HomeFrostburntCalendarFAQSearchUsergroupsLog inRegisterMemberlistContent
Share | 

Kidnapping, Safeland, Wasteland...Sparta...Bandits. Making things more interesting.

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Anchorman
Retiree

PostSubject: Kidnapping, Safeland, Wasteland...Sparta...Bandits. Making things more interesting.   Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:18 pm

Basically what I want to say is its safeland not a wasteland. Its pretty much impossible for bandits to be bandits. Like I don't think there is anything besides raiding and f2ing dropped items or stealing from cases...And I'm pretty sure bandits kill too and not just steal. There is like no opportunity for communities to start a war unless both sides agree which is kinda bullshit. I'm pretty sure that wars aren't about agreements. Probably more like disagreements...So I find it kinda bullshit that people can't kidnap eachother aswell. Atleast make it so that we can kidnap and if the person doesn't want to be kidnapped they have to fight for it...Like make the rules specific and state in a section of the rules that Kidnapping isn't allowed to be twisted at all and must be strictly within the rules. And if its not the person will be punished severely. Saying on how Bizzclaw at this point has made it clear that kidnapping is about to get removed for good. I think it would be fair that people would take a good solid punishment if they twist the rule in anyway. I honestly feel like it got removed due to one party trying to get another banned and trying to make it as easy as possible for themselves in the server. The party that did the complaining literally sat there and tried to get people banned for atleast an hour. Just because there was actually a change and people came back and things happened that people weren't use too. AKA bandits or players that liked to rp as bandits and run their faction in a raiding manor. Everytime a raider comes along everyone gives him shit for raiding if they clearly already know what he does and how he operates. If someone wanted to kidnap me I'd fight for it and not just have a friend shit a car out of his ass and drive away with him. If there are people kidnapping than do something about it be a hero make shit more interesting. Don't just run away its worth a try...if you never try you're never going to get good at it. Theres going to be a time when theres an person who likes raiding and acting as a bandit and eventually you're going to need to know how to handle him. And in my opinion this would make the wastes more interesting if we actually have people standing up against the bad doods who are kidnapping and shiet....

Also fyi the people kidnapping the day it was taken off the server weren't even that powerful and if you guys talk so much shit about them its not going to get you anywhere except in more deep shit with them. Anyways, kidnapping can be a motive for heroes to be heroes and make everything more interesting. So what if you lose shit? I honestly wouldn't give a shit if I lose a hardsuit I can just get another one later. I haven't made any of the new armors at all...I got them from raids and wars and hits. If ye all like working together so much than work together and take down the so called "ASSHOLES" that are kidnapping, raiding, killing, stealing and all of these things. If you really really want it to be a safeland work together and eliminate anyone who act as bandits or oppose you. If Sparta were being bastards to me I'd wait til the others see it and then I'd team up with them and war Sparta or ask to war Sparta when I'm ready and when my allies are ready. If you go up to Phil in game and ask him about a war or declare war in the factions menu thing we would gladly accept.

If you guys are so good at working together than REALLY REALLY show it and do something about these bandits. Make the wasteland more safe try and look like heroes. And remember this there will always be trash talkers EVERYWHERE...Don't feel bad if you fail once and they're sitting there making fun of you.
At this point if anyone warred Sparta I'd probably instantly develop respect for them and realize that they have some balls and most of all potential. I really don't understand why anyone is scared... Grab a model cmg or mac 11 and kill a hardsuit/jugg in a magazine or half a magazine. And if ye can't hit the shots then practice and you'll be able to eventually. And I'm not in the mood to hear "We don't war Sparta because they have admins." Admins don't mean anything in fighting at ALL. Maybe they have some more experience but if you really try at something you can be as good as anyone and get even better. So please don't just wait for the bandits to shoot people. Lets have some heroes and people teaming up and standing up to the bandits. I know I've said this before but it would make EVERYTHING more interesting and fun at some points. If you don't like the amount of crap yer losing than change your tactics or get off and try again later.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DCWasteland3r

PostSubject: Re: Kidnapping, Safeland, Wasteland...Sparta...Bandits. Making things more interesting.   Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:48 pm

-You are the master of textwalls.

-Seriously though, I don't think "Safeland" Is the right way to describe the current situation. There's still radiation, giant bullet-resistant ant monsters, mutant humans dogs and bears, a fair number of violent people/raiders, and, to top it all of, killer spacemen, Collin's "Space Program", and Red's Piloting "Skills". The way I see it, with the decline of several factions and the rise of several new ones, the wasteland is just in a bit more of a "politically stable" state. Either A: It is a phase that will pass, or B: Humanity is starting to actually rebuild it'sself (In RP) and will end up united under one flag (hopefully mine, probably not), causing the players in the dominant faction to basically "Win" the game. From the looks of it, A is a lot more likely. So what I'm trying to say here is, simply put, don't worry about it.

- I'll try to cause a bit more trouble with my faction once I build it up. Keep things interesting.

Anchorman
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: Kidnapping, Safeland, Wasteland...Sparta...Bandits. Making things more interesting.   Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:50 pm

Thank you DC I appreciate the effort and I understand your points of view.

Whitewood

PostSubject: Re: Kidnapping, Safeland, Wasteland...Sparta...Bandits. Making things more interesting.   Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:27 pm

If theres any suggestion, Charles.
Please. please break your typing up into segments that way people can read your posts easier, i get lost a couple times trying to reading it and keep track of where im at. .

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Marty Mcfly

PostSubject: Re: Kidnapping, Safeland, Wasteland...Sparta...Bandits. Making things more interesting.   Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:33 pm

There are no "Heros". People only work together in settlements, and Admins can get angry at like 1 small thing from a battle and kick one by one the team with no admins loses because of accidentaly doing 1 thing an admin catches. Also DC no offense but I would like to see a faction take the server "over" in a sense or be destroy all other small factions being a kind of Reich killing all" weak people" or trying to make a power that is trying to control the world. I just don't see it happening

Marty Mcfly

PostSubject: Re: Kidnapping, Safeland, Wasteland...Sparta...Bandits. Making things more interesting.   Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:42 pm

If that faction were to try it would be incredibly unlikely that they would succeed because people would rise up to battle this "common threat".

DCWasteland3r

PostSubject: Re: Kidnapping, Safeland, Wasteland...Sparta...Bandits. Making things more interesting.   Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:43 pm

God dammit. The forum deleted my post.

RedCloud

PostSubject: Re: Kidnapping, Safeland, Wasteland...Sparta...Bandits. Making things more interesting.   Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:14 pm

DCWasteland3r wrote:
to top it all of, killer spacemen, Collin's "Space Program", and Red's Piloting "Skills".
DCWasteland3r wrote:
Collin's "Space Program", and Red's Piloting "Skills".
DCWasteland3r wrote:
Red's Piloting "Skills".

DCWasteland3r

PostSubject: Re: Kidnapping, Safeland, Wasteland...Sparta...Bandits. Making things more interesting.   Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:18 pm

RedCloud wrote:
DCWasteland3r wrote:
to top it all of, killer spacemen, Collin's "Space Program", and Red's Piloting "Skills".
DCWasteland3r wrote:
Collin's "Space Program", and Red's Piloting "Skills".
DCWasteland3r wrote:
Red's Piloting "Skills".

I take it you taught that bird how to fly?

RedCloud

PostSubject: Re: Kidnapping, Safeland, Wasteland...Sparta...Bandits. Making things more interesting.   Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:29 pm

DC ur playin' w/ forces u dun understand. Remember, Republic of Nova Ukraina is finally getting its air force in working order. and its real easy to teach 4 little birds to nose dive into a UAR embassy while shouting I DID IT FOR LULZ.

DCWasteland3r

PostSubject: Re: Kidnapping, Safeland, Wasteland...Sparta...Bandits. Making things more interesting.   Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:49 pm

RedCloud wrote:
DC ur playin' w/ forces u dun understand. Remember, Republic of Nova Ukraina is finally getting its air force in working order. and its real easy to teach 4 little birds to nose dive into a UAR embassy while shouting I DID IT FOR LULZ.

