HomeFrostburntCalendarFAQSearchUsergroupsLog inRegisterMemberlistContent
Share | 

Quick Question about PAC

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ed the Fringe Settler

PostSubject: Quick Question about PAC   Mon Dec 01, 2014 2:34 am

Hey,

So I'm new to PAC and I think I've got a handle on it, I just want to see if its me or the server that's the problem.

So I wanted to change my model into something special. For example Arsonist is the pyro model. I've seen others as NCR rangers. Now from my research in order to do this, the player needs to do two things.

Spawn a ragdoll and bone merge it with the player

Change the model + textures.

Both of which I believe I can't do because the server requires you to be an admin to do them.

So is there any other way I can do those deep pac modifications? Like where others basically make their players into new people, can you do that once you get your pac application accepted?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jeff Belinger

PostSubject: Re: Quick Question about PAC   Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:25 am

>Seen others as NCR rangers

I guess Artik and I have pretty nifty PACs huh...

HUEG BLAK DOODS
having good rp doesnt make one fit for staff duties, especially if said people are always playing with the same small group of people and no one else. staying in an echo chamber only makes your own words reflected back to you and whoever else is in the chamber. people applying for staff need to not only know the staff, but also how the playerbase can react to interactions between itself, the general staff base and the applicant
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RedCloud

PostSubject: Re: Quick Question about PAC   Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:17 am

Stop fucking using >le ebin greentekct everywhere,  this isn't 4chan

Jeff Belinger

PostSubject: Re: Quick Question about PAC   Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:10 am

Hey, I'm not asking you to stop being a NaziMod on my ass, so how about you go find someone else to bother.

As for the PAC thing, as said previously, Facepunch gots loads of tutorial, YouTube got ya covered too. Artik seems damn good with PAC, Ameno's the server's Swedge Powerlord and Jamz is the Swedge Governator. Then there's a few other folks that are pretty good too, as for me, I can fix my own PAC most of the time, but I can't help anyone since I'm not knowledgeable beyond the things I was taught.

HUEG BLAK DOODS
having good rp doesnt make one fit for staff duties, especially if said people are always playing with the same small group of people and no one else. staying in an echo chamber only makes your own words reflected back to you and whoever else is in the chamber. people applying for staff need to not only know the staff, but also how the playerbase can react to interactions between itself, the general staff base and the applicant
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ArtikNinetails

PostSubject: Re: Quick Question about PAC   Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:16 am

I'll make a post quick about how I did it. A lot of people ask me, so I might as well show everyone.

Peace is for those who do not have the power to defeat their enemies.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ed the Fringe Settler

PostSubject: Re: Quick Question about PAC   Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:56 am

I watched a few tutorials and what not and think I got a good handle on it. It's just I'm wondering if making a person with a full body change like the examples I stated possible without ragdoll merging or model changing? Cause both of which require special permissions.

Only thing I can think of is taking the middle and cutting it up, however I have no idea how to do that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pripyat

PostSubject: Re: Quick Question about PAC   Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:00 am

Ed the Fringe Settler wrote:
I watched a few tutorials and what not and think I got a good handle on it. It's just I'm wondering if making a person with a full body change like the examples I stated possible without ragdoll merging or model changing? Cause both of which require special permissions.

Only thing I can think of is taking the middle and cutting it up, however I have no idea how to do that.

The only thing that requires special permissions in pac is to change your actual playermodel... Nothing else.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ed the Fringe Settler

PostSubject: Re: Quick Question about PAC   Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:45 pm

Ahhh I see what I was doing wrong in regards to the spawning of ragdolls.

However, what I'm trying to do is put a ragdoll from a add on without having Error Signs. I did the whole Gmad thing that is in the forum and it works fine. However the object i extracted doesn't have any bones, therefore I can't merge it with my player model. So I'm trying to figure out how to merge the ragdoll to my body without everyone seeing error signs. I think im going to try putting in the textured object and hiding it, maybe people will still load it. Not sure.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ArtikNinetails

PostSubject: Re: Quick Question about PAC   Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:00 pm

It's only an error if the players don't have the model you are using. It's a bad idea to use the model of some random addon no one has. But if it is a model that is on the server that everyone has, then it should be okay.

Also: http://www.frostburnt.com/t1788-guide-manually-bone-merging-a-model-in-pac#11955

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ed the Fringe Settler

PostSubject: Re: Quick Question about PAC   Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:31 am

So I finished my first attempt. Thank you a ton for your help. The results. Can't wait to get whitelisted for the PAC. Does anyone know how long it takes generally?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jeff Belinger

PostSubject: Re: Quick Question about PAC   Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:13 am

Very nice. Fuck, if I could, I'd give it to you. This PAC looks very good.

HUEG BLAK DOODS
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ed the Fringe Settler

PostSubject: Re: Quick Question about PAC   Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:21 pm

Ok I'm a bit confused.

So I tried doing the bonemerge as some has suggested. While this worked, as you can see in the picture, no one could see me. I was invisible.

Then I tried following this guide,
http://www.frostburnt.com/t1141-guide-custom-models-and-textures-in-pac3

And that didn't work either. I tried importing a model form of the ragdoll and people couldn't see it. I assume it was because it was too big.

Then I tried just putting in the models of the NCR rangers to see if anyone could see it, no one could.

So my question is this. How do you bone merge a ragdoll and people can still see you? Someone said you need an addon supported by the server. If this is true, does anyone have a list of where I can fine these?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tactical Bacon

PostSubject: Re: Quick Question about PAC   Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:27 pm

May be a problem with where you're importing them from. I know that dropbox fucked up and the if you had textures from there it didn't work. So maybe just a problem with the place you're importing from.

It could also be that they had PAC turned off.

Never pet a burning dog.

Feels fuckin' good to kill I guess.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ed the Fringe Settler

PostSubject: Re: Quick Question about PAC   Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:40 pm

Yeah I'm not sure. It would explain why were seeing Errors and some weren't. The model I'm taking the ragdoll from is from killing floor addon, so it's probably that. I'm going to try it with just small single objects (like a mask), see if that works.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ArtikNinetails

PostSubject: Re: Quick Question about PAC   Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:02 pm

Unless you are using a custom model, only people with said addon/game will be able to see it.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ed the Fringe Settler

PostSubject: Re: Quick Question about PAC   Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:47 pm

I see. That explains a lot. Thank you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Quick Question about PAC
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1