HomeFrostburntCalendarFAQSearchUsergroupsLog inRegisterMemberlistContent
Share | 

Faction Uniforms.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
DCWasteland3r

PostSubject: Faction Uniforms.   Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:16 pm

A couple days ago, after Sgt. Vonkyle asked me to make him a military-style PAC, I decided to create a uniform for all of my troops, and myself. Here are a few examples, including my own "custom" uniform.
Spoiler:

Yes, Vonkyle is missing a leg. Thank Chacon and Ruby for that.
I primarily did this to improve RP and immersion in my faction, and so far it's been promising. I would highly recommend that other factions adopt their own uniform. It increases visibility and intimidation factor, and it looks cool.

Rezzy

PostSubject: Re: Faction Uniforms.   Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:39 pm

These are pretty cool, I wish more factions had uniforms. That way they'd actually feel like factions rather then just a bunch of people with a communal storage.

PostSubject: Re: Faction Uniforms.   Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:35 am

Back to top Go down
Whitewood

PostSubject: Re: Faction Uniforms.   Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:35 am

The prospect and idea of having factional uniforms for communities is a nice, welcome addition to the server for aiding rp. However, theres only one huge problem with that really. You'd need to have every single member apply for PAC3 on the forums, so that means, when you get new members within your community, youd have to get them to get that PAC3 app accepted, thats the only downside i see in DC's idea.

Also, Tellis.
If you cant say anything nice or contribute politely, dont say anything at all. Its just common courtesy and of the few golden rules in life.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zontar

PostSubject: Re: Faction Uniforms.   Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:28 am

Already thought about something like this.
Great Idea for more RP

Patrick Schindler, aye
Back to top Go down
View user profile
:F|F: Price
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: Faction Uniforms.   Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:54 am

A simpler way to obtain intimidation factor would be to wear the same armor type throughout your group. You might not look as unique as youd like but its easier than getting all 20 members PAC3 and getting them the pac you made. As long as you all look mostly the same it should give off a good intimidation effect.. depending on the armor as well of course..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cap-Coop

PostSubject: Re: Faction Uniforms.   Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:16 am

Maybe when Bizz finishes the new player models this could be a thing? O3O

☽ Luna Nobis Providet ☽
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bizzclaw
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Faction Uniforms.   Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:17 pm

If anything I need to make the PAC3 white listing automated (based on time spent on the server maybe?) or make an in-game application system. So far, Using the forums for PAC white listing has proven less than adequate.

Also, just so everyone knows, the Fallout 3 models are currently included in the server's automated downloads. I highly recommend that everyone makes their PAC outfits compatible with the new models in preparation for the update.

I feel like a lot of people believes they will just instantly switch back to Half Life 2 models when the system is in place, however I must remind everyone that the use of fallout models is ideal as the animations and character creation system are completely worth remaking your PAC, heck you might not even need PAC due to it. Also, once that system is in place, be advised that I will be removing all of the current armors from the Server Download as they will no longer be used by default and will take up space.

Hmm.. I just thought about it and I may be able to make some sort of converter PAC tool that goes through your PAC Outfit and substitutes all of the valve bone bindings with the fallout bones while applying offsets, it probably won't be until after the system is implemented though, and even if it does work it wouldn't be perfect.

Oh and tellis, knock it off with the shitposting.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frostburnt.com/

PostSubject: Re: Faction Uniforms.   Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:35 pm

Back to top Go down
StormySunrise

PostSubject: Re: Faction Uniforms.   Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:06 pm

Bizzclaw wrote:
If anything I need to make the PAC3 white listing automated (based on time spent on the server maybe?) or make an in-game application system. So far, Using the forums for PAC white listing has proven less than adequate.

Also, just so everyone knows, the Fallout 3 models are currently included in the server's automated downloads. I highly recommend that everyone makes their PAC outfits compatible with the new models in preparation for the update.

I feel like a lot of people believes they will just instantly switch back to Half Life 2 models when the system is in place, however I must remind everyone that the use of fallout models is ideal as the animations and character creation system are completely worth remaking your PAC, heck you might not even need PAC due to it. Also, once that system is in place, be advised that I will be removing all of the current armors from the Server Download as they will no longer be used by default and will take up space.

Hmm.. I just thought about it and I may be able to make some sort of converter PAC tool that goes through your PAC Outfit and substitutes all of the valve bone bindings with the fallout bones while applying offsets, it probably won't be until after the system is implemented though, and even if it does work it wouldn't be perfect.

Oh and tellis, knock it off with the shitposting.

Excuse me but how do we adapt it to the new system, do we replace the entity with the playermodel, or are there links to the content pack im missing?

117'th Legion Remnant

99% Caustic Chloride Mustard Gas Toxic 24/7
Back to top Go down
View user profile
|Antony|

PostSubject: Re: Faction Uniforms.   Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:20 pm

I think this is a good idea and will certainly enhance RP, however, if it were me, I would have an actual UNIFORM. For example, importing a reskin for the combine soldiers or metro police while still having everything else?

DCWasteland3r

PostSubject: Re: Faction Uniforms.   Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:04 pm

|Antony| wrote:
I think this is a good idea and will certainly enhance RP, however, if it were me, I would have an actual UNIFORM. For example, importing a reskin for the combine soldiers or metro police while still having everything else?

I was planning on making a reskin actually. I just need some kind of base to work off of.

Bizzclaw
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Faction Uniforms.   Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:12 pm

StormySunrise wrote:

Excuse me but how do we adapt it to the new system, do we replace the entity with the playermodel, or are there links to the content pack im missing?

It's under browse>fallout>players and yes, you should be able to switch your entity to the fallout models currently. Test that for me.
If not though, you could always make a model in pac anywhere, make a group on it and put all of your PAc stuff on there. Once the Models actually become available, you'll just drag that group into your base PAC outfit root so it will parent to your player model instead of the other one. Common sense for anyone who uses PAC.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frostburnt.com/
|Antony|

PostSubject: Re: Faction Uniforms.   Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:17 pm

DCWasteland3r wrote:
|Antony| wrote:

I was planning on making a reskin actually. I just need some kind of base to work off of.

Maybe this might help as a starting point? I havent looked closely at these though.

http://hl2.gamebanana.com/skins/122810

DCWasteland3r

PostSubject: Re: Faction Uniforms.   Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:38 pm

Thanks for the link. These do look pretty good.

|Antony|

PostSubject: Re: Faction Uniforms.   Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:54 pm

DCWasteland3r wrote:
Thanks for the link. These do look pretty good.
Sure. Also if (for some odd reason) you lack image-editing software, go ahead and download this:

www.getpaint.net

Also you will not be able to use the models with the dusters, as it adds a complete different model. Unless you cut the duster completely off and import it as a separate model and look like a grasshopper, unless there is an HL2 model that i don't know about

Faction Uniforms.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1