HomeFrostburntCalendarFAQSearchUsergroupsLog inRegisterMemberlistContent
Share | 

Things I don't like and that can be changed in PNRP

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Pripyat

PostSubject: Things I don't like and that can be changed in PNRP   Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:11 pm

If bizzclaw can please explain to me why we have rules 3, 4 and 5 in the list please?

JUST SO EVERYONE KNOWS THIS IS NOT INSULTING BIZZCLAW'S WORK.

And if these rules can be removed to make the wasteland more dangerous because I know that's what you want but right now you never have to have your awareness up and going because none of these can ever happen(listings 3, 4 and 5). Right now the only things that are dangerous is Conglomerate Guards, Yao Guai and Hunger/Thirst

1. Noobs which are about 99% always trolls once they figure out this gamemode isn't a walk through the park.
2. The amount of kids... is just overwhelming
3. The reason you can't raid shops. Wouldn't you raid shops just because shops are filled with loot? And most of the time your raiding for the enemy's gear because really what do you want, a couple grubs which all you can do is kill, the gas from a gas generator, resources from a miner or old riot armor, a remingtons 870, a raging bull and ammo.
4. Can't raid public outposts. Wouldn't raiders raid towns and burn down building and kidnap people in towns in movies? This rule i can't understand.
5. Not allowed to mug, In fallout 3 I remember a guy in wasteland clothes come mug me with a pistol when I first started fallout 3 no mugging is unrealistic because in the real apocalypse, mugging would occur often.
6. Lag, when it gets about noon and the server gets really full with around 30 - 40 people my ping sky rockets untill about midnight then it slowly builds up untill noon then decreases and repeats.
7. FPS, I get about 200-300 fps on every other garry's mod gamemode/server but I get 10-20 fps on postnukerp... Why?
8. Abusive staff, for this one everyone will say for me to report it but I will not record with fraps the 12 hours a day, fraps takes up alot of space for example chess spawned a bunch of cars and roped them together and tied them to each other the other day and attached thrusters to the cars on gm_atomic.
9. TF2 Pacs... Seriously no one has tf2, and the amount of tf2 pacs I see a day is horrifying the players just look like a bunch of errors.

that's it folks
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coront
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: Things I don't like and that can be changed in PNRP   Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:06 pm

The reason the raiding rules and mugging rules are in are because they can be SERIOUSLY exploited to the point where no-one will want to go near anyone, just keep to themselves all day, lonely and stuff, big raiders like Charles Mathews (Just an example) would go out of his way to find people and mug them all day, it wouldn't be fun at all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RedCloud

PostSubject: Re: Things I don't like and that can be changed in PNRP   Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:35 pm

As I like to do, I will break down every stupid thing you just said:

Pripyat wrote:
1. Noobs which are about 99% always trolls once they figure out this gamemode isn't a walk through the park.
That is a SWEEPING generalization, if that were the case then there would never be any new people coming onto the server and staying, which there are very frequently.

Pripyat wrote:
There really isn't anything anyone can do about that, and there really aren't that many squeekers on from what i've seen.

Pripyat wrote:
3. The reason you can't raid shops. Wouldn't you raid shops just because shops are filled with loot? And most of the time your raiding for the enemy's gear because really what do you want, a couple grubs which all you can do is kill, the gas from a gas generator, resources from a miner or old riot armor, a remingtons 870, a raging bull and ammo.
That would literally deter ANYONE from ever making a shop, if they knew right when the open sign goes up anyone is going to walk up and blast them in the face. I think really anyone could give you a plethora of reasons why this is a really shitty idea, but i'll give you just one for the sake of the wall of text.

Pripyat wrote:
4. Can't raid public outposts. Wouldn't raiders raid towns and burn down building and kidnap people in towns in movies? This rule i can't understand.
I'm just including this just so everyone reading this can soak in how fucking dumb this sounds. The only thing that can counter the raidability of bases by providing a place where people know they arent at risk for congregating and are generally safe from mobs with fences and stuff, and you want people to have the ability to kill everyone inside, basically making the entire thing null as a concept.

Pripyat wrote:
5. Not allowed to mug, In fallout 3 I remember a guy in wasteland clothes come mug me with a pistol when I first started fallout 3 no mugging is unrealistic because in the real apocalypse, mugging would occur often.

Why are people so obsessed with making everything so realistic, that they don't even take into account how much fun would be brutally raped, tortured and murdered in the process?
If mugging was legal, for one, no one would ever play. literally no one. because right when you get on someone will mug you for 500 chems, or your armor, or your gun. it would also completely destroy the new player base, as a new player would come on, be charged 200 chems, blasted in the face by a guy who is looking to kill people for any reason, then either A disconnect leaving FF without another potential player or B thinking that rdm is completely legal and right when they find an axe they cause someone a massive headache, get banned, and never come on again, thus leaving FF without another potential player, which is extremely important in keeping the server alive with a new player base. hell, some people think that the legal kill rules are already too broad.

Pripyat wrote:
no mugging is unrealistic because in the real apocalypse, mugging would occur often.
by that logic i assume you want RDM to be legal because in your "real apocalypse" you should be able to kill whoever you want? Maybe you should go play the extremely broken fuckfest that is DayZ if you're looking for that.

Pripyat wrote:
6. Lag, when it gets about noon and the server gets really full with around 30 - 40 people my ping sky rockets untill about midnight then it slowly builds up untill noon then decreases and repeats.
7. FPS, I get about 200-300 fps on every other garry's mod gamemode/server but I get 10-20 fps on postnukerp... Why?
because a lot of people are playing on the server. what fucking point are you even trying to make at this point? that the server's sometimes laggy? everyone already knows that.

Pripyat wrote:
8. Abusive staff, for this one everyone will say for me to report it but I will not record with fraps the 12 hours a day, fraps takes up alot of space for example chess spawned a bunch of cars and roped them together and tied them to each other the other day and attached thrusters to the cars on gm_atomic.
That was just pure and simple shenanigans. Everyone partakes in those when the opportunity arises. Did he kill anyone while doing it? Did he perform mass murder or break the rules or abuse his power for his own personal gain? The server goes balls crazy in later hours when not many people are on, and you'll always see some shenanigans coming staff or people every now and again. how seriously do you take your RP when even some shenanigans are abuse for you?

Pripyat wrote:
9. TF2 Pacs... Seriously no one has tf2, and the amount of tf2 pacs I see a day is horrifying the players just look like a bunch of errors.
its a free. FUCKING. game. it takes up just 10 fucking gigabytes, and the general standard for hard drives is around 500-750 gb a few years ago, a terrabyte now i think. to this day i still don't understand why SOOOO many people on the server don't have the free game downloaded, then complain about not being able to see other peoples' pacs. It's an incredibly simple concept.

RemnantJohn

PostSubject: Re: Things I don't like and that can be changed in PNRP   Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:33 pm

Pripyat wrote:

this is a very touchy subject. if you had a shop would you want anyone to be able to walk in and blast you? but at the same time it'd be really fun to walk in and just say "Give me all your mirelurk cakes.. or die."

Pripyat wrote:

this one makes sense. maybe not to the point where you could just walk into a town and start shooting people, but maybe a sort of occupation deal where a group of people come in and shut down the shops and start wringing out all the loot from the people inside the town, with anyone trying to escape be shot

Pripyat wrote:

mugging needs to be in this gamemode. mugging works out perfectly fine on the official PNRP server, mugging is harder than it seems.

Pripyat wrote:
6. Lag, when it gets about noon and the server gets really full with around 30 - 40 people my ping sky rockets .

need more regular map changes, maybe a votemap system. i hate when the map is on csdesert for 8 hours a day because one admin wants to be on the map.

Pripyat wrote:

i've seen admins remove all mobs before when they were scavenging, and i've also seen admins teleport to people placing hits just to listen in

Pripyat wrote:

tf2 is free though
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ameno-Sagiri
Ban

PostSubject: Re: Things I don't like and that can be changed in PNRP   Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:40 pm

Pripyat wrote:
If bizzclaw can please explain to me why we have rules 3, 4 and 5 in the list please?

JUST SO EVERYONE KNOWS THIS IS NOT INSULTING BIZZCLAW'S WORK.

And if these rules can be removed to make the wasteland more dangerous because I know that's what you want but right now you never have to have your awareness up and going because none of these can ever happen(listings 3, 4 and 5). Right now the only things that are dangerous is Conglomerate Guards, Yao Guai and Hunger/Thirst

that's it folks

1. I hate those people, some of that has been fixed with prop pushing and fists on new players not doing any damage. They still find ways to be annoying though.

2. Lot's of them lately.

3-4-5: This is kind of a polar concept. On one hand, it would be great to allow these things to experienced players that have been on for awhile, on the other hand, this would instantly deter any new players. If I could lose everything in a swift second because a group of friends decides to kill me after I spent the last several weeks grinding, I would stop playing after it happens. This isn't like DayZ or Rust, or Fallout (Despite the Fallout everything suddenly appearing) in the regards that those games all feature GIGANTIC WORLDS and MAPS. The maps are so large it's very uncommon to encounter another person/player. Source is limited in that regard. We can't have maps like that. We don't have a giant world we can hide in. It's too open, it's too small, it just doesn't have the vast wonder that DayZ has, where it takes hours(?) to traverse the map, and there's tons of foliage and houses to hide in. I think this is the main reason Bizzclaw doesn't want to make it more PvP.

6-7: PostNukeRP was not made well under the hood. It is HORRIBLY optimized. It is literal garbage coming from TBU. Bizzclaw has found so much shit to patch up, that he actually wants to remake PostNukeRP from scratch. He has alleviated many problems, but it appears it's about as good as it will get at the moment. Also in addition to the lag, I used to frequent busy DarkRP servers back in the day, and I do recall them all lagging to hell once the player count went upwards of 35 (Serverside AND clientside aka Framerate).

8. Abusive Staff is considered more Interfering with gamemode related advantages. We would only really care if it actually messes with someone who is ACTUALLY participating in the gamemode. If Chess is going to rope cars and fly them with thrusters, it's fine as long as it doesn't kill anyone, and he doesn't flash it too much around places where many players are hanging around. When I do those things, it's usually everywhere in the wasteland rather than in a town full of people. We (Or everyone I directly talk to that's an admin) don't spawn ammo and turn godmode on before going into a raid or being the target of a raid. The admins don't give themselves resources unless it's on a fuck around character. On the flipside, I always have godmode on, and I always give myself everything for free, BECAUSE I do not participate in the gamemode. I haven't actually played the gamemode for over a year. I come on the server, watch and listen, fuck around, and then get off after long enough.  As far as I know, for instance, Chess' main character with the name "Chess" is completely legitimate, but he has alt accounts that he cheats on. We usually don't involve the cheats with other players. We don't gear up an alt character to go raid someone. We gear up to go drive around and kill NPCs or shoot bad players. There are several moderators/admins I am skeptical of. You tell me if you think they are abusing, and I will look into it.

9. The only reason we don't moderate the TF2 PAC situation is because TF2 is a free game. We don't allow DoD PACs because that is not a free game. If you are able to resolve the problem with nothing but idle time and hard drive space, you have the power to fix it.

By the way, what is your in game name? I never see the one listed on your Profile in game.

RemnantJohn wrote:

1. need more regular map changes, maybe a votemap system. i hate when the map is on csdesert for 8 hours a day because one admin wants to be on the map.

2. i've seen admins remove all mobs before when they were scavenging, and i've also seen admins teleport to people placing hits just to listen in

1. I've been thinking of a way to do a votemap system. I cannot code, but I have given Bizz an idea on how it would work.

Vote Map System Example:
November 25: Everyone that joins on this day is presented with a window full of every map on the server that we can go to. They can vote once. It will only ask them on their FIRST JOIN of November 25. If they rejoin on this day, it will not ask them again. They will only be asked once. At 11:50pm on November 25th, the server warns of a map change in 10 minutes. Users that join can still vote. At 11:59pm on November 25th, the server prepares to change the map to [Insert Winning Vote Map Name Here] and warns everyone on the server. At Midnight, now November 26, the map will change to the winning vote, and everyone will have their vote input cleared. This means that now everyone that joins on November 26th gets asked what map they want tomorrow on their first join of the day. The cycle repeats.

This could also probably be customized. Maybe it asks and resets every 6 hours rather than every 24 hours. This works because it collectively asks everyone that joins during the time period what they want the map to change to, rather than JUST the people that are currently on the server.

2. The mobs auto-respawn. The only thing I can think of is we remove mobs under extreme server lag because it could indicate a mob got stuck somewhere. They respawn again within 30 seconds(?). I don't know how an admin would instantly know about someone placing a hit, but they should at least cloak themselves and become very invisible if they are going to do that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BlankJones
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: Things I don't like and that can be changed in PNRP   Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:20 pm

As I type from the desolate abyss of boredom that is "real life" I must agree with Ameno in the respect that hardcore/roleplay experienced players would benefit from those "realistic" rules regarding raiding and mugging ... however the majority of the population aren't as such.

I do wonder .. maybe a second server for said individuals experienced with roleplay?

Tier 1 PNRP: Current server with current rules for newer players

Tier 2 PNRP: Second server with "hardcore" rules for players who wouldn't abuse roleplay and cause problems

Not to mention the possible decrease in lag as the player base would be spread out.

Concerning the maps, well as soon as I steal enough baking soda to resell as cocaine, I can get my  computer back to start working again. We shall have plenty to go around.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xXxLegit_SwagxXx
Ban

PostSubject: Re: Things I don't like and that can be changed in PNRP   Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:05 pm

BlankJones wrote:
I do wonder .. maybe a second server for said individuals experienced with roleplay?

Tier 1 PNRP: Current server with current rules for newer players

Tier 2 PNRP: Second server with "hardcore" rules for players who wouldn't abuse roleplay and cause problems

Not to mention the possible decrease in lag as the player base would be spread out.

Concerning the maps, well as soon as I steal enough baking soda to resell as cocaine, I can get my  computer back to start working again. We shall have plenty to go around.[/b]
I was reading through alot of posts on the forums trying to educate myself on the history of the server and a guy named Valid Traget (apparently banned now) suggested a second server and less strict raiding rules a while ago after being banned for raiding a safe zone in which his friend was being tortured. Seeing from this post I dont think it was followed up on
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jeff Belinger

PostSubject: Re: Things I don't like and that can be changed in PNRP   Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:47 am

Ignore Anything Valid Target. It will be good for your health

HUEG BLAK DOODS
having good rp doesnt make one fit for staff duties, especially if said people are always playing with the same small group of people and no one else. staying in an echo chamber only makes your own words reflected back to you and whoever else is in the chamber. people applying for staff need to not only know the staff, but also how the playerbase can react to interactions between itself, the general staff base and the applicant
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xXxLegit_SwagxXx
Ban

PostSubject: Re: Things I don't like and that can be changed in PNRP   Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:49 am

Does that mean I should ignore Blank as well considering he made the same suggestion?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BlankJones
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: Things I don't like and that can be changed in PNRP   Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:02 am

xXxLegit_SwagxXx wrote:
Does that mean I should ignore Blank as well considering he made the same suggestion?

He's got you there Jeff X3

Also I had no idea Valid suggested it otherwise I would have mentioned him. Well. Maybe not his name but it would have still counted!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Raksho

PostSubject: Re: Things I don't like and that can be changed in PNRP   Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:12 am

Valid target was not the first one to suggest a hardcore server, it's been suggested quite a bit actually.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jeff Belinger

PostSubject: Re: Things I don't like and that can be changed in PNRP   Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:08 pm

What I meant to say is ignore Valid's posts and his name and everything. Do as if he never existed

HUEG BLAK DOODS
having good rp doesnt make one fit for staff duties, especially if said people are always playing with the same small group of people and no one else. staying in an echo chamber only makes your own words reflected back to you and whoever else is in the chamber. people applying for staff need to not only know the staff, but also how the playerbase can react to interactions between itself, the general staff base and the applicant
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Raksho

PostSubject: Re: Things I don't like and that can be changed in PNRP   Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:32 pm

Thats not very nice jeff.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bill Andrews

PostSubject: Re: Things I don't like and that can be changed in PNRP   Thu Dec 25, 2014 2:46 pm

to be 100% honest, i don't think that it's our fault that they see errors
i mean just tell them to download tf2!
why should we remove our pac just because some people who didn't download something can't see us?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jeff Belinger

PostSubject: Re: Things I don't like and that can be changed in PNRP   Thu Dec 25, 2014 6:50 pm

HUEG BLAK DOODS
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Things I don't like and that can be changed in PNRP
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1