HomeFrostburntCalendarFAQSearchUsergroupsLog inRegisterMemberlistContent

Share | 

Enclave Vs. Conglomerates, Who would win?

Go down 

Who do you think would win?
Enclave would win.
50%
 50% [ 7 ]
Conglomerates would win.
36%
 36% [ 5 ]
Neither would win (both lose in the end).
14%
 14% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 14

AuthorMessage
janho5

PostSubject: Enclave Vs. Conglomerates, Who would win?   Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:52 pm

Just wondering who you guys think would win in a war (and I mean ALL OUT war!), the Enclave from the fallout series, or the conglomerate's from, of course, Post Nuke. I feel they would both have a semi-equal chance at beating one another due to their technological superiority, but Id like to hear from your opinions!

These are the Enclave I am talking about, if your confused :3.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"L'Chaim!"
             Yanklemyer Narosti

WHERE THE F**K ARE THE CHEMICALS?!?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coront
Ban

PostSubject: Re: Enclave Vs. Conglomerates, Who would win?   Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:06 pm

I've always wanted to join the Enclave, i'll go with them
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chess
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

PostSubject: Re: Enclave Vs. Conglomerates, Who would win?   Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:59 pm

Depends on the term of enclave, like from what fallout. Each had different shit.

janho5

PostSubject: Re: Enclave Vs. Conglomerates, Who would win?   Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:14 pm

Lets say that the Enclave is at its full power at this time (In the Fallout 2 era, generally), still mainly located at the Control Station Enclave (Poseidon Energy Oil Rig). Still with its vertibirds and tesla power armor.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tactical Bacon

PostSubject: Re: Enclave Vs. Conglomerates, Who would win?   Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:43 pm

imho we don't have enough info about the New Conglomerate's lore to make a definitive answer.

If we're talking about New Conglomerate currently at post nuke... It's hard to say. All we've really seen were guys teleporting out of no where, I imagine in lore they're far more dangerous however. Probably still have decent manpower with some industrial input.

If we're talking pre-blow-up-the-world-New Conglomerate, then we're talking about air power, armored support, a far superior industrial output, and mechanized infantry. If the after apocalypse New Conglomerate can still maintain strikes into enemy territory with some amount of recklessness, then I'm certain that they would have been VERY dangerous before.

All I've really seen of the Enclave is their air assault, and I'm fairly certain that even most anti-air of today's world can bring them down. Sure, they COULD have motorized or mechanized infantry, but I doubt they would have those if we're talking about the Fallout 2 guys. Sure the verti-birds can do attack runs and what not, but that does not favor them if the other side has equal, or even superior firepower.

But then again we're basically talking about two different continents with no real means of moving massive amounts of troops trying to get at each other. There's no solid answer, but I would go with the New Conglomerate due to them being able to quickly and quietly be inserted anywhere. A verti-bird can be shot down and everyone aboard dies, but a teleporter is harder to hit and can be more stealthy during a night insertion. Even if it is hit only that is lost. Not to mention the teleporter itself could still function and teleport it's payload but at a shorter distance.

Never pet a burning dog.

Feels fuckin' good to kill I guess.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
janho5

PostSubject: Re: Enclave Vs. Conglomerates, Who would win?   Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:56 pm

I don't think the Conglomerates "Teleport" their troops into a battle zone, but instead a type of pod filled with various soldiers, shot right to earth from a space station of a sort. Now I might be completely wrong, but that's just what I thought for a while.

Also, on another semi-related note, I've noticed the Conglomerate armor as well as Enclave armor are different, but the same. With the Conglomerates boosting their protection against Pulse Munitions and electric attacks, and Enclave against lasers and plasma. They're also both power armors, with Conglomerates taking charge from stations and also in on-the-go battery's, with health also available in the same manner. The Enclaves armor is charged from a pack on its back which I think lasts a year or so, and the enclave get health through medical stimpaks. So in a sense, they are both somewhat equal.
_________________________________________________________________________________
"L'Chaim!"
            Yanklemyer Narosti

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tactical Bacon

PostSubject: Re: Enclave Vs. Conglomerates, Who would win?   Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:20 pm

https://sites.google.com/site/frostburntwiki/creatures/conglomerate-soldier

Now, I could be wrong, but your general knowledge of post nuke lore isn't that expansive. I would suggest reading that and the lore on the wiki to expand it.

The page itself doesn't say that it's teleportation, but there's no other logical way, unless the Conglomerate themselves are tiny people inside the pods and magically grow once they land.

