Share | 

The making of newspawn day.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Chess
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

PostSubject: The making of newspawn day.   Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:06 pm

So I think that we should make a day, Friday probably newspawn day. A day where the experienced, wealthy powerful and influential people get together, amass together, and dedicate that day to solely helping new people out. While yes, I'd hope everyone helps new players when they need it. But I'm wanting it on a larger scale. Towns of everyone working together and helping how they can. It'd be a day where all player quarrel is moot and just working together is the goal. More player interaction, less vending machines, more player shops bars. More use of water towers and barrels. Hell, a ration system would be awesome. But everyone would have to work together and understand that new players do stupid shit and bullets are not the only way to tell them they're wrong. I'm going to start setting up large scale towns with water towers, miners for newspawns to get resources from (and only newspawns) sentry bots for protection and all maybe make some fake quests and tasks for them to do and reward them with shit. Anyone who's on board post here and know you'll lose some of your precious stuffs. But hey getting new people to stick around is always nice. So yea.

Anchorman
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: The making of newspawn day.   Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:34 pm

I'm down.

Rezzy

PostSubject: Re: The making of newspawn day.   Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:39 pm

I fully support this idea, sounds like fun.

Mike Nespo
Staff Manager
Staff Manager

PostSubject: Re: The making of newspawn day.   Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:34 pm

Sure I like to help...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
|Antony|

PostSubject: Re: The making of newspawn day.   Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:01 pm

Yes, please This sounds fun. To be honest, it sounds rewarding to both sides.

Jeff Belinger

PostSubject: Re: The making of newspawn day.   Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:30 pm

Fun for newbies, a headache for veterans... I cannot teach worth shit. I'm the kind of person that would throw a machete at a new guy and tell him to hit an ant mound and not cone back until its done.

That or tell him I can't figure how to explains hit because I can't convey my message to him in a comprehensible way. I can explain how to play the game, but can't do it well, more of a show than tell kind of person.

HUEG BLAK DOODS
having good rp doesnt make one fit for staff duties, especially if said people are always playing with the same small group of people and no one else. staying in an echo chamber only makes your own words reflected back to you and whoever else is in the chamber. people applying for staff need to not only know the staff, but also how the playerbase can react to interactions between itself, the general staff base and the applicant
Back to top Go down
View user profile
|Antony|

PostSubject: Re: The making of newspawn day.   Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:34 pm

I don't find this a headache at all. Something like this would actually make me set aside Overpoch for a while and et on postnuke for a day.

RedCloud

PostSubject: Re: The making of newspawn day.   Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:59 pm

its not a headache for veterans, its a headache for you.
if you don't like it then just don't participate

DCWasteland3r

PostSubject: Re: The making of newspawn day.   Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:14 pm

I do like this idea. Of course, it's a good idea to encourage new spawns in general. It's nice when a new face on the server becomes a regular player.

:F|F: Price
Retiree

PostSubject: Re: The making of newspawn day.   Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:31 pm

Well The Eastern Chapter shall have to set up Project Purity and supply free PURE water too the nubs.. This idea sounds great! Its hard for new players to even find food sometimes..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RedCloud

PostSubject: Re: The making of newspawn day.   Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:38 pm

I call setting up Township of New Lviv and opening a welfare office where noobs can regularly go and get a small stipend to help in their noobish ways.

Chess
Co-Owner
Co-Owner

PostSubject: Re: The making of newspawn day.   Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:42 pm

It'll be easier to set one uniform town.

CaptnSmurf

PostSubject: Re: The making of newspawn day.   Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:13 pm

I like this idea, I try to help newbies as much as I can but there is only so much one middle class player can do. Starting a day where raiding is not allowed, and the new players are educated on the rules and how to play the game seems like a great way to increase the new player base.

It's also just in time for the holidays!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RedCloud

PostSubject: Re: The making of newspawn day.   Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:36 pm

Chess1 wrote:
It'll be easier to set one uniform town.
ye thats a better idea, that way we can all have our own shops and service shacks, each with its own different personality! maaaan i can't wait for how much fun and kristmus cheer this event will bring.

Dimebag

PostSubject: Re: The making of newspawn day.   Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:14 am

I signed up just to put my 2 cents in, and that asks a lot cause forums seem to evade me in how one could be an active member with real life duties. But, to the effing point!
I'm a new player, and I wouldn't consider myself anything but a noob, but I know enough to WANT to help the next player who just starts this game mode up with the help I can give them. What I like about postnuke is its complexity, seriously there is so much going on it is mind boggling, I'm a loner by nature so I've been forced to find most of the little I know with minimal help but shit when I see some one swinging around a shank or pipe I recruit them into my scavenging brigade and we go explore shit. They ask questions, and when I can answer I feel like I take one step ahead. I support this, but I would love for this to be an all the time thing. It isn't hard to take some time from your democracy of trading companies to explain a little something of how to survive the wasteland. If you're typing, yeah it'll take a while. But for us that have a mic, the only excuse we have is greediness. Cause if we tell them the good spots, shit less resources for us. But, where it gets fun is the diverse group we build, and community that can stand behind us...

Kay, first post; Dimebag out!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
James King

PostSubject: Re: The making of newspawn day.   Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:16 am

I thought of making a community with a sole purpose of making the wasteland more fun. Like making fake missions to raid an enemy faction *members of the group pretending to be bad guiz* and you would get there gear as a reward (if you succeed) But of course that wont happen.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
RedCloud

PostSubject: Re: The making of newspawn day.   Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:16 am

So today is to be new spawns day i assume?

DCWasteland3r

PostSubject: Re: The making of newspawn day.   Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:26 pm

Didn't see many newspawns today actually. Server was mostly regulars and fairly experienced players.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The making of newspawn day.   

Back to top Go down

The making of newspawn day.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Fallout Decay :: Fallout Decay General Discussion-
Jump to: