HomeFrostburntCalendarFAQSearchUsergroupsLog inRegisterMemberlistContent
Share | 
 

 [Declined]Moderator Application: Jeff Belinger

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jeff Belinger
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 1013
Join date : 2013-09-08

PostSubject: [Declined]Moderator Application: Jeff Belinger   Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:54 pm

In-game Name: Jeff Belinger

Steam ID: 0:0:9204571

Have you donated: more than a very fair share

Where are you from/time zone: EST (-5:00)

How long have you played: since early august 2013

How did you hear about FF: server hopping

How old are you: 22

Do you have a microphone: yes

Do you know any of our Moderators/Admins: I know too many for me to count them all and they know me as well

Have you played on any of our other servers: PNRP, a bit on the TTT we had for a bit

Why you wish to be Moderator: Because I would like to carry some of the load of work the staff have to carry around. to help my fellow player when they require assistance, to find a new purpose for me to stick on the server. to fill a sense of belonging and duty to the staff, whom I consider friends and acquaintances.

What can you offer for us as an Moderator: I can offer anything I am asked to and more when I deem it needed. ask and you will have an answer if i can provide or not. I can provide non biased judgement. I know where my weaknesses lie and am not afraid to ask help from people, staff in this case, when a situation that has no clear resolution to it for council.

Anything else you want to add: I'd like people not to do a +1/-1 thing on this thread, it serves absolutely no purpose at all except from bumping threads and starting arguments

__________________________
Gyro count highscore: 5
You saw a chemical bin? WHERE!?!?!?!?!!!!

HUEG BLAK DOODS
having good rp doesnt make one fit for staff duties, especially if said people are always playing with the same small group of people and no one else. staying in an echo chamber only makes your own words reflected back to you and whoever else is in the chamber. people applying for staff need to not only know the staff, but also how the playerbase can react to interactions between itself, the general staff base and the applicant
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Raksho

avatar

Posts : 112
Join date : 2013-10-23

PostSubject: Re: [Declined]Moderator Application: Jeff Belinger   Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:56 pm

Nah -1
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Toxic Impulse
Super Admin
Super Admin
avatar

Posts : 59
Join date : 2014-02-22

PostSubject: Re: [Declined]Moderator Application: Jeff Belinger   Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:57 pm

Just a reminder, This thread will be reviewed by staff, it is ultimately up to the staff.

__________________________
*Insert some dumb stupid meme, some stupid shit nobody gets or some unironic gay shit here*
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chess
Co-Owner
Co-Owner
avatar

Posts : 262
Join date : 2013-08-24

PostSubject: Re: [Declined]Moderator Application: Jeff Belinger   Sat Jan 10, 2015 3:30 pm

Jeff, you'll get a +1 from me, but you just gotta watch the temper and language. While yes some admin calls are fucking stupid and the people who do it can be dense as carbontanium. You do like to bash on people and assume shit pretty fast. You'd need to keep those in check mang. I also totally ignored your +1 minus one cause I'm staff.

__________________________
Sandwich.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FreeYummy



Posts : 108
Join date : 2014-10-12

PostSubject: Re: [Declined]Moderator Application: Jeff Belinger   Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:29 pm


+1 Shown improvement with behavior and became really enjoyable to be around
Back to top Go down
View user profile
|Antony|

avatar

Posts : 71
Join date : 2014-12-10

PostSubject: Re: [Declined]Moderator Application: Jeff Belinger   Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:32 pm

rip in pepperoni

__________________________
Steamprofile badge by Steamprofile.com
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bestegold K Redgold



Posts : 125
Join date : 2013-09-10

PostSubject: Re: [Declined]Moderator Application: Jeff Belinger   Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:07 pm

First off for me to post on this thread would be controversial but i simply must:

Jeff knows the rules, inside and out like most good staff. He respects those who respect him which is most honorable of him. I imagine that Jeff with these two factors and a bit of training could be great for staff...how ever...Jeff, if you wish to be staff you must learn to control your anger and your paranoia for it can cloud you judgment.

To conclude i must give you a 1+ (sorry i know you don't want the 1+/1- thing but its the only way we can decide the verdict) but i suggest we put you on temp for a week of training and to see how you work as a mod. good luck.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jeff Belinger
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 1013
Join date : 2013-09-08

PostSubject: Re: [Declined]Moderator Application: Jeff Belinger   Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:28 pm

yes, as a matter of fact, recent events in my life changed my lifestyle and during the coming week, im going to start seeking psychological help from the services in my area to help me cope with them.

I am requesting temp mod, and I'd like to be under Antwon and Bestegold for that. Antwon i trust wholesale and as much as beste can be annoying, he's a a straight forward ruleslawyer.

__________________________
Gyro count highscore: 5
You saw a chemical bin? WHERE!?!?!?!?!!!!

HUEG BLAK DOODS
having good rp doesnt make one fit for staff duties, especially if said people are always playing with the same small group of people and no one else. staying in an echo chamber only makes your own words reflected back to you and whoever else is in the chamber. people applying for staff need to not only know the staff, but also how the playerbase can react to interactions between itself, the general staff base and the applicant
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Antwon Anvari

avatar

Posts : 20
Join date : 2014-09-11

PostSubject: Re: [Declined]Moderator Application: Jeff Belinger   Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:44 pm

I have noticed that jeff has been Acting a bit better towards other people Attitude wise, And i haven't notice him stir anything up recently so i'd say +1 for temp mod and from there we can see where he stands.

__________________________
Like Grandpa Anvari Always use to tell me. AUSSTEIGEN!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr.Chacon
Co-Owner
Co-Owner
avatar

Posts : 85
Join date : 2014-11-18

PostSubject: Re: [Declined]Moderator Application: Jeff Belinger   Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:16 pm

i feel Jeff could be a great staff member if given time to improve on his attitude towards others and mentored by others members of staff he would be a fantastic part of the team ^_^ all he need is a little work around the edges. this is just want i think but most of you know him better then i.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: [Declined]Moderator Application: Jeff Belinger   Sun Jan 11, 2015 5:43 am

No.
Back to top Go down
Opsan
Retiree
avatar

Posts : 442
Join date : 2013-08-11

PostSubject: Re: [Declined]Moderator Application: Jeff Belinger   Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:04 am

I'm going to sympathize with Jeff. I want to see him become a mod because I believe this guy can make a change, buckle down, and take on responsibility.

*Little off-topic here* The forums are great! I can express my opinion without being cut-off by someone who thinks their opinion is more valuable because they have the ability to cut me off or throw me out.

Anywho. I'm angry. Angry that Jeff is not getting the same opportunity as I once did a couple months ago. Before then, literally everyone thought I was a pest. A nobody who was there to just piss off the server. You guys did the unthinkable and gave me a chance to prove that I really did want to make this community a better place. You guys gave me the position of mod. I immediately changed my attitude towards everyone. People who thought I was just some asshole changed their entire view about me. I wasn't just an asshole anymore, I was an asshole with a purpose; to administrate this wonderful server. I'm asking that you guys extend the same opportunity that you guys gave to me a while back to Jeff.

I just have to ask one thing of you Jeff. The other day in the Teamspeak, you said that you wanted mod to be on the same level as your friends that are in staff, and that if you weren't part of staff, that you'd be belittled. I'm going to quote Alaska here:
"We don't see other players as little or inferior, that's one of our jobs as staff, we look at our players with the same respect as our admins. If you see yourself a inferior just because you are not a staff member, then when you are a staff you will look at normal players as inferior." (Even though he's not staff anymore, this is a great point)

Except that I'm willing to give you a +1. I think you can be a great mod, and a great part of staff. Just do me a favor, and if you get staff, don't think of players as inferior because they're not, without them there would be no PostNuke. Thank you for reading, and I honestly hope Jeff gets mod.

__________________________
DOWNLOAD DROPBOX FOR ALL YOUR PAC FILES - https://db.tt/Ovs1CFyb
Fuckin', cones and shit


xxrokboddemgaemz:
 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ice Frost

avatar

Posts : 254
Join date : 2013-09-19

PostSubject: Re: [Declined]Moderator Application: Jeff Belinger   Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:51 am

Jeff has improve his attitude from what I'll see, better than before, also why don't we give him another chance and he had my fully +support
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jeff Belinger
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 1013
Join date : 2013-09-08

PostSubject: Re: [Declined]Moderator Application: Jeff Belinger   Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:59 am

This feeling of inferiority comes from my paranoia. I'm always thinking someone, or a lot of people are plotting against me.

Schyzophrenic Paranoia. The most common form of Schyzophrenia. I have a large amount of psychological and mental disorders and I'm going to try to get gel for them in coming months

I want to give back to the community. Even with my obvious flaws, I'm a much different person from what I was two years ago and a year ago.

That's why I'm asking to be under mentoring, because I know on my own I'm going to fuck up

__________________________
Gyro count highscore: 5
You saw a chemical bin? WHERE!?!?!?!?!!!!

HUEG BLAK DOODS
having good rp doesnt make one fit for staff duties, especially if said people are always playing with the same small group of people and no one else. staying in an echo chamber only makes your own words reflected back to you and whoever else is in the chamber. people applying for staff need to not only know the staff, but also how the playerbase can react to interactions between itself, the general staff base and the applicant
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr.Chacon
Co-Owner
Co-Owner
avatar

Posts : 85
Join date : 2014-11-18

PostSubject: Re: [Declined]Moderator Application: Jeff Belinger   Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:19 am

i really feel that Jeff can really do good for the server, all he needs is a helping hand from the staff, sure he is a little rough around the edges but who isn't? i say give him a trial period and see how he does, this would give all of us the chance to see how well he fits in the shoes of being a mod and this will also let us see what he can improve on. all Jeff needs in a little guidance from the rest of us. and Jeff you have my support because i feel you could be a great member of the staff with a little work.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mathew95597

avatar

Posts : 139
Join date : 2014-07-14

PostSubject: Re: [Declined]Moderator Application: Jeff Belinger   Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:21 am

One day I might go for this but for now can't because my Gmod can't load some maps you guys play on for some reason but I look at these forums everyday to see what is up. I am still active guys.


Anyways I say give Jeff a chance on this. I know it is shocking for me to say that because how he was always on the forums but I still want to see how he will do. I am a fair and honest man and I have to say this to you Jeff... Get both sides of the story when dealing with people and don't give in to anger. Also be fair mate and don't go like this "It's my way or the highway for you!". I do this when I roleplay and even offline in real life. I have to say it works and helps you as portraying as a honest, kind, and fair person. Anyways, enough of me babbling on. Jeff, with a little work on your personality you might be a great moderator like the rest of them. I believe that you will do fine. Very Happy

__________________________
My favorite quotes:
 


Mathew -Lone Scout
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bizzclaw
Founder
Founder
avatar

Posts : 1629
Join date : 2013-05-07

PostSubject: Re: [Declined]Moderator Application: Jeff Belinger   Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:02 pm

No offense Jeff, but here's the honest truth. The thing is that you've even said it yourself, you have no tact. Your brutal honesty to say what you're thinking out loud has done nothing but make yourself look bad, especially when you say things that have no truth behind them and all it serves to do is make yourself look ill informed, biased and just plain rude, such as this response to a light hearted joke from mushroom in regards to a thread made about including characters in some stupid fan fic about me.

Mushroom wrote:
Ameno needs to be in there, also the furm mastah should also be in there

Jeff Belinger wrote:

Get out of here mushroom you left, why are you still pretending to be staff when you decided this community was too shit for you. Fork over the forum ownership to Jamz.

Hell, I bet you I could do your old job twice as good as you did once because fuck if I'm not on the forums at least 3 times a day surveying recent threads for shitposting, thread necro and double posting and such.
Fuck, I want to administrate the forums as a matter of fact, remove you and alaskabuse, Jamz and I are the top posters on the forums. I don't see why I shouldn't be given a try at that.

The things you've said on the forums and the way you've acted under duress has been less than acceptable, and I don't think that I can let that represent our staff. You don't treat new players well either, which could result in problems with staff coming in.

I'm not saying it's impossible for you to ever become staff, but you need to work on your personal issues and show more progress with coping with them, and I don't think the stress of dealing with staff issues on the server will help with that. There's a lot of potential in you for staff because you have a good grasp on common sense, all you need to do is think a bit before you speak and do your best try to learn how to detect sarcasm, but until then this is declined. Sorry.

I'll lock this in a few days, anyone can feel free to post what they want to say.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frostburnt.com/
Coront
Retiree
avatar

Posts : 1268
Join date : 2014-07-09

PostSubject: Re: [Declined]Moderator Application: Jeff Belinger   Sun Jan 11, 2015 5:44 pm

Bizzclaw wrote:
such as this response to a light hearted joke from mushroom in regards to a thread made about including characters in some stupid fan fic about me.
Bizzclaw wrote:
some stupid fan fic about me.
Bizzclaw wrote:
stupid



How insensitive!


Last edited by Coront on Sun Jan 11, 2015 5:49 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : picture)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jeff Belinger
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 1013
Join date : 2013-09-08

PostSubject: Re: [Declined]Moderator Application: Jeff Belinger   Sun Jan 11, 2015 6:38 pm

That's my problem James, you WONT leave me a chance to try to change using you and your staff's help guiding me. you have no faith in me, from what I read.

__________________________
Gyro count highscore: 5
You saw a chemical bin? WHERE!?!?!?!?!!!!

HUEG BLAK DOODS
having good rp doesnt make one fit for staff duties, especially if said people are always playing with the same small group of people and no one else. staying in an echo chamber only makes your own words reflected back to you and whoever else is in the chamber. people applying for staff need to not only know the staff, but also how the playerbase can react to interactions between itself, the general staff base and the applicant
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mushroom
1st Forum Overlord
1st Forum Overlord
avatar

Posts : 1415
Join date : 2013-05-06

PostSubject: Re: [Declined]Moderator Application: Jeff Belinger   Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:38 pm

You're missing a step Jeff. You don't get staff to change, you change to get staff. As simple as that, also their is a bit of a record and yours is pretty poor.

__________________________
ତ Fungi Extraordinaire ଡ
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frostburnt.com/
 
[Declined]Moderator Application: Jeff Belinger
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» [Declined]Moderator Application: Jeff Belinger
» [Accepted] Moderator Application Form (King)
» [Accepted] Moderator Application - Tanuki
» [Accepted]Moderator Application (Opsan)
» [Accepted]Moderator Application (Veronica Faolan)

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Fallout Decay :: Moderator Applications-
Jump to: