player models   Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:11 pm

Bizzclaw wrote:
Back on topic, what do you think about free hair coloring, as in inputting the RGB values for your hair manually?

I'd say you should allow free hair coloring. From and RP or Immersion standpoint, people do dye their hair odd colors IRL, and I imagine the technology to create hair dye still exists in the wasteland. I honestly don't think trolls having access to custom characters will be too much of a problem until you get to face editing (If it's possible), since there would likely be some people making horribly distorted faces for their characters.

Bizzclaw
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: New Animations System and the importance of female player models   Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:45 pm

For anyone with concerns about how the character creation menu will draw on small moniters, I can confirm that it fits (pretty much) perfectly on all screen sizes.
Spoiler:

my resolution is 640x480 in that screenshot, the Smallest possible screen size in source.
Back to top Go down

New Animations System and the importance of female player models
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2