Well, Mr. Red Cloud, that would be an act of war. I suggest you prepare for...
Unforseen Consequences...
Spoiler:

RedCloud

PostSubject: Re: Kidnapping, Safeland, Wasteland...Sparta...Bandits. Making things more interesting.   Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:43 pm

DCWasteland3r wrote:
RedCloud wrote:

Well, Mr. Red Cloud, that would be an act of war. I suggest you prepare for...
Unforseen Consequences...
Spoiler:

well then I suggest you prepare for...
Cheeki Breeki...
Spoiler:

Opsan
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: Kidnapping, Safeland, Wasteland...Sparta...Bandits. Making things more interesting.   Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:15 pm

DCWasteland3r wrote:
Seriously though, I don't think "Safeland" Is the right way to describe the current situation. There's still radiation, giant bullet-resistant ant monsters, mutant humans dogs and bears, a fair number of violent people/raiders, and, to top it all of, killer spacemen, Collin's "Space Program", and Red's Piloting "Skills". The way I see it, with the decline of several factions and the rise of several new ones, the wasteland is just in a bit more of a "politically stable" state. Either A: It is a phase that will pass, or B: Humanity is starting to actually rebuild it'sself (In RP) and will end up united under one flag (hopefully mine, probably not), causing the players in the dominant faction to basically "Win" the game. From the looks of it, A is a lot more likely. So what I'm trying to say here is, simply put, don't worry about it.

This is the longest euphemism for "Safeland" I've ever seen. The world doesn't have to be entirely death-proof to be a safeland. It just has to be safe enough so that there are no substantial losses from hostile players. I'm not sure about you guys, but I don't know of any wasteland where you can go to "Mike Simms Bar and Grill" and hang with the "homeboys" without having some sort of conflict. I don't want the RP to be "won", I want it to stay as hostile as when it started.

(Note: I'm not arguing about the dicking around either, that's still some good stuff.)

xxrokboddemgaemz:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
DCWasteland3r

PostSubject: Re: Kidnapping, Safeland, Wasteland...Sparta...Bandits. Making things more interesting.   Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:41 pm

Opsan wrote:
DCWasteland3r wrote:
Stuff I said.

This is the longest euphemism for "Safeland" I've ever seen. The world doesn't have to be entirely death-proof to be a safeland. It just has to be safe enough so that there are no substantial losses from hostile players. I'm not sure about you guys, but I don't know of any wasteland where you can go to "Mike Simms Bar and Grill" and hang with the "homeboys" without having some sort of conflict. I don't want the RP to be "won", I want it to stay as hostile as when it started.

(Note: I'm not arguing about the dicking around either, that's still some good stuff.)

I see where you're coming from, but to be fair, there are still lots of violent people wandering about the server and killing people. And as far as the bar and grill goes, there are still restaurants in post-apocalyptic series like fallout, and the last thing I'd call the Mojave or Capital wasteland would be "Safelands"

Bizz
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Kidnapping, Safeland, Wasteland...Sparta...Bandits. Making things more interesting.   Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:42 pm

Killing people in postnuke doesn't work because death does not exist in a video game. The only thing death brings is people complaining about losing things and trying to find some obscure way that the death wasn't legitimate or some other kind of excuse to make the admin give them their stuff back. It's really not even a good idea to try and be a bandit because no one really values roleplay or fun in this gamemode anyways. it's all about scavenging until you get the items you need. The thing is people have forgotten is that all of those items don't really have a purpose once your end game. It's dumb because once someone has everything they need in the gamemode they just sit with it all and don't want to risk it all even though there's nothing else to do with it. It's stupid.

I've been playing around with the idea of some other sort of punishment for death other than losing everything so people don't keep complaining about losing stuff and people actually fight, but I like the concept of risk, but it's just not working.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frostburnt.com/
Mushroom
1st Forum Overlord
1st Forum Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Kidnapping, Safeland, Wasteland...Sparta...Bandits. Making things more interesting.   Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:52 pm

You could always make items degrade so people don't sit on them forever, and since eventually they will lose them anyway they might not get so butthurt about losing them. Just a thought.

DCWasteland3r

PostSubject: Re: Kidnapping, Safeland, Wasteland...Sparta...Bandits. Making things more interesting.   Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:55 pm

Mushroom wrote:
You could always make items degrade so people don't sit on them forever, and since eventually they will lose them anyway they might not get so butthurt about losing them. Just a thought.

-Hell. No. Not now. Not ever. Please god.

-Well, I just finished building a suit of armor and some cool new weapons. Good to know that all the effort will be wasted when they cease to exist after an arbitrary time limit.

Edit: I realize that that sounded a bit rude. Sorry about that. The idea just bothered me for some reason.

Mushroom
1st Forum Overlord
1st Forum Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Kidnapping, Safeland, Wasteland...Sparta...Bandits. Making things more interesting.   Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:22 pm

lol it's Kay, I know it would bug people but of course they could be maintained or something, anyway just thought a bad idea would be better then none.

Cap-Coop

PostSubject: Re: Kidnapping, Safeland, Wasteland...Sparta...Bandits. Making things more interesting.   Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:31 pm

Tone down the price of items and give a reason for players to reset characters. There's a start and a middle to this gamemode but the endgame is just people walking around with their purdy hardsuits.

☽ Luna Nobis Providet ☽
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DCWasteland3r

PostSubject: Re: Kidnapping, Safeland, Wasteland...Sparta...Bandits. Making things more interesting.   Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:11 pm

I would like to see cheaper items to reduce grinding and such, but honestly, I don't think many of the senior player/admins are in favor.

Bizz
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Kidnapping, Safeland, Wasteland...Sparta...Bandits. Making things more interesting.   Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:08 am

I just want to make this clear that I had nothing to do with the "no kidnapping rule". If anything I'm the one trying to make sure it's still allowed. Some of the other members of administration are the ones who want to see it done away with completely, but I believe there are some situations where it should be permitted.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frostburnt.com/
Opsan
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: Kidnapping, Safeland, Wasteland...Sparta...Bandits. Making things more interesting.   Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:11 pm

Suggestion: Okay, so suppose someone has killed someone else for whatever reason (hit, theft, etc.) and there were people nearby. The person that died is not in a faction. Does anyone have the right to kill the murderer? No. I feel like the community system (considering it does not take any money to create one.) acts as sort of a friend system. So if you're not in a community, no one around you can help you if you're being attacked or if you die.

I feel like this would solve a lot of issues with RDM, and would solve parts of the kidnapping issue. So, I think people that are not in communities can't be kidnapped, because there is no reason to do it. And if someone's in a community, ONLY community members, and allies can help them if they get kidnapped. People who aren't in communities can't help.

xxrokboddemgaemz:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
RedCloud

PostSubject: Re: Kidnapping, Safeland, Wasteland...Sparta...Bandits. Making things more interesting.   Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:39 pm

I like the idea that you need to pay to make a faction, maybe 400-500 of each.

DCWasteland3r

PostSubject: Re: Kidnapping, Safeland, Wasteland...Sparta...Bandits. Making things more interesting.   Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:41 pm

RedCloud wrote:
I like the idea that you need to pay to make a faction, maybe 400-500 of each.

I'm not so sure about this one, it will discourage the formation of smaller factions.

Mushroom
1st Forum Overlord
1st Forum Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Kidnapping, Safeland, Wasteland...Sparta...Bandits. Making things more interesting.   Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:11 pm

Last I checked (which was a long time ago) you need 5 people for a faction, so 100 resources from each person isn't really that bad. But I agree with Opson, especially most people on the server know each other, when you kill someone you bassi ally have to fight the whole server, and you can't kill witnesses so usually they shoot you first.

Kidnapping, Safeland, Wasteland...Sparta...Bandits. Making things more interesting.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General :: General Discussion-
Jump to: