HomeFrostburntCalendarFAQSearchUsergroupsLog inRegisterMemberlistContent
Share | 

Customizable Weaponry 2.0

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Ice Frost

PostSubject: Customizable Weaponry 2.0    Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:38 am

Last edited by Ice Frost on Sun Nov 30, 2014 12:14 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Forgot to add the link and misspelled title of the topic <3)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jeff Belinger

PostSubject: Re: Customizable Weaponry 2.0    Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:45 am

Gotta wait on Jamz if he wants this to replace our weapons. There was a thread about it earlier on about that and if I remember, people were for the change

HUEG BLAK DOODS
having good rp doesnt make one fit for staff duties, especially if said people are always playing with the same small group of people and no one else. staying in an echo chamber only makes your own words reflected back to you and whoever else is in the chamber. people applying for staff need to not only know the staff, but also how the playerbase can react to interactions between itself, the general staff base and the applicant
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cap-Coop

PostSubject: Re: Customizable Weaponry 2.0    Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:29 am

Watched the trailer and downloading it now. The music is pretty appropriate for an addon like this and I'm so ready to get 40 more AK Slavic Dragon Barrels piled up.

" />

☽ Luna Nobis Providet ☽
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DCWasteland3r

PostSubject: Re: Customizable Weaponry 2.0    Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:35 am

I don't think there are many weapons in the addon at the moment. Might be a good idea to wait and see what gets added.

Pripyat

PostSubject: Re: Customizable Weaponry 2.0    Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:50 am

I'm 100% with the idea of switching
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rev

PostSubject: Re: Customizable Weaponry 2.0    Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:01 am

I will literally donate 50 bucks if this gets added. Just to add to bizzclaw's big box of donation money.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tactical Bacon

PostSubject: Re: Customizable Weaponry 2.0    Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:16 am

James is up for the switching I think. Now all that is required is some coding for the new weapons.

Never pet a burning dog.

Feels fuckin' good to kill I guess.

Last edited by Tactical Bacon on Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:19 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : wtf is this bs with the dashes)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ice Frost

PostSubject: Re: Customizable Weaponry 2.0    Sun Nov 30, 2014 12:10 pm

Tactical Bacon wrote:
James is up for the switching I think. Now all that is required is some coding for the new weapons.

That's gonna be pain in the ass I guess?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ArtikNinetails

PostSubject: Re: Customizable Weaponry 2.0    Sun Nov 30, 2014 12:49 pm

Maybe have both FAS:2 and this mod for now until there are more weapons?

(Or if you want to get super magic add the FAS:2 weapons to this mod)

Peace is for those who do not have the power to defeat their enemies.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jeff Belinger

PostSubject: Re: Customizable Weaponry 2.0    Sun Nov 30, 2014 4:16 pm

i dont think it works like that artik

HUEG BLAK DOODS
having good rp doesnt make one fit for staff duties, especially if said people are always playing with the same small group of people and no one else. staying in an echo chamber only makes your own words reflected back to you and whoever else is in the chamber. people applying for staff need to not only know the staff, but also how the playerbase can react to interactions between itself, the general staff base and the applicant
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pripyat

PostSubject: Re: Customizable Weaponry 2.0    Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:51 pm

Rev wrote:
I will literally donate 50 bucks if this gets added. Just to add to bizzclaw's big box of donation money.

I will probrally donate aswell if this is added because I just installed the addon and this is the absolute best weapon addon I have ever seen.

I won't donate 50 bucks though I'm poor as a log
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jeff Belinger

PostSubject: Re: Customizable Weaponry 2.0    Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:27 am

Ok, bumping this because the weapon base will become more relevant in due time. Requesting to get this stickied so we won't have more thread duplicates

HUEG BLAK DOODS
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Techlord9

PostSubject: Re: Customizable Weaponry 2.0    Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:57 am

This would definitely be an... Interesting change

Johann Liebert
Back to top Go down
View user profile
janho5

PostSubject: Re: Customizable Weaponry 2.0    Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:39 pm

I fully support the change to CW:2, with or without the tag along of FA:S 2. The thought to have, I don't know, almost a 100% increase of freedom to change and match your gun to your specifications is just magnificent! I feel that, although, there might need to be a....adjustment to some things (The underside grenade launcher attachment, for the most part).

Also, as a plus, I think that the new Customizable Weaponry addon will have an even bigger impact on the Garry's mod community than FA:S 2 did! I'm sure there will be a lot more weapons added by the creature of the addon and the community themselves, with the addition of custom ammo types (Remember magnum and incendiary rounds?), as well as other additions possibly (Customize internals of the gun and gun paint color, maybe even completely re-did world animations, as well!). The sky (Or source and Lua) might be the only limit for this addon!
_________________________________________________________________________________
"L'Chaim!"
Yanklmyer Narosti

WHERE THE F**K ARE THE CHEMICALS?!?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jeff Belinger

PostSubject: Re: Customizable Weaponry 2.0    Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:48 pm

we used to run underslung grenade launcher, i remember the Trojans using it like mortars one time and made a long range assault on an enemy base. it was both a test and a raid, i think they had a spotter near the shelling location and communicating via TS and giving feedback on the effectiveness. it was really nice and impressive

HUEG BLAK DOODS
Back to top Go down
View user profile
janho5

PostSubject: Re: Customizable Weaponry 2.0    Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:07 pm

Jeff Belinger wrote:
we used to run underslung grenade launcher, i remember the Trojans using it like mortars one time and made a long range assault on an enemy base. it was both a test and a raid, i think they had a spotter near the shelling location and communicating via TS and giving feedback on the effectiveness. it was really nice and impressive

That's sounds freaking awesome! An actually unique way to attack and raid an enemy used in action!
_________________________________________________________________________________
"L'Chaim!"
            Yanklemyer Narosti

WHERE THE F**K ARE THE CHEMICALS?!?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cap-Coop

PostSubject: Re: Customizable Weaponry 2.0    Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:37 pm

I played the Empires HL2 mod sometime ago where they have indirect artillery as a main component of the game, basically you had to be a certain class and you could see where your shells exploded on a mini-map. We should totally give Engineers the ability and skills necessary to make field guns. x3
I want my Karl-Device! Plus siege weapons are fun.

The Karl Device:

☽ Luna Nobis Providet ☽
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RedCloud

PostSubject: Re: Customizable Weaponry 2.0    Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:01 pm

^ dis nigga knows wazzup

DCWasteland3r

PostSubject: Re: Customizable Weaponry 2.0    Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:38 pm

Field guns? I can kill people across the map from complete safety. +1 to that idea.

Jeff Belinger

PostSubject: Re: Customizable Weaponry 2.0    Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:43 pm

I'd just be happy with a mortar, a pair of binoculars and a range finder and different mortar shell types.

That and an Anti-armor missile launcher just because fuck your armored transport, fuck your tank, fuck your chopper and fuck your field guns and AA-guns

HUEG BLAK DOODS
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cap-Coop

PostSubject: Re: Customizable Weaponry 2.0    Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:07 pm

Anti-Armor missiles? My skirt would like to talk to your HEAT.

The skirt of doom:

Though in all serious for a starting set of indirect fire I'd love a mortar with range finders. Plus they would give a reason to figure out how to disable "suit zoom".

☽ Luna Nobis Providet ☽
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DCWasteland3r

PostSubject: Re: Customizable Weaponry 2.0    Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:42 pm

Jeff Belinger wrote:
That and an Anti-armor missile launcher just because fuck your armored transport, fuck your tank, fuck your chopper and fuck your field guns and AA-guns

And don't forget hardsuits. It should be able to kill someone in a hardsuit on a direct hit.

Cap-Coop

PostSubject: Re: Customizable Weaponry 2.0    Sat Dec 06, 2014 12:37 am

I'd hope so, especially considering I'm pretty sure most things that separate a Human being from death aren't as stronk as HEAT. Or we could say screw it and just assume every explosive projectile should be shooting squash-head.

☽ Luna Nobis Providet ☽
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Raksho

PostSubject: Re: Customizable Weaponry 2.0    Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:55 am

DCWasteland3r wrote:
Jeff Belinger wrote:

And don't forget hardsuits. It should be able to kill someone in a hardsuit on a direct hit.
Warheads for that should be insanely expensive if it gets in.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jeff Belinger

PostSubject: Re: Customizable Weaponry 2.0    Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:26 am

ya know what, get me C4 and anti-armor mines and i'll be ok fine too, and a shovel, gotta make them tank traps

HUEG BLAK DOODS
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Customizable Weaponry 2.0
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next