HomeFrostburntCalendarFAQSearchUsergroupsLog inRegisterMemberlistContent

Share | 

Making Chemicals - How?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ed the Fringe Settler

PostSubject: Making Chemicals - How?    Sat Nov 29, 2014 1:41 am

Hello,

So I've been playing the server quite a lot lately, but something has been frustrating me quite greatly. Chemicals.

Why are these so rare?

It's becoming extremly discouraging the amount of grinding and walking around just to find a measly amount of chemicals. First I started out as a Scavenger. I found that there were a lot of players already scavengers, however I was making a good amount of Scrap and Small Parts. Chemicals were another story. They were pretty hard to find. I was probably 1 to 4 in terms of Chemicals to Scrap.

So I decided to switch classes. I became a Scientist and tried to sell my wares. I found that nobody wants to buy anything. If I even try to make a decent profit, they go find someone who will do it for almost no profit or for free. Anything I do get scavenged they're not interested in buying. Cultivators seem to be in a similar situation. The prices that the more veteran players offer stuff at is so low that most people buy stuff from them. It seems like the only class that makes a decent profit are Engineers and with them there are usually 3+ on the server during high times, so competition is high and prices are low.

So making chemicals off of being a merchant and selling stuff has been a dead end.

So what the heck do I do? Considering how rare chemical nodes are in the wild, how literally everything uses chemicals so demand is huge, and the amount you get from nodes is pretty small. It doesn't seem balanced at all. I mean if I walk around for like an hour + on some of these maps and with a ton of luck, I get 20-25 chemicals as any class other than scav and about 30-35 on a scav, then these items cost 700+ chemicals; it just seems impossible.

So how the hell do I make chemicals? I tried getting an ant lion grub after about 3 days of playing and its only giving me 1 god dang chemical. So I need to get a small army of grubs for it to be worth anything. Then hope no one raids me and kills them.

So how do I make chemicals? Are grubs really my only option? I've got to spend the next 8 hours walking around trying to find 350 chemicals again?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RemnantJohn

PostSubject: Re: Making Chemicals - How?    Sat Nov 29, 2014 1:52 am

when you first start out one of your only options is to go scavenger and try to kill as much stuff as possible to level up your scavenging skill, afterwards grind your way to a car, then just bounce around the map in a car for 4-5 days until you have enough loot/materials to switch to scientist/engineer.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ed the Fringe Settler

PostSubject: Re: Making Chemicals - How?    Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:14 am

Do cars need gas to run? If yes how much chemicals does gas require?

That's my concern is how much they cost to run.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
James King

PostSubject: Re: Making Chemicals - How?    Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:53 am

cars run on air so your good

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brigadier General Bacon
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: Making Chemicals - How?    Sat Nov 29, 2014 3:55 pm

I have 75 worms each producing 1 chem a minute, multiply this by 60 minutes in an hour and you get a production speed of 4,500 chems an hour. 420 blazin.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DCWasteland3r

PostSubject: Re: Making Chemicals - How?    Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:32 am

75 Worms... No wonder you pay so much for Pre-War cash...

PostSubject: Re: Making Chemicals - How?    Sat Dec 27, 2014 9:47 am

i have more chemicals than small parts and i still need them
Back to top Go down
Evilsweetblock
Ban

PostSubject: Re: Making Chemicals - How?    Sun Dec 28, 2014 8:59 am

Let me hide my armor and weapons and put on my beggar clothes, brigadier.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Making Chemicals - How?    

Back to top Go down

Making Chemicals - How?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Fallout Decay :: Fallout Decay General Discussion-
Jump to: