HomeFrostburntCalendarFAQSearchUsergroupsLog inRegisterMemberlistContent
Share | 

[Guide] Manually bone merging a model in PAC

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ArtikNinetails

PostSubject: [Guide] Manually bone merging a model in PAC   Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:39 am

So a lot of people have seen me walking around as an NCR Ranger model from Fallout: New Vegas. When asked about how I do it, I say you have to manually bone merge the model because the bones don't fit to HL2 Biped bones. They would then ask to have a copy of my PAC for themselves which I have to say no to. I'm hoping to show you all how to manually bone merge a model using some pictures and some information on what is happening in them.

YOU NEED TO HAVE PAC BASIC MODE DISABLED. TYPE "pac_basic_mode 0" IN CONSOLE GAAWWWWWDDDDD

We'll just use my current bone merged model to do everything easy. (Note, I am currently using a custom texture for the body, a custom helmet model, and a custom helmet texture)

Basic parts include:
An entity part to hide our base player entity
Bone group for moving bones around. We do not use this for scaling bones, only moving them because you can't move a bone merged bone from the model.
A base model of your playermodel (Skeleton) with models on each of the bones for the new model to have points for bone merging
A model of the prop (or ragdoll in this matter) that you will manually bone merge
(Optional, but needed if you want hands that move) A second base model of your playermodel for the hands ONLY.

First step is to place a model on EVERY bone on your skeleton model. This is what it looks like.

Next, find your model. In our case, it's the NCR Ranger model from FF Playermodels addon. (I have shifted it backwards to make it easier to see the bone merging happen.) From now on, I will have the skeleton models invisible as well.

Now, we have to create a bone (The actual bone part) on each of the bones on the Ranger model. Because this is just a tutorial, I am going to be using just the head and chest.

There is a part under the bone settings called "follow part name." It's the bottom selection under "generic." Click that and you will have a bunch of dots appear all over your model where you placed the bone merge point models. Click on the point that is the point you want the bone to merge with.

At first, you might get something like this:

Buts thats because we haven't finished with all the bones. Just keep doing all of them and you will come out with something like this: (note, adjustment of the bone merge point models may be required)

Keep doing all the bones and you will soon have your own bone merged model!

The rest will be in text only because the process for it is long and too many pictures required.

You can go ahead and pick a helmet/hair/mask or whatever and place it on the Ranger model attached to your head bone.

For the hands, i suggest you create a Group called "Hands" in your right or left arm group. Shrink all the bones down from the Ranger hands and make them follow a single bone merge point in your hand so you basically won't have hands at all.

Now you need to add a second base playermodel bone merged and shrink it down to 0.02. Add some bones to the bones of the hands of this model, and then resize them to 50 (yes 50). Do that to all the bones in the hand and you should come out with a nice bone merged model with hands from HL2.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RemnantJohn

PostSubject: Re: [Guide] Manually bone merging a model in PAC   Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:14 pm

any chance you can upload a pac with just the bone points and a model with the bones attached? i've been trying this for hours and whenever i go to the follow part name option, only his head will move
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bizz
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: [Guide] Manually bone merging a model in PAC   Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:13 am

Oh wow that's a lot simpler than I thought it would be. Thanks for the guide.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frostburnt.com/

[Guide] Manually bone merging a model in PAC
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1