HomeFrostburntCalendarFAQSearchUsergroupsLog inRegisterMemberlistContent
Share | 

New Spawn Point for gm_postnukemetro_ameno_p3

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ed the Fringe Settler

PostSubject: New Spawn Point for gm_postnukemetro_ameno_p3    Fri Dec 12, 2014 6:06 pm

This map despertly needs a new spawn point. The current one is horrific.

Why the current one is bad.

1. Ant lions and Ant Lion guardians frequently spawn around it. It's not uncommon for me to look over at spawn and see some newbie getting decimated by a guardian

2. There are no nearby "good" towns. The only town that's near by is the half ruined one. That one only has 2 buildings that are actual buildings. People go there and fortify with walls and just sit around those two buildings. It's constantly under attack by ant lions too. Every 5-8 minutes it seemed like there was a guardian attacking it. Usually it was surrounded by guardians who only stay at bay thanks to a miner someone would place town. However with the removal of adv duplicator i seriously doubt many people will base here. It's a bit of a chore to put up walls around it by hand.

3. People often don't know the metro exists. Don't ask me why, but it seems like nobody every goes down into the metro via the spawn entry. I'm not sure if it's just too daunting or what.

My suggestion

Put it in the Metro at the station right by spawn. Not outside of it, inside of it.

Why a Metro Spawnpoint is good

1. Less Lag on spawning. Since you dont have a huge open area when spawning in, it would probably hit players with less lag at the start

2. Radiation storms. Since the spawn has one building that's a cover, a metro would allow new players to realize what's going on first. I've seen newbies stand around in a rad storm from the spawn because they don't know what's going on.

3. The Metro station is set up as a town. There's shops to open up in, there's places to "live". You've got a variety of purchasable areas near the main station. It would look so much better cosmetic wise to set up shop there.

4. Players aren't constantly being bombarded by monsters.

Just my thoughts at least. I think the current spawn location is horrific and makes the map overly hard for any new player spawning in and is horrifically unpleasing to the eyes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bizzclaw
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: New Spawn Point for gm_postnukemetro_ameno_p3    Fri Dec 12, 2014 6:11 pm

Advanced duplicator was removed?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frostburnt.com/
Ice Frost

PostSubject: Re: New Spawn Point for gm_postnukemetro_ameno_p3    Fri Dec 12, 2014 6:16 pm

Bizzclaw wrote:
Advanced duplicator was removed?

Yes, probably someone is crashing the server.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ed the Fringe Settler

PostSubject: Re: New Spawn Point for gm_postnukemetro_ameno_p3    Fri Dec 12, 2014 6:19 pm

Yeah server crashed and it was gone. Apparently something to do with prop limit not being set at 50 and people crashing the server by spawning huge stuff. Something along those lines were being said in chat.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

New Spawn Point for gm_postnukemetro_ameno_p3
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1