HomeFrostburntCalendarFAQSearchUsergroupsLog inRegisterMemberlistContent
Share | 

[Guide] Very easy yet compromised bonemerged playermodel guide

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
RemnantJohn

PostSubject: [Guide] Very easy yet compromised bonemerged playermodel guide   Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:19 pm

alright so i'm making this tutorial for anyone who looked at Artik's Guide and had trouble understanding it. this is to present a much easier way to do the same thing (AND IT FIXES THE BLADE HANDS BUG!). if you want to wear armor and use this method of bonemerging type pnrp_armor_drawmode in console to make your armor invisible

alright step one (ignore the playermodel i have on, my brother plays lots of singleplayer). we create an entity so that we can perform the next step

now we just tick the "hide entity" box to hide our playermodel

now we created a model and set it to whatever ragdoll/playermodel we want. i'm going to use the solaire of darksouls playermodel because it has 5 fingers.

tick the "bonemerge" box in the settings of the model to make it like this. if you got to this step and you see the hands all screwed up and they just look like blades going off into the distance, that's OKAY i'm about to show you how to fix this.

now we create a model/bone (not an entity bone, that'll create a new bone, we don't want that.)

parent said bone to "right hand"

now we set "scale children" to true because we don't want to go through and resize all of his fingers. (just makes it quicker)

now we just set "size" to 0 to make it wee little.

i skipped a few steps here, you can clone the bone you just scaled, and then parent it to his left hand to remove his left hand as well

now i import any model of my choosing that has 3 fingers, any hl2 models besides mossman, breen, alyx, and Gman will do for this.

skipped some more steps, bonemerge that model you just imported, and then set it's "size" to exactly 0.01 (this is so it is basically invisible but will still properly follow the bones.

now we do the same process that we did for the playermodel we want, except in reverse. (MAKE SURE you put the bone under the hl2 model you are using.)

parent the bone to his right hand, and change the "size" to 100 to get this!(DON'T FORGET to set "scale children" to true)

duplicate the bone, parent it to his left hand, and then you have hands! now you have a bonemerged playermodel to run around in.

Last edited by RemnantJohn on Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ameno-Sagiri
Ban

PostSubject: Re: [Guide] Very easy yet compromised bonemerged playermodel guide   Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:04 am

Doesn't work for the Fallout models FYI to anyone who reads.

The Fallout models need to be manually bonemerged because they have different bones than Valve Biped.

Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: [Guide] Very easy yet compromised bonemerged playermodel guide   Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:19 am

This doesn't tell you what Artik's Guide tells you. Artik's guide details how to manually bone merge models. This is automatically bone merging, and only works on models that share the same rig (bone structure and bone names) as Default Half Life 2 models.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frostburnt.com/
RemnantJohn

PostSubject: Re: [Guide] Very easy yet compromised bonemerged playermodel guide   Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:35 pm

Ameno-Sagiri wrote:
Doesn't work for the Fallout models FYI to anyone who reads.

The Fallout models need to be manually bonemerged because they have different bones than Valve Biped.

just tried this with an NCR ranger model (the one artik uses) and it worked just fine, not sure what happened when you tried it
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ArtikNinetails

PostSubject: Re: [Guide] Very easy yet compromised bonemerged playermodel guide   Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:40 pm

You must have the Fallout Ragdolls addon pack. That addon pack is not what the server uses, and was custom rigged with the HL2 models.

Peace is for those who do not have the power to defeat their enemies.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
xXxLegit_SwagxXx
Ban

PostSubject: Re: [Guide] Very easy yet compromised bonemerged playermodel guide   Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:43 pm

This may work in single player where you have downloaded the player models from the workshop. But on a server you need to manually export the models and textures into something as dropbox. Or you USED to be able to use dropbox before it turned into shitbox. Either way. YOu may be able to see this pac but unless you upload it and use the uploaded one which CANT be bonemerged it will just appear as an error to everyone else. (Also I made a pac app that was never responded too Sad can I get some help with that.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DCWasteland3r

PostSubject: Re: [Guide] Very easy yet compromised bonemerged playermodel guide   Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:35 pm

I'm not able to get rid of the hand blades with this method. Am I missing something?

RemnantJohn

PostSubject: Re: [Guide] Very easy yet compromised bonemerged playermodel guide   Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:06 am

sorry DC, forgot to mention there's another option just beneath the "scale children" setting in the bones on the playermodel you want, It has something to do with "moving" or something, i'll check when I get home
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DCWasteland3r

PostSubject: Re: [Guide] Very easy yet compromised bonemerged playermodel guide   Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:30 pm

I figured it out. You just have to bonemerge the extra fingers to a model on the hand, a lot like you do in Artik's guide.

RemnantJohn

PostSubject: Re: [Guide] Very easy yet compromised bonemerged playermodel guide   Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:24 pm

no, you should be able to do what i did by ticking the setting just below "scale children" it should be "move to owner" or something along those lines, it will remove the blades and leave you with a stump where his hand goes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

[Guide] Very easy yet compromised bonemerged playermodel guide
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1