And I don't think that New Conglomerate armor itself is designed to be specifically resistant to pulse rounds (idk how pulse works, so disambiguated. Bizzclaw if you could specify how they worked, I thank you in advance) or electricity. In-game armor description says its optimized for combat (I think?) and harsh conditions. On the wiki, "The armor's make seems similar to that of the Juggernaut Suit, for it's resistance to fire is innately low. Perhaps the materials used for this piece hit closer to home that we'd like to believe?" From the Conglomerate Body Armor page. Materials similar to juggernaut armor. Thermal, toxic, radiation and impact resistance all in one I guess. Plus ballistic resistance obviously. Idk on the charging from stations or "on-the-go batteries" but I'm assuming that the Conglomerate use a much more advanced medkit even to our "VIP" medkit although they DO only drop small medkits. Must be for game play reasons, not lore.

But holy Emperor himself, a battery that lasts for a year... That's... That's something alright.

Never pet a burning dog.

Feels fuckin' good to kill I guess.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
janho5

PostSubject: Re: Enclave Vs. Conglomerates, Who would win?   Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:02 pm

Alright, alright , I have read the lore before, my memory is just fuzzy, besides, there is a physical pod that is leftover in a in-game Conglomerate drop, so maybe they are....tiny people (not really, lol). But I do thank you a lot for the clarification, I just visited the wiki page, again (Some stuff still is not up yet Xd), and have seen you for the most part are completely right. I do see, though, that they do drop shield modules....so maybe in a sense, they require that part of their armor setup to defend themselves, like Tactical Bacon said, from thermal, toxic, radiation and impacts (Such as bullets and melee attacks), or else their armor is just a hardened synthetic leather, possibly?

Also, lol's to Tactical Bacon! A battery that holds and supplies a charge that lasts a year? Sign me up for a hundr- NO a thousand! Stat! (My fucking wireless Razor headset uses 2 every 3 hours alone!)
_________________________________________________________________________________
"L'Chaim!"
Yanklemyer Narosti

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bizz
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Enclave Vs. Conglomerates, Who would win?   Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:19 am

The pods are merely beacons with teleporters built into them. Once the pod touches down it connects with some far off teleporter and sends the troops through, projecting them around the pod.

In all honesty though, I don't like this. This is how TBU did it, but I'd much rather have combine be dropped into the battlefield in a similar manner as the enclave with a helicopter or drop ship. I just haven't gotten around to coding it yet.

Also, suits of power armor have Microfusion cells built into them that can make the suit move for a hundred years.

Oh and don't forget guys, if you're going to compare Post-War Conglomerate to the Enclave, the Enclave also have a post-war equivalent: The United States of America during 2770.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frostburnt.com/
Coront
Ban

PostSubject: Re: Enclave Vs. Conglomerates, Who would win?   Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:00 pm

2770? Do you mean 2270? Fallout hasn't gotten anywhere near the 28th Century yet!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
janho5

PostSubject: Re: Enclave Vs. Conglomerates, Who would win?   Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:13 pm

Bizzclaw wrote:
The pods are merely beacons with teleporters built into them. Once the pod touches down it connects with some far off teleporter and sends the troops through, projecting them around the pod.

In all honesty though, I don't like this. This is how TBU did it, but I'd much rather have combine be dropped into the battlefield in a similar manner as the enclave with a helicopter or drop ship. I just haven't gotten around to coding it yet.

Also, suits of power armor have Microfusion cells built into them that can make the suit move for a hundred years.

Oh and don't forget guys, if you're going to compare Post-War Conglomerate to the Enclave, the Enclave also have a post-war equivalent: The United States of America during 2770.

Well then, guess I am wrong, the Conglomerate Troops are teleported in (for now!).

Also, just curious Bizzclaw, what is the TBU (Please don't get mad that I don't know and that its something obvious Xr).
"L'Chaim!"
Yanklemyer Narosti

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Coront
Ban

PostSubject: Re: Enclave Vs. Conglomerates, Who would win?   Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:40 pm

It is the "Official" Postnuke server, it died out a long time ago, but is still up for some reason. No-one goes on it anymore though
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DCWasteland3r

PostSubject: Re: Enclave Vs. Conglomerates, Who would win?   Sat Dec 06, 2014 12:47 pm

This though just occurred to me, I'm not sure about how genetically pure the conglomerate are, so the Enclave could potentially just kill them all with modified FEV.

Edit: The Enclave also have artillery, assuming their only cannons weren't at Adams AFB.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Enclave Vs. Conglomerates, Who would win?   

Back to top Go down

Enclave Vs. Conglomerates, Who would win?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Fallout Decay :: Fallout Decay General Discussion-
Jump to: