Share | 

Donation system finally fixed + Sale

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bizzclaw
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Donation system finally fixed + Sale   Fri Dec 12, 2014 3:32 pm

After much fiddling, testing and considerable headache I was able to get into contact with the creator of our donation system (finally) and fix it. It was a few values I had to change and I also had to teach myself how to edit MySQL Databases (ugh) because something got corrupted. The system has been tested and it does now work, so go ahead and try it if you want to donate now because the system will automatically give you your donation benefits in-game (within 60 seconds maximum). Please report any issues with it on the forums.

That aside, I can't believe it's been almost two years since I started this server. I honestly never thought that I would get very far, I honestly never intended to keep it up for more than a few months. When I first started the server as Accel Gaming, my only real intention was to play Postnuke again with my friends as I had done before I had been banned from TBU. I've actually hosted other server's before, but never really garnered any player base at all, so I didn't expect to get more players than TBU regularly despite the fact that we had a lower maximum player count of 15 as opposed to their's of 30. We where also not he only Postnuke server. In the beginning there where several, some with better content that our's. It's hard to imagine that this is the only server left other than TBU, but that's because of partly my stubbornness and the support of this community, which despite it's faults is still pretty remarkable for a Garrysmod community (we're very well off compared to many others). I'd like to thank everyone who's been sticking with the server for this long time (you know who you are) and I'd also like to thank all of our players for reporting bugs, sticking through multiple character resets and rollbacks, putting up with server instability caused by systems in development while allowing me to better these systems and for being patient while I fix things like the donation system.

So in light of the holiday season, I'd like to extend my thanks to the community and celebrate this two year anniversary. I am imposing a sale by lowering the donation amount needed to unlock donation rewards. All of the temporary donation benefits are now 40% Off while the permanent donation option 60% off.

Please note that the purchase system's Terms of Service has been updated.

The sale will run until early January, so pick it up if you want to give it a try. Don't forget that we also listen to our donators if they make requests about donation benefits and we often add them, such as the Holo TVs which allow you to play youtube videos in-game, so post your suggestions in the forums.

Happy Holidays!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frostburnt.com/

Donation system finally fixed + Sale
